• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
LIKE THIS? THIS WAS MY 2023 RENTAL BMW
IMG_8945.jpeg
We're just a decade or so away from people saying, "Oh my, remember how bad those tacked on screens were in the early 2020s? What were those 'designers' thinking???"

Love the screens or hate them, I don't think designs like this will age well. Even if you want big screens, I can't imagine you'd want *that*.
Sponsored

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
It has everything to do with it. Steering in itself is a simple mechanical process, but the feel comes from the response the car gives with the input of this outside process. The Magneride provides the ability to instantaneously give optimum stability and support through the chassis, which will make the steering feel easier compared to a standard shocks and springs set up.
I didn't notice any steering feel difference between S550 magneride vs. standard suspension, and so I doubt it has any notable effect on steering feel in the S650.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
If you were to watch a majority of the other journalists, you can easily get the feeling that the screens dont cause any harm at all. No visual interception, distractions, etc... Its 2023.. Technology is the move now and those 2 screens are going to be the norm everywhere in a year or so. I have no idea why people hate on a brand new car having advanced technology in it...
more of "integration" rather than function. as stated in other threads i like the nostalgic look of the dash.... it says "mustang" but this just says "tesla" to me, so meh.
one day we will not be driving as someone said, and maybe i will be too old to drive myself but till then please keep the nostalgia in. other companies do a fine job of integrating, but to me it just shows lack of creativity and they just settled on a shelf with tablets.

i like throttle house, they are funny. the tablets taped was very satire.... fact of pointing out how they felt about the screens.... and maybe some of the "look" but they couldn't really say it....

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I never liked BMW interiors but damn that interior is freaking horrid!
The digital dash options were horrible. The entertainment screen was not too bad. the car was overall very comfortable and the seats, although lacking cooling feature, were fantastic. RIDE WAS GREAT. It got fantastic gas mileage. it was performance wise too bland for me even though for a 2.0L Turbo it did pretty well. A few more options and it would be a great daily driver for my girlfriend..... not enough power for me. Thats why my Scatpack Charger and the 2024 Mustang will be in my garage.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
All the complaining about the screens tells me people don’t realize what’s about to happen.

the screens will need to be like TV/stream entertainment… because YOU ARE NOT GONG TO BE DRIVING THE CAR much longer.

mark my words… the steering wheels days are numbered.
Please. We are a few decades away from everything on the road more or less being electric, much less everything being self-driving.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Watch from around 7 mins 40 seconds
I’m pretty sure he’s wrong. Firstly, the screen reflects light like glass, not plastic. Secondly, if it were plastic it’d be scratched up within a few months. Plastic is softer than your finger nails meaning if you accidentally hit the screen you’re causing permanent damage. Plastic can also easily scratch if you wipe it with a microfiber. If Ford actually made them plastic then that’s a huge misstep.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I’m pretty sure he’s wrong. Firstly, the screen reflects light like glass, not plastic. Secondly, if it were plastic it’d be scratched up within a few months. Plastic is softer than your finger nails meaning if you accidentally hit the screen you’re causing permanent damage. Plastic can also easily scratch if you wipe it with a microfiber. If Ford actually made them plastic then that’s a huge misstep.
Yeah let's hope not. I was surprised when I saw this video as well

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Tom with Throttle House confirmed my worst fears. Literally everything he said, I was concerned about. The GT’s steering has always been bad, and now they’ve overboosted it. I ran my GT in comfort mode because “sport” was comically wooden and artificial. It’s not just the absolute resistance levels that are bad, it’s the complete lack of dynamic loading and absence of natural variability. Idk if it has to do with the EPAS motor, the steering rack, or the suspension geometry, but they’ve only gotten this right in the Shelby and Mach.

Sounds like that rules it out and leaves the DH or a future variant all I’d be interested in.
For the price of the 2024 GT, would have liked to see them bring at least the PP, if not all the GTs , up to Mach 1 steering/handling levels.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I test drove an S550 and man the steering was so much worse than my Model Y. In the Model Y I only have to do a quarter turn to make the car go hard left/right. In the S550 I had turn the wheel more than half, almost a full circle to make a left/right turn. I hope the S650 isn't as bad.
But that is not steering feel. That is simply the ratio for the rack.

Steering feel is the feedback you get back through the rim of the steering wheel from the road surface and the interaction between the front tyres and the road. You can have lots of feel with a low geared setup and vice versa.

If you want to experience real steering feel drive a Lotus (of any sort) - the wheel is alive in your hands!

Overly direct steering - say below 2 turns lock to lock can make the car very twitchy. Drive a Fiesta ST (2 turns lock to lock) if you want to experience direct steering. It doesn't make for a relaxing drive.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
gregs24,
im not to experienced in the steering feel but can you explain the power steering feel compared to a Non-powered steering (as i have in the 66), where i have to crank the steering wheel really hard if the car is sitting.... how will that compare. i also have a boss 302 and use the "sport" setting with track key. i want to know if what im feeling is what your talking about.
in both it seems i feel a dime when i run over it, i know that also could be the shocks/springs but you pretty much feel everything in the 66 when you turn the steering wheel....

thanks

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
gregs24,
im not to experienced in the steering feel but can you explain the power steering feel compared to a Non-powered steering (as i have in the 66), where i have to crank the steering wheel really hard if the car is sitting.... how will that compare. i also have a boss 302 and use the "sport" setting with track key. i want to know if what im feeling is what your talking about.
in both it seems i feel a dime when i run over it, i know that also could be the shocks/springs but you pretty much feel everything in the 66 when you turn the steering wheel....

thanks
If you have a 2019 Ford Edge you will know how PAS compares to non-PAS

With good steering feel you feel the road surface through the steering wheel as well as the grip / side slip on the tyres. Feeling a dime as you drive over it is exactly what steering feel is. With a poor over assisted setup it is more like a game wheel!

Lotus Emira review. Driving Tour & Sport versions of Emira back to back but which is best? - YouTube

Skip to around 14.30 on the above video to see how good steering feel acts on the steering wheel. This is not torque steer (it is rear wheel drive) it isn't tramlining, it is the steering sending loads of information back to the driver. The car runs straight and true.

winndicksy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Surbaru WRX Wagon
I'm new to the mustang world but is caster adjustable? That will give you a quicker steer centering and may give the effect of "feel" these guys are wanting. It also should help with turn in as an added benefit. I haven't really felt a modern car with epas have great feel of the actual load you're putting on the tire. You just have to feel that with your you know what.
Sponsored