• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Folks be calm about the tail lights. Is racecar so all bets are off.
The tail lights are actually functional on this particular racing model. They can be seen on in the short intro video that Patio208 posted. From the pictures my guess is that the front lights are non functional though. They look like dark lexan with three horizontal decals on them to mimick the street car DRLs. Perhaps they are place holders for now. The Supercar series Camaro that was shown in the Dick Johnson video does have functional DRLs.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It looks like they really use the production rearlights, like the ZL1 uses too. With brake light being the 2 inner chambers I think it's safe to say that outer chamber will be turn signal for export markets again.
S650 Mustang All-New Ford Mustang (S650) GT Supercars Race Car Revealed at Bathurst 1000 1665054715421

I somehow missed that there even is one with lights turned on in the official pics, showing the pinkish glow instead of a strong red.

At least they really are more grey and not bright white again, so it will fit the colors better

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
i like it. exciting times to watch all these race events (hopefully) with the mustang.
with production still far away they can tweak some things based off of the feedback they are getting (like the interior) and should be a nice car.
with the way the economy and everything is going im not sure i want to be buying cars that will be mainly sitting around for show....but i do like mustangs that i still want to own as many as i can.
not worried that i am wasting my money but still dont want to put the family in a bad position just in case the economy and such goes south.....

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
with production still far away they can tweak some things based off of the feedback they are getting (like the interior) and should be a nice car.
They can't, all the parts and supply chains are finalized at this point. They could tweak some very minor parts like which leather colors to offer, but not redo the whole dashboard design.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Any links to how they build the engine for these ?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
With brake light being the 2 inner chambers I think it's safe to say that outer chamber will be turn signal for export markets again.
I think you are spot on there.

When you think of it that is such a weird development. For the Mach-E Ford developed the ultimate universal global Mustang tail light, with three horizontal bars beautifully integrated into the bodywork, a horizontal running flashlight bar running across them and programmable features to make it compatible with every thinkable market in terms of color and blinking pattern, like building up the blinker line from inward to outward or starting in full and reducing the amount of burning blinker LED units from inward to outward.

Now with the new real Mustang we just get an oversimplified version of the old design with red (US) versus clear (export) and probably not even sequential blinkers for export. There were only two really cool things that came with the Mach-E and they didn't re-use either of them. 😏

(edit: the other one being the soundbar integrated into the double brow dashboard)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
@Ericc B: This is especially strange since Jan Herzog, former chief of the Export Mustang, told me a few years ago that for Gen 7 they are heading for more internationally unified parts like red rearlights and sequential turn signals (which were not possible because the the space between each chamber was too wide for european regulation). But with even the mirrors being copied it kinda seems like rear lights have new visuals but are technically unchanged.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Any links to how they build the engine for these ?
It is still early days, so there is not much other than these videos that cover the parity procedures with some dyno footage, so turn up the volume!

@SINBUSTER007 there is a fresh rumour that Supercars may be on the support card for a US Formula 1 race meeting, post-2023. Supercars did conduct a round of the championship at the Circuit of the Americas in 2013, albeit in front of a modest crowd.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
But with even the mirrors being copied it kinda seems like rear lights have new visuals but are technically unchanged.
Probably a cost cutting measure. I think underneath a lot of the control electronics are unchanged as well. It was likely cheaper to just produce a new taillight housing and keep the same electronics in them and on the BCM side, than to integrate the Mach-E units. They did change a little bit on the programming though, with the greeting sequence when unlocking the car. Although I wonder if we will even see that on the export spec.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
so the 4 hood latches are because it's carbon fiber and weak? Or because there's so much underhood pressure that it flutters excessively?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Very cool to see. This shows how badass s650's will look once you start seeing aftermarket widebody kits and wings/spoilers. Fingers crossed this engine makes its way into a gt350 of some sort.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
:clap:Typically I hate over the top looking race cars, but this is perfect. I resented the changes to the now 2D tails, but this fixes them for me.

This car is hot and if I get an S650, I'm going to replicate this as best as possible per mods.:sunglasses:

This is the first thing S650 I've seen to make me happy in 3 weeks, after Ford pissed me off 2x at Hart Plaza and Huntington Place...

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
so the 4 hood latches are because it's carbon fiber and weak? Or because there's so much underhood pressure that it flutters excessively?
The cars acquire pretty severe damage during the racing, but sometimes continue racing on, so the extra bonnet pins are just a safety precaution. The James Courtney Tickford Mustang damage is an example here:
S650 Mustang All-New Ford Mustang (S650) GT Supercars Race Car Revealed at Bathurst 1000 MH2_1278-1800x1200
Sponsored