• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
yup another one of THE MANY REASONS why manufacturers MUST start selling direct to consumers.

seriously - is there anyone that likes dealerships 🤷‍♂️

Bad news, they’re not gonna let you opt out of that appearance protection lol. They’re gonna say “well we already applied it to the actual vehicle”
Sponsored

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
yup another one of THE MANY REASONS why manufacturers MUST start selling direct to consumers.

Hmm, I currently own a lexus, and park place is awesome to work with, bought a vehicle in 2021 with no markup or mandatory services, and bought one in 2022, same deal. Luxury dealerships are just fine. It’s the shitty automation dealerships and vandergriff for me

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi All!
New member here.
Had a 2021 GT, traded in last year for a Mach-E GT, it's fast as hell, but i miss the Mustang and it's sound.

So Yesterday i signed the order for a 2024, GT Premium with 401A, Performance package and active exhaust, in Yellow Splash Metallic.

They weren't sure if the order was being entered friday or if it'll be monday, but i'm eager to have some news!!!

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Hmm, I currently own a lexus, and park place is awesome to work with, bought a vehicle in 2021 with no markup or mandatory services, and bought one in 2022, same deal. Luxury dealerships are just fine. It’s the shitty automation dealerships and vandergriff for me
I would expect the same but I've had ver bad experiences with the lexus dealership in my town. I just traded in my Rx350 and glad to be done with them.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would expect the same but I've had ver bad experiences with the lexus dealership in my town. I just traded in my Rx350 and glad to be done with them.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I don’t expect it from Lexus. But hey, you can never be sure

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been debating on snagging a great deal on a 2023 or be one of the early birds for 2024. New is always better right? RIGHT?!!
I’ve thought the same thing with a 2023, they have them here for like 5-8k off MSRP, and that’s for premiums. But I know once I see a 24, I’m gonna want to trade it in

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

State of Mississippi just passed a law banning auto manufacturers from selling direct to consumer like the Tesla model. There is 1 Tesla "dealership"(?) in the state and it will be the only one like it for forever.

The excuse was we've always bought cars from a dealership. They just wanted to make it official. Pretty sure that's not capitalism. You keep dealerships open, but now (by law) consumers are required to go through a middle man vs allowing the manufacturers to compete for your business. Oh and I never heard any consumers pushing to protect the dealership model.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Bad news, they’re not gonna let you opt out of that appearance protection lol. They’re gonna say “well we already applied it to the actual vehicle”
That's remains to be seen. The two charges in question (totaling almost $1K) are 3-year warranties, and the fine print below indicates these protection packages were optional; before I signed on the bottom I thus wrote "Opted Out" next to each of them. The salesman agreed there is no obligation to buy those, right before he informed me there was no opting out of the dealer fee.

I have done that many times before (e.g. I have never paid for the dealer provided "scotchguard" treatment), but to your point this still remains a voluntary agreement between two parties. If the dealer feels like they have me over the barrel they could demand that I buy a jelly of the month subscription and take the owner's Grandma for a spin as a condition of selling me the car. That's a possibility since the DH is moving so well they may decide to sell it to someone else at a higher price. It's up to me to hold them to the deal or walk away. Here's crossing fingers.

Aside from the above-true story: my father's boss was always a Mercedes Benz loyal customer. One time he went to pick up his new hotness - an SL something - that he had custom ordered. When they brought the car around, he saw the dealer had installed one of those annoying dealer stickers on the trunk lid. Except this was no sticker, it was actually riveted. The old man went nuclear. "Who the [bleep] told you it was ok to [bleeping] deface my [bleeping] car!..." He told the dealer to take that placard - and the car - stick it, twist it, and break it off. Lawyers got involved. To make it short, he got another, pristine, identical vehicle from MB at a deep discount. He later switched over to Jaguar.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
I HATE FUCKING DEALERS …!!!🤬🤬🤬

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's remains to be seen. The two charges in question (totaling almost $1K) are 3-year warranties, and the fine print below indicates these protection packages were optional; before I signed on the bottom I thus wrote "Opted Out" next to each of them. The salesman agreed there is no obligation to buy those, right before he informed me there was no opting out of the dealer fee.

I have done that many times before (e.g. I have never paid for the dealer provided "scotchguard" treatment), but to your point this still remains a voluntary agreement between two parties. If the dealer feels like they have me over the barrel they could demand that I buy a jelly of the month subscription and take the owner's Grandma for a spin as a condition of selling me the car. That's a possibility since the DH is moving so well they may decide to sell it to someone else at a higher price. It's up to me to hold them to the deal or walk away. Here's crossing fingers.

Aside from the above-true story: my father's boss was always a Mercedes Benz loyal customer. One time he went to pick up his new hotness - an SL something - that he had custom ordered. When they brought the car around, he saw the dealer had installed one of those annoying dealer stickers on the trunk lid. Except this was no sticker, it was actually riveted. The old man went nuclear. "Who the [bleep] told you it was ok to [bleeping] deface my [bleeping] car!..." He told the dealer to take that placard - and the car - stick it, twist it, and break it off. Lawyers got involved. To make it short, he got another, pristine, identical vehicle from MB at a deep discount. He later switched over to Jaguar.
You realize that at the bottom of that paper is states “this is not a invoice” so they can very well screw you over. Not saying that they will but beware, because that’s not a legal binding document

Cajun Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, Shadow Black, AT, 700A, AP
Has anyone else seen the jump in base price of the DH on Fords website? Is this really going to push the price for everyone who's ordered and waiting on a car up several thousand dollars?

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Has anyone else seen the jump in base price of the DH on Fords website? Is this really going to push the price for everyone who's ordered and waiting on a car up several thousand dollars?
Yup, saw it yesterday. Still a grand or two when your pushing 70k, meh, not really going to deter me from following thru with my 700A
Sponsored