• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I really think the S650 must be in some kind of development hell. Maybe the management couldn't choose which way to go for the next mustang in terms of ICE, hybrid, etc for a way too long time. Maybe they are in deep technical problems they have to clear. It just doesn't feel like Ford actually has a good plan to get this car going.

The car at first was set for a 2020 reveal. Now with the accent package nonsense (based on the pictures it's a package for S550) and no teaser of S650 the rumors about an April '23 reveal and launch in late '23 sounds likable.

I really don't know what Ford is waiting for. Right now they are in a spot where people would love to order a new exiting car blindly because of how empty and expansive the used car market is going. And both competitors need more time to get their EV competitor going. They don't have to reveal the full car yet, but it would be a great time to slowly start dropping teasers.

This black accent thing would have been easy marketing to just add a little teaser, like a small text hinting that the package name will be conintued to future models with a little glimpse of the S650 rear or headlight signature next to it.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I really think the S650 must be in some kind of development hell. Maybe the management couldn't choose which way to go for the next mustang in terms of ICE, hybrid, etc for a way too long time. Maybe they are in deep technical problems they have to clear. It just doesn't feel like Ford actually has a good plan to get this car going.

The car at first was set for a 2020 reveal. Now with the accent package nonsense (based on the pictures it's a package for S550) and no teaser of S650 the rumors about an April '23 reveal and launch in late '23 sounds likable.

I really don't know what Ford is waiting for. Right now they are in a spot where people would love to order a new exiting car blindly because of how empty and expansive the used car market is going. And both competitors need more time to get their EV competitor going. They don't have to reveal the full car yet, but it would be a great time to slowly start dropping teasers.

This black accent thing would have been easy marketing to just add a little teaser, like a small text hinting that the package name will be conintued to future models with a little glimpse of the S650 rear or headlight signature next to it.
I think there are a lot of factors at play here. And I have documented it on 6 and 7G with lots of push back and anger from the usual suspects. Ford, like most dealers, are in a time of quick change. From EV, muscle competition, MPG, different laws/administrations changing, and the new no chip/put an order in scheme.

The business is changing and the industry has never been good with change. Again, the industry is making some bad decision (aware and unaware) and they are trying to figure out the money. I predict more failure or they find new crazy ways to take your money. Heated steering wheel subscription incoming.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
So what are we missing? Do we really think Ford did this all for the renaming of an existing package? Makes no sense. Something’s up!
According to latest informations MY2023 order banks open on October 17th. This would match the Gen 7 reveal in April 23 with launch as MY2024 later. So we could get a full MY2023 S550 with the renamed black accents package.

Only thing that don't add up is that export models S550 will end by end of the year. But pausing export models while US models continue for a while wouldn't be a big surprise and even for the 18 refresh there was quite a gap before export models continued

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
According to latest informations MY2023 order banks open on October 17th. This would match the Gen 7 reveal in April 23 with launch as MY2024 later. So we could get a full MY2023 S550 with the renamed black accents package.

Only thing that don't add up is that export models S550 will end by end of the year. But pausing export models while US models continue for a while wouldn't be a big surprise and even for the 18 refresh there was quite a gap before export models continued
What a shame... They pushed the car an entire year back... again...
S650 should've been a MY2020, then it was pushed back to 2022 as a MY2023 followed by even more push backs and now it's a MY2024 car that might or might not come out next year...

How on earth can the S650 be somewhat up to date when it finally hits the markets somewhat 4-5 years later than usually expected?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
S650 should've been a MY2020, then it was pushed back to 2022 as a MY2023 followed by even more push backs and now it's a MY2024 car that might or might not come out next year...

How on earth can the S650 be somewhat up to date when it finally hits the markets somewhat 4-5 years later than usually expected?
Well, you know there was this thing called a worldwide pandemic. Kind of screwed up a lot of things for a lot of people.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE

The reveal probably isn't accurate and just hearsay.

