• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
not sure i have to watch all of them but throttle house hit the head on the nail with (what i feel) is the biggest complaint.... SCREENS, SCREENS, SCREENS! as they say "gamified" it.
"looks" like a pretty "focused" focus group was used....and nothing else.
p.s. everything else about the car i like....and the ONLY reason i will not buy is stated above.....

1690475333590.png
Why are you here then.
Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's not as though his entire business is hitched to being an approved aftermarket company for this locked-down vehicle. No, no. He's totally honest. Maybe smiling ear to ear knowing he's about to make bank on this thing.

I kind of agree with @Desmodeous. Aftermarket companies don't make money if people don't buy the car in the first place.
You guys are hilarious.

A). Its not 'my' company/business- I'm a salaried employee, just another cog in the wheel. (For the record AM is one of three sites owned by our Parent company, Turn5. American Trucks and Extreme Terrain are our bigger sites and AM is the smaller of the bunch, for what its worth.)

B). I'm a Neanderthal- I get in a new car that I'm excited about, flog the piss out of it on some of the best driving roads I've personally been on = me smiling. No more, no less.

People buying/not buying the car has absolutely ZERO correlation with my bank account going up or down. But it is the internet, so believe whatever narrative makes you happy I guess. :thumbsup:

Ken Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/ 2016 Subaru WRX STI
not sure i have to watch all of them but throttle house hit the head on the nail with (what i feel) is the biggest complaint.... SCREENS, SCREENS, SCREENS! as they say "gamified" it.
"looks" like a pretty "focused" focus group was used....and nothing else.
p.s. everything else about the car i like....and the ONLY reason i will not buy is stated above.....

1690475333590.png
If you were to watch a majority of the other journalists, you can easily get the feeling that the screens dont cause any harm at all. No visual interception, distractions, etc... Its 2023.. Technology is the move now and those 2 screens are going to be the norm everywhere in a year or so. I have no idea why people hate on a brand new car having advanced technology in it...

Last edited:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
If you were to watch a majority of the other journalists, you can easily get the feeling that the screens dont cause any harm at all. No visual interception, distractions, etc... Its 2024... Technology is the move now and those 2 screens are going to be the norm everywhere in a year or so. I have no idea why people hate on a brand new car having advanced technology in it...
Throttle House always memes. They just pick out the lowest hanging fruit. I love the screens and hated the S550 interior.

Ken Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/ 2016 Subaru WRX STI
Throttle House always memes. They just pick out the lowest hanging fruit. I love the screens and hated the S550 interior.
The interior and the screens are a huge reason why im sticking with my '24 GT. I could go GT350 route but having the performance/technology and gimmicks its wayy worth the wait

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Appreciate you chiming in, it sounds like you were also addressing some of the points I made regarding the validity of opinions and degree of criticism in these reviews.

Couple of direct questions about the steering if you don’t mind please:

Did they fix the ergos of the 9 and 3 grip? Was not a fan of the S550’s chunkiness that forced your hands into a Pac-Man C-clamp grip.

Do you feel like the shortened ratio was genuinely noticeable? Overall or mainly on turn in?

Did the steering load feel artificial and static, similar to the S550 GT’s? That was one of my main gripes (coupled with the S550’s lack of tightness, it led to a ton of mid-corner corrections, even on wide highway curves just to maintain a line).

I don’t mind light steering. I prefer it to fake “sport” settings which are artificially heavy (like in the standard S550s sport setting which just made things heavy for the sake of it). My concern is that the loads feel gummy, wooden, and non-linear. That’s what Thomas seemed to be expanding on in his review.

The summary I’m getting is that this sounds like prototypical post-EPAS era modern steering: accurate on-center, light in feel, refined from NVH and bump deflection to give the sense of refinement and perceived solidity. You know, like the steering in most modern German cars.
I'll reply to the best of my ability- some of your questions imply you probably have a larger vocabulary and inventory of experience when it comes to vehicle dynamics but I digress..

-The new wheel and larger grip pads at 10-2 inherently move your hands up to that position (10-2). Although when driving the Auto, I felt more at home at 9-3 with the paddles, and that feel hasn't really changed in regards to 'girth'. I have rather large hands so that never bothered me much. I really enjoyed the revised wheel from a feel standpoint. In fact getting back into my s550 after the trip home made me realize just how puny the factory wheel feels in that gen, comparatively.

-Yes, I genuinely felt the ratio difference was noticeable. The inputs from turn-in to dodging man hole covers took less effort overall.

