• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

24 Mustang wouldn’t start. Loads of error messages

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
My 24 Mustang wouldn’t start. Dealer did oil change yesterday. Drove it home and drove it this morning and it wouldn’t start when I finished my errand. Lots of error codes popped up. Finally got it started. It stopped when I put it in gear. After sitting for a while got it to start and drove it to the dealership. Got this message on Ford Pass.

S650 Mustang 24 Mustang wouldn’t start.  Loads of error messages IMG_4206
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
dead battery? what do you mean it won't start? Nothing on the screens? Maybe you got the firmware update and it bricked your car?

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dead battery? what do you mean it won't start? Nothing on the screens? Maybe you got the firmware update and it bricked your car?
I just updated my post. The voltage on the battery while driving to the dealer was between 13.5 - 14 volts. Read on a previous post that it might be the Gateway Control module. We’ll see what the dealer says

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Same shit happened to me a couple of weeks ago, took it to my local dealer and of course there was nothing wrong. 😑

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I just updated my post. The voltage on the battery while driving to the dealer was between 13.5 - 14 volts. Read on a previous post that it might be the Gateway Control module. We’ll see what the dealer says
Your battery is good if it’s reading that while running.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Dealer replaced the Gateway Module on mine. Still not sure how they came to the conclusion that was the problem. It seems that many of the cars that are experiencing the same issues are battery related.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same shit happened to me a couple of weeks ago, took it to my local dealer and of course there was nothing wrong. 😑
That sucks! Of course something is wrong.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe reprogramming ABS module will help

S650 Mustang 24 Mustang wouldn’t start.  Loads of error messages IMG_4211

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
My 24 Mustang wouldn’t start. Dealer did oil change yesterday. Drove it home and drove it this morning and it wouldn’t start when I finished my errand. Lots of error codes popped up. Finally got it started. It stopped when I put it in gear. After sitting for a while got it to start and drove it to the dealership. Got this message on Ford Pass.

IMG_4206.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Thank you. Just sent you a message with that info

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I’v seen others wit the same message from
I’v seen others get same message from Ford on other problems too. Curious to what Ford did after receiving your VIN and dealership name.

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer reprogrammed ABS module and car started without issue and powertrain malfunction error message is now gone on Ford Pass

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
You are not fully initiated into S650 ownership until you get this issue/error at least once.
Sponsored