• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

7th Gen, S650 live event reveal photos

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
The pricing of that "Dark Horse" has to be aggressive. Really bummed out by this event.
Agreed. Like every other American manufacture of these cars... They're pricing out the every man... That's my take on it at least.
Sponsored

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
So the regular GT continues with the MT82
Darkhorse is the Mach / PP2 replacement.

I really like the lowered belt line and what I perceive as more visibility. But I do not see myself trading in my 2022 Camaro 1LE for one.
The dash is a complete deal breaker for me. No way, no how would I ever buy a car with those JC Whitney add-on dash panels! If they'd just left the driver's cluster more traditional, the other infotainment panel would've been ok. The rest of the car I'm ok with. SO glad I got the last Gen 6!

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
And as I feared that plastic area around the actual grill is black plastic rather than body colored, thus making the front look like it has a big black void of a grill. I guess Ford couldn't resist joining the crowd of oversized grills. Should have known given the look of the GT500. IMO, that makes the front of this car look like crap. The 6ths generation DEFINITELY is the better car in my opinion. I never disliked the 6th gen (though I thought the front refresh was a step backwards and the Mach 1 fixed that). Another nice sports car no longer of any interest to me. At least they didn't drop the manual like the idiots who designed the Corvette did.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I really like this one, especially the Dark Horse, but I doubt Iā€™d sell my GR Supra for one..

I am not surprised about the ā€œhateā€. When the 18 was reviled all the 15-17 owners didnā€™t care for it since their new hotness became the old busted. Seems that how all the 18-22 owners are acting now. Seems almost every new gen release of a car goes through it
Same, I don't see many people upgrading. This is not much of an improvement over a s550 mechanically. No reason to expect any substantial performance number changes.

I don't mind the new look. Its 'fine' It looks extremely similar to the s550 to my eye on the outside at least. I'm not a fan of the one piece digital dash. They have moved important controls to touch screen which is a big no. There is also no sun shade over the gauges. I'd be worried about that, especially in the vert.

I guess we'll have to see how its priced. With all the inflation lately I bet the base price is a little aspirational.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
I kind of like whatā€™s happening with the rear taillights and the hood vent, and Iā€™m still on the fence about the grill. The rest of the exterior is a nope for me. The dash is perhaps the biggest disappointment IMO. Looks like a giant iPad. I mean, the two brow dash is iconic, they could have integrated that styling. The dash just doesnā€™t flow well to me. I really do prefer my ā€˜15. Now, the hp increase is exciting. Who doesnā€™t love them some more power?

I think the retro look is fading away by bits and pieces. Maybe that was predictable, but Iā€™m sad to see it go that way. However, the Dark Horse was hands down the best looking car on the stage to me, and the emblem is bad A.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
my future shopping list got shorter by one. Might as well shoot myself in the head and buy the Mach-E - it actually looks better - and I DESPISE it's rear tail lights no less.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
or you know, we just legitimately dont like the design? by far the ugliest mustang ive seen, and i still dont like the s550, the ONLY reason i bought an s550 and sold my s197 is because of certain major improvements like IRS that were made in the s550 line

The s550 is light years better looking than the 4x4 stance s197. It's not even a discussion. The s197 appealed to me at first but I think it's aged terribly. The earlier models (05-12 or so) the worst.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The dash is a complete deal breaker for me. No way, no how would I ever buy a car with those JC Whitney add-on dash panels! If they'd just left the driver's cluster more traditional, the other infotainment panel would've been ok. The rest of the car I'm ok with. SO glad I got the last Gen 6!
You hit the nail on the head for me. The rest of car Iā€™m good with but that dash is a nightmare. Iā€™ll stick with my 2022 until they improve that dash

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Probably the one thing that really gets my hopes up is the apparent huge amount of addons - wheels, brakes, interior, etc. - much like how Chevy allows performance orientated options without buying an overpriced package. Hopefully it doesn't turn into packaged crap and you can order Brembos and Recaros on a base GT. I do not like the dash and integrated climate controls though, but I could get by with it I guess - I mean it's the 21st century right? /s

Seeing the car fully revealed, I had doubts about the (very well done and pretty spot on) renderings. As it sits, I want back in lol. The only big denominator for me is price...and I'm guessing $45k starting for a GT...which is lame.

I also hope the EB really gets some love. It was glossed over so quickly in the reveal despite being a pretty big seller, and quite a bargain for what you get. Hoping for HPP-like motor or calibration option in the future.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
my future shopping list got shorter by one. Might as well shoot myself in the head and buy the Mach-E - it actually looks better - and I DESPISE it's rear tail lights no less.
LMFAO....

like I said...that cabin interior is hellish... It's the worst design concept for the new Mustang. The S550 kept the "traditional" interior where it was actually "sporty" AND functional...

That S650 interior is a joke, it's a distraction and it's all clunky... It doesn't mesh at all and everything looks out of place, let alone it's "truck-like".

I personally have no interest in buying or even potentially considering any S650 at all.

For crying out loud they made the car look "fat", there's almost no body side styling cues and it's like merged between a GM and Dodge product. The headlight design is not even sleek at all.

Farley should be ashamed and it's a huge fail for the interior - that's where the driver has to be, has to like, and has to be able to enjoy it ... and it HAS to be functional, not all clunky with everything almost out of reach.

The center stack design of the S550 was very functional - and if there was to be any improvement for a revised dash would have been to keep the S550 design, BUT bring the display out more towards the driver AND angle it towards the driver more.

The S650 layout is extremely poor and it just looks like there was no thought in the design at all, where various pieces where just stuck here and there.

I mean look at the S650 display with the awkward "emptiness" and swath of dash behind it... such a poor ass decision and design layout.

The steering wheel looks like garbage as well - nothing like taking a truck steering wheel and throwing it into a sports car...

SORRY, yes, coming off negative - but damn, that's no reveal - it's just not what the next Gen Mustang should have looked like.

I agree and have said it too - they made the rear of the car look bad too - the taillights are horrible and raking up the trunk lid and making the rear bumper cover larger than it should be...

ugh.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
i agree with GoodWood,

the dash is TERRIBLE!. i like the rest of the car except for that. i dont know if i could live with this car if i have to look at that all day driving. they could integrate the screens in as they did the last gen cars to make it look like a REAL dash...
ONLY way i would buy this is if they offered a huge discount and Orange exterior....thats it!

outside - win!
inside - FAIL!

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
Our club members have been discussing the new model, but not nearly as much as one would anticipate. So far, I'm ambivalent. With the modes I've made on my current car...largely suspension focused...I just don't see it moving the needle much for me. Maybe this will change in time, but right now...meh.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandƩ
Our club members have been discussing the new model, but not nearly as much as one would anticipate. So far, I'm ambivalent. With the modes I've made on my current car...largely suspension focused...I just don't see it moving the needle much for me. Maybe this will change in time, but right now...meh.
Yes! Too many Mods! Would make a Great Daily Driver if I had the Bucks!
Sponsored