• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 dead ?

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Just got back from hour drive, went to remote start and car wouldn’t start, got in car and every light is on dash ? Anyone else seen anything like this ? And won’t start,

S650 Mustang 2024 dead ? IMG_3073
Sponsored

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Sorry to hear this.
Seems to be the norm. Have you tried searching the forum before posting a new thread? It could be the battery. Call up ford/dealer immediately.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
sorry to hear as well- never fun when the toy doesnt start- especially a relatively new one
lots of thread in here on this- should hopefully be an easy fix

OP
OP
INSANEMUSTANG9

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I didn’t see anything besides dead battery’s on form, this was after a long drive. But put code scanner on and it said no codes, so unhooked the battery and hooked it back up and started right up. Just seeing if anyone else had this issue?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Just got back from hour drive, went to remote start and car wouldn’t start, got in car and every light is on dash ? Anyone else seen anything like this ? And won’t start,

IMG_3073.jpeg
It probably was a failed update. It had not happened to me on my mustang yet. But my camry had this happen twice and I had to take it to let the dealership update it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Oh snap!!!

S650 Mustang 2024 dead ? giphy

Just kidding its probably minor.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not that I have experienced this but knowing that this is a new platform (well, sort of), sounds like I need to/should keep a socket wrench in the trunk in case I need to disconnect the battery.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
No just negative then let it sit for 5 minutes and everything if fine, but until I did that car was not drivable.
Forced reboot - not a fan. Hopefully a one off and not a recurring issue. Although on the brighter side the more recurrent the ‘easier’ the find. random ground is the name of the most elusive of gremlins.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Question. And I apologize in advance as this may not be the right thread to ask this, but does disconnecting the battery reset the oil life monitor? I know in the past, disconnecting the battery causes the radio station presets to reset.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
but does disconnecting the battery reset the oil life monitor?
I don't think so. I haven't witnessed that after disconnecting and reconnecting on my S550. Ford understands some things need to be kept while maintenance is being accomplished. You can imagine if you have a fleet of vehicles, all of them resetting due to other maintenance.

I've never studied what the limit is on loss of battery, if there is one. Some have commented previously on things like 10R80 learning tables that are also saved and not zero'd out during a swap.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I don't think so. I haven't witnessed that after disconnecting and reconnecting on my S550. Ford understands some things need to be kept while maintenance is being accomplished. You can imagine if you have a fleet of vehicles, all of them resetting due to other maintenance.

I've never studied what the limit is on loss of battery, if there is one. Some have commented previously on things like 10R80 learning tables that are also saved and not zero'd out during a swap.
I believe most modern vehicles with all these computers need to be kept alive with 12 VDC while the main battery is being replaced. There are devices (Memory Savers) that are designed for this. They plug into the ODB II port,

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I believe most modern vehicles with all these computers need to be kept alive with 12 VDC while the main battery is being replaced.
Ford has what I consider three main computers: 1) Body Control Module A (interior), 2) Body Control Module B (trunk) and 3) Powertrain Control Module (Engine Bay).

Ford also has the GateWay Module, with interconnections the different Controller Area Networks within the car.

Each of the computers has Non-Volatile RAM internal to them. But what all is kept, all the features and settings, IDK. Being NVRAM, something stored should last a good while, if not close to indefinite. But yea, I'd like to know what all is kept. Some features I've read of, but I'm sure there are more still.

Someone with dealer experience, any modern model, whose programmed a unit before might provide additional details.
Sponsored