• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Video: S650 race car at Mount Panorama for Bathurst 1000

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Delete if already posted. I couldn't find it. This is glorious.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
looks and sounds great! makes me like the 7g much much more seeing this!

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was pretty rad. The front clip is pretty much the dark horse front clip. That’s a different 5.4 coyote though, we won’t be getting that lol.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I thought it was pretty rad. The front clip is pretty much the dark horse front clip. That’s a different 5.4 coyote though, we won’t be getting that lol.
We will be getting the 5.4L.
It has to be homologated to be in the racecar so that means Ford has to offer the same power unit in a street car. Probably a special model yet to come, maybe the Shelby or something.

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah good point. Well. That one will likely be outa my price range anyway 😂

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
We will be getting the 5.4L.
It has to be homologated to be in the racecar so that means Ford has to offer the same power unit in a street car. Probably a special model yet to come, maybe the Shelby or something.
They really don't have to. According to this article the last year 'Gen 3' Racecars Mustang had 600hp and 5.4L and we all know this never happened...

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/f...en3-race-car-for-australias-supercars-series/

So the next Gen Racecar will most certainly not be a 'real' car by any means. Manufacturers have in the past and will always put in minimal effort to get the best result. As a result, they might produce 10, 20 or 50 prototypes with theoretical engines that never go on sales, just to fulfill the requirements.

How much effort is Ford putting into promoting a gas guzzling car in a fairly small market and that noone outside of Australia has ever heard of?
Never have I ever seen a German magazine talk about the Australian racecars series... I mean absolutely no offense. I just hardly doubt that Ford will sell a 5.4L Coyote with ~600hp anywhere but the states and since that car hasn't come to fruition last year for racecars I don't see them having it next year.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
That's not how our series works, Gen3 cars will be 5.4l Ford Mustangs and 5.7l Camaros. There is no homologation required as these cars are built to set specs set out by V8Supercars Australia. The engines are built by 2 separate builders ( one Ford and one Chev) and go back for refreshes when necessary and you get and engine off the rack each time, not necessarily the one you had. they run sequential gearboxes with a rear mounted transaxle. They do however have road car dimensions unlike the outgoing models which were made to fit a different roll cage.
Sponsored