• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The only part of the s650's design I wasn't sure about was the longer tail/decklid, but it looks pretty good here.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Why doesn't this car doesn't have the f'ed up dash? Where is your G*****n innovation Ford? How is the driver going to "feel the bass"? Where is the awe f'ing inspiring drift brake??

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Especially with that small ducktail. Wish the GT had that instead.
Canā€™t stand pedestal wings on the S550 or S650 personally except for the GT350 Rā€™s. Didnā€™t like them on the facelifted MY18+ S550s and the extra angular one on the S650 bugs me even more.

Imo these look best bare or with a ducktail ā€œswingā€ like the MY19-20 GT350/Mach 1/GT500 Handling Package, especially with the gurney flap. The body shuts a ducktail design so much more than a chunky pedestal.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Most of the exterior changes on the S650 were inspired by the S550ā€™s experience in Motorsport. It looks like the hood and fascia have continued to shrink wrap around the Coyote. Now there are TWO (02) areas on the grill surface dedicated to Cold Air Induction.

Another improvement is Heat Extractor placement. Increasing the overall grill area and ramming air into the radiator is great but at certain speeds, you start to see a ton of positive pressure and hood lift. At 100mph, the pressure in the engine bay could be so great that air no longer enters the engine bay at all.

Heat extraction is best above and behind the radiator to pull and displace as much volume through the grill and out of the extractor as possible. There is also secondary extraction between the window and cowl. Some intakes take advantage of the inert atmosphere behind the hood and under the slipstream with Cowl Induction. Unfortunately, if engine bay pressures become too strong, Cowl Induction may not function as desired.

The rear looks fantastic!!!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Another improvement is Heat Extractor placement. Increasing the overall grill area and ramming air into the radiator is great but at certain speeds, you start to see a ton of positive pressure and hood lift. At 100mph, the pressure in the engine bay could be so great that air no longer enters the engine bay at all.
This is interesting. Would love to see data on that.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
the magic number is about 30mph - radiators can only flow about 30mph worth of air. Even if you design for air-extraction on the backside, the BTU/hr the radiator can shed doesn't materially improve.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Has pricing been listed for these? And are they for private sale in the US?
Not that I could afford one but I'm curious if I'll see one at track events. I see plenty of GT3 Cup cars so if it's around $250k, I'm sure I'll see one eventually.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Has pricing been listed for these? And are they for private sale in the US?
Not that I could afford one but I'm curious if I'll see one at track events. I see plenty of GT3 Cup cars so if it's around $250k, I'm sure I'll see one eventually.
These cars will be custom built in Australia specifically for the Australian Supercars series. So unless you own an Australian Supercar team you cannot even buy one in Australia, let alone in the USA.

At a later date Ford will have multiple different US built racing versions on offer, like the GT4, the Dark Horse S and the Dark Horse R. Sales of the new GT3 version will likely be very restricted, since that is the car they plan to take to Le Mans in 2024 themselves.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Wow.

This in GT350 or GT and changes to the dashboard to make it not look like a sears assembly and I am in.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It should be fairly simple to find.

At 100mph, air has the consistency of Jello and without proper venting, engine bay pressure could easily deform the hood on pre-2005 cars. If air cannot escape the engine bay, the pressure inside can become positive after 80mph. As soon as the engine bay becomes heat soaked the grill area can no longer displace airflow properly due to the immense positive pressure at speeds over 100mph.

This was an issue with the S197 too and venting began around 2008. Grill area is only half the battle, exhausting hot air after it is rammed into an even hotter engine bay. After 120mph, if you donā€™t have proper flow through the grill, you might as well just block it off completely.

Then you have the Bottom Feeder vs. Large Mouth debate. The Mustang tries to pull air into the grill from the top of the slipstream while the Camaro feeds at the bottom, in lower air pressure BUT, in racing and traffic, you pull in hot ambient air from the road AND can have ALL your air blocked in traffic.

Chevy once hollowed out the Chevy Bow-Tie and got a 3% Airflow Increaseā€¦

Try and guess what Ford got with this design. šŸ¤£
Sponsored