-The overall steering feel felt consistent and tight, improved over the s550 but not unlike other EPAS vehicles including previous gen mustangs. My dance card of vehicles driven isn't nearly as diverse or long as other reviewers so I can only comment on my experience and my feel, which I'll be honest, is probably on par with most casual enthusiasts.

I will say, in regards to Thomas' comments with not having the confidence to push the car based on not feeling what the front tires were doing. The only time I felt that was in the eco at the autocross portion when coming to a hairpin(s). I felt that I was carrying enough speed to navigate the turn without much drama but quickly found myself in heavy understeer situations, blowing the turn rather severely. I wonder if given the opportunity to do that with the GT on the same track setup, if it would be better given the weight and added section width up front or if it would feel similar.

Unfortunately I never got that aggressive on Angelas Crest to the point of really pushing the car up to or beyond its limits for obvious reasons- its a press car/drive and we're not out there to set lap times or endanger ourselves or the cars (plus we saw a few nasty wrecks while on the drive). So because of that I can't really make a final determination if it is as severe as what Thomas was getting at- I understand what he was saying (and felt it on a track setting with an ECO) but at no point on my rather 'spirited' GT drive did I ever feel not in control or not connected with the car to the point of concern.

And I agree 100% with your final paragraph.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
A). Its not 'my' company/business- I'm a salaried employee, just another cog in the wheel. (For the record AM is one of three sites owned by our Parent company, Turn5. American Trucks and Extreme Terrain are our bigger sites and AM is the smaller of the bunch, for what its worth.)
I really wasn't replying about anyone or any business in specific, but I love AM. I also know employees are employees even when they aren't on the clock, but especially when they are.

B). I'm a Neanderthal- I get in a new car that I'm excited about, flog the piss out of it on some of the best driving roads I've personally been on = me smiling. No more, no less.
If you read the rest of my message, I indicated that was exactly the consistent experience of many different reviews, including competitive reviews. I agree that's what the Mustang does for people. 😊

People buying/not buying the car has absolutely ZERO correlation with my bank account going up or down. But it is the internet, so believe whatever narrative makes you happy I guess. :thumbsup:
Are you saying that you'd still get a paycheck if your company didn't have any business? Or do you just not see how you add value to the bottom line?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'll reply to the best of my ability- some of your questions imply you probably have a larger vocabulary and inventory of experience when it comes to vehicle dynamics but I digress..

-The new wheel and larger grip pads at 10-2 inherently move your hands up to that position (10-2). Although when driving the Auto, I felt more at home at 9-3 with the paddles, and that feel hasn't really changed in regards to 'girth'. I have rather large hands so that never bothered me much. I really enjoyed the revised wheel from a feel standpoint. In fact getting back into my s550 after the trip home made me realize just how puny the factory wheel feels in that gen, comparatively.

-Yes, I genuinely felt the ratio difference was noticeable. The inputs from turn-in to dodging man hole covers took less effort overall.

-The overall steering feel felt consistent and tight, improved over the s550 but not unlike other EPAS vehicles including previous gen mustangs. My dance card of vehicles driven isn't nearly as diverse or long as other reviewers so I can only comment on my experience and my feel, which I'll be honest, is probably on par with most casual enthusiasts.

I will say, in regards to Thomas' comments with not having the confidence to push the car based on not feeling what the front tires were doing. The only time I felt that was in the eco at the autocross portion when coming to a hairpin(s). I felt that I was carrying enough speed to navigate the turn without much drama but quickly found myself in heavy understeer situations, blowing the turn rather severely. I wonder if given the opportunity to do that with the GT on the same track setup, if it would be better given the weight and added section width up front or if it would feel similar.

Unfortunately I never got that aggressive on Angelas Crest to the point of really pushing the car up to or beyond its limits for obvious reasons- its a press car/drive and we're not out there to set lap times or endanger ourselves or the cars (plus we saw a few nasty wrecks while on the drive). So because of that I can't really make a final determination if it is as severe as what Thomas was getting at- I understand what he was saying (and felt it on a track setting with an ECO) but at no point on my rather 'spirited' GT drive did I ever feel not in control or not connected with the car to the point of concern.

And I agree 100% with your final paragraph.
I really appreciate you taking the time to write out such a thorough response. If I get an S650 I’ll be sure to support you guys at AM. Thanks for being involved like this.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I really wasn't replying about anyone or any business in specific, but I love AM. I also know employees are employees even when they aren't on the clock, but especially when they are.

If you read the rest of my message, I indicated that was exactly the consistent experience of many different reviews, including competitive reviews. I agree that's what the Mustang does for people. 😊

Are you saying that you'd still get a paycheck if your company didn't have any business? Or do you just not see how you add value to the bottom line?
Most of my response was aimed at what Desmodeous said, you just happened to agree with it.

