• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
To be fair- all of them actually say it's an improvement.
I think that's the general consensus regarding the steering rack itself being 'faster' vs. S550.

I'm not sure lack of feedback, or those who barely mention it, is actually a reason to question their reviewing credibility.
It's a flaw that most owners recognize with the S550. No surprise it carries over to the S650 in some form. Therefore, any 'reviewer' who doesn't comment on such a flaw either isn't picking up on the steering feel being subpar or doesn't feel it's worth critiquing for whatever reason, both cases putting their credibility in the trash. We're all adults here, right? I want to hear the good and the bad.

Also, I can't see how optioning magneride has any bearing on steering feel.
Sponsored

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
https://autorecent.com/2023/07/24/2...n-gp-james-bonds-aston-martin-todays-car-news

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
I think that's the general consensus regarding the steering rack itself being 'faster' vs. S550.

It's a flaw that most owners recognize with the S550. No surprise it carries over to the S650 in some form. Therefore, any 'reviewer' who doesn't comment on such a flaw either isn't picking up on the steering feel being subpar or doesn't feel it's worth critiquing for whatever reason, both cases putting their credibility in the trash. We're all adults here, right? I want to hear the good and the bad.

Also, I can't see how optioning magneride has any bearing on steering feel.
Interesting stance. Agree to disagree.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
So sad that the GT can't get the TREMEC tranny as an option. Looks like The MT82 has not changed much since 2011 year. So the only good Mustang GT is the DH that is limited in production and ads 15k to 20k to the MSRP. Ford know that it is the only game in town now that competition from Camaro and Challenger is going "bye bye" so dealers can charge what ever price for the vehicle.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
Could Ford tweek the steering feeling via over the air updates? Just a thought.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Or a software update.

Looks like the only consistent complaint was light steering, personally, I always kept it normal steering mode anyways so if anything I'll just keep it in sport/track

If you must increase steering feel, all you need is wider front tires

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I test drove an S550 and man the steering was so much worse than my Model Y. In the Model Y I only have to do a quarter turn to make the car go hard left/right. In the S550 I had turn the wheel more than half, almost a full circle to make a left/right turn. I hope the S650 isn't as bad.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The really interesting thing I’ve seen from most of these reviews are
1) a lot of the people really can’t tell the added 20hp over last gen, this tells me either it’ll be a peaky engine up top thing boss 302 vs a regular coyote
2) that everyone has talked about how flat the torque curve is vs last gen, and that it only falls off up

Man i really wanna see some Dyno data

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Dark Horse embargo is August 1 per Mike Levine for anyone interested.

It’ll be interesting if people can’t actually feel a major difference vs gt power wise thus far most of the reviews haven’t been overwhelmed with the new gen 4. I don’t mean that in a bad way but they’re going holy crap like they did when the gen 3s came out

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
What exactly is a no-lift-shift.? I was reading over the Motor Trend Article and it mentions it.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I haven’t heard anyone talk about the brakes, which are now brake-by-wire. Maybe no news is good news, because I liked the feel of my Mustang’s brakes.
I think it might have been Car and Driver or Motortrend article, but I remember seeing/reading somewhere that the breaks were a little touchy for low speed. Like not as easy to modulate smoothly in stop and go or creeping type situations. That could just be something you have to get a feel for

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
The really interesting thing I’ve seen from most of these reviews are
1) a lot of the people really can’t tell the added 20hp over last gen, this tells me either it’ll be a peaky engine up top thing boss 302 vs a regular coyote
2) that everyone has talked about how flat the torque curve is vs last gen, and that it only falls off up

Man i really wanna see some Dyno data
The car weighs more so it’s probably almost the same power to weight ratio.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
After watching the Throttle House review, you can see from just the video how loose the steering is.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This took me by surprise. The steering actually stays very light in every single mode? Even in Track mode you don't get any resistence in the steering wheel to feel what happens on the front tires. WTF Ford?
Tom with Throttle House confirmed my worst fears. Literally everything he said, I was concerned about. The GT’s steering has always been bad, and now they’ve overboosted it. I ran my GT in comfort mode because “sport” was comically wooden and artificial. It’s not just the absolute resistance levels that are bad, it’s the complete lack of dynamic loading and absence of natural variability. Idk if it has to do with the EPAS motor, the steering rack, or the suspension geometry, but they’ve only gotten this right in the Shelby and Mach.

Sounds like that rules it out and leaves the DH or a future variant all I’d be interested in.
Sponsored