It was never a 2020 model, as back in 2014 at the time of S550 launch, it was earmarked originally for the 2022 MY.

It was then pushed forward 2 years by Mark Fields administration in early 2016, to May 2020 Job 1, in feeling the heat from the Camaro and wanting to justify CD6, as his pet project.

Sometime by October 2016, it became December 7, 2020 for early 2021 release.

Then in May 2017, the CD6 engineering effort got cancelled by the new Hackett administration and pushed back into 2021-2022 as a tophat redesign instead.

I discovered in early 2020, that Job 1 was in May 2022 and confirmed it for MY 2023. Thanks to the pandemic, it was pushed back half a year to late 2022.

Then AGAIN thanks to the pandemic and NOW shortage, things got upended further as I feared and now it begins production on March 6, 2023. How did I find this? Don't want to say.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
and now it begins production on March 6, 2023. How did I find this? Don't want to say.
you can't put production ahead of reveal...

IMO Ford should just fix various stupid shortcuts and defects in S550 chassis design and call it done with a barely noteworthy bumper re-skin ala Mach1. Without an EV play sales numbers will continue their downward trend and anyway Mustang is a gnat on an elephant ass so why keep shoveling good money into the furnace after bad?

Was it the Explorer that Ford was doing a 'compliance' EV effort and a new Prez (Hackett?) commanded a total-redo with some actual effort expended?

I expect S650's EV was also another "we're pretending to design a half-assed EV" effort and somebody chewed ass and started whipping people to do a redo with a credible effort this time.

So that is holding up the ICE version, also because Camaro/Charger took the gloves off and doing an EV riff and Ford doesn't want to look silly coming out with a car that has no hope of competing.

Ford should just quit while they're ahead, declare Mission Failure and announce Mustang EV (and also ICE) for 2025 timeframe and put this preennial PR shitfest to bed.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
you can't put production ahead of reveal...

IMO Ford should just fix various stupid shortcuts and defects in S550 chassis design and call it done with a barely noteworthy bumper re-skin ala Mach1. Without an EV play sales numbers will continue their downward trend and anyway Mustang is a gnat on an elephant ass so why keep shoveling good money into the furnace after bad?

Was it the Explorer that Ford was doing a 'compliance' EV effort and a new Prez (Hackett?) commanded a total-redo with some actual effort expended?

I expect S650's EV was also another "we're pretending to design a half-assed EV" effort and somebody chewed ass and started whipping people to do a redo with a credible effort this time.

So that is holding up the ICE version, also because Camaro/Charger took the gloves off and doing an EV riff and Ford doesn't want to look silly coming out with a car that has no hope of competing.

Ford should just quit while they're ahead, declare Mission Failure and announce Mustang EV (and also ICE) for 2025 timeframe and put this preennial PR shitfest to bed.
There is no S650 EV and I don't think one was ever in planning.

The reveal date is just some hearsay, which hasn't been confirmed. The Job 1 date is internal.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The reveal date is just some hearsay, which hasn't been confirmed. The Job 1 date is internal.
but how out of date is your 'internal' information? I guess MY designations are just as much fiction as Hogwarts' incantations, but to call a March/April '23 car a MY24 is stretching the truth/credibility even more than salt-water toffee.

If March '23 is J1 then obviously the orderbooks have to be opened by Oct/Nov'ish which means a reveal no later than Aug.

I guess I'll order my Mach 1 late July?

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I lightened it up, and the bottom creases and tail lights are a bit different.

imgonline-com-ua-Lightening-8A6g67JSkphTVbC8.jpg
It is different, this is similar to an S550, but not an S550. Also the Horse will be 2D (flat)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You gotta be shittin' me. So all that so ford can offer another blacked out package? Wasn't the stealth package enough? I'm starting to hate this trend of blacked out packages more than most of you hate the mach-e.
Stealth package wasn’t enough - no one could see it…
Sponsored