The idea of me going into these drives with the notion that the success of our business depends on me giving a favorable review is laughable and frankly a bit absurd. Again, you're free to think what you want but I assure you that me enjoying or not enjoying a new car will not make or break our business, nor have will it have any direct impact on the future of the Mustang... But I am flattered that you give me that much credit. :blush:

As I've state earlier in the thread, our product videos and use case videos drive far more business than any singular car review and its not even remotely close. That is where I add the most value, in the eyes of our owners. I'm not dumb, I know I am an extremely valuable asset to Turn5, otherwise I wouldn't be here after 12+ years, making a decent living talking car parts.

Ultimately my ham-fisted, shit eating grin S650 driving impression isn't going to encourage the 17 year old kid down the street to add long tubes to his SN95, lift his F150 or put window louvers on his s197. The reviews are just a fun break from the normal day to day routine and to add a little content to the channel. No more, no less. :like:

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I really appreciate you taking the time to write out such a thorough response. If I get an S650 I’ll be sure to support you guys at AM. Thanks for being involved like this.
My pleasure man, I'm sorry that I can't be more descriptive or eloquent with regards to the steering stuff. The reality is we had such limited seat time and I'm so worried about getting everything for the video that its easy to gloss over or forget specifics- plus I'm admittedly just not that well versed on the subtle nuances that go along with it.

But I appreciate the kind words and the possible business.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I feel personally attacked for my rear window louvers I have on my S197 that I bought off AM. 🙃

For real though I think people are seriously overreacting here when it comes to reviews, most of these people making the videos have jobs outside of reviewing the Ford Mustang, and as TH has shown with their hate of Ferrari, talking shit on a car you're reviewing vs buttering up to the OEMs doesn't really matter. that's not going to suddenly make it so you can't review these cars anymore.

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I’d be more inclined to listen to someone who’s driven hundreds of other cars than someone who’s focused on the singular.
I take the completely opposite view. In fact, there are many products I love (including my other car and motorcycle) where I don't see issues that people who drive hundreds of vehicles for a living do.

My winter "beater" is the 2013 Audi A6 3.0T. The biggest criticism reviewers had of that car? The "disconnected and numb steering". The number of times I had that complaint on my own: zero!

I am not jumping from a Ferrari to an Aston Martin to M5 competition every other day. I have 2-3 vehicles that I drive for long periods of time. I enjoy learning about their quirks and that's what makes it fun. No car is "perfect".

Many people who drove the Mustang actually found the steering to be an improvement. That's not to say "everyone" should find it better, but that's because people are looking for different things.

As far as Thomas' comment about the steering, I can say with full confidence that there are a tiny fraction of people who'll push the GT to the limit where they'll notice it. It seems like Thomas is one of them. You might be too, but if you were then you likely already had the deposit down on a Dark Horse or own a Mach-1 because the GT isn't designed for you. IT's designed for casual enthusiasts who ocassionally take it to canyons and rarely on the track (if ever) where their skill is no where close to pushing the car to its limits.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It's honestly even more confusing cause the outgoing S550 already has 2 screens 🤡🤡
All they did was make them bigger and remove an unnecessary bezel and somehow the inside is "gameified"

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Most of my response was aimed at what Desmodeous said, you just happened to agree with it.

The idea of me going into these drives with the notion that the success of our business depends on me giving a favorable review is laughable and frankly a bit absurd. Again, you're free to think what you want but I assure you that me enjoying or not enjoying a new car will not make or break our business, nor have will it have any direct impact on the future of the Mustang... But I am flattered that you give me that much credit. :blush:

As I've state earlier in the thread, our product videos and use case videos drive far more business than any singular car review and its not even remotely close. That is where I add the most value, in the eyes of our owners. I'm not dumb, I know I am an extremely valuable asset to Turn5, otherwise I wouldn't be here after 12+ years, making a decent living talking car parts.

Ultimately my ham-fisted, shit eating grin S650 driving impression isn't going to encourage the 17 year old kid down the street to add long tubes to his SN95, lift his F150 or put window louvers on his s197. The reviews are just a fun break from the normal day to day routine and to add a little content to the channel. No more, no less. :like:
Yes, my agreement was on principle only. Certainly nothing personal. Likewise, I'm not giving you the credit you're assuming, but I'm also not so naive to think these video reviews were purely altruistic. Internet or not, I doubt most people will fall for that. 😉
Sponsored