• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Have you watched any of the reviewers and paid attention to the steering wheel while they were driving? You can see just how loose the wheel is as the its is literally wiggling while they're driving straight. Throttle House shows this pretty well:

For reference, if I were to wiggle the wheel as much as the reviewers did in my MY Performance, the car would jerk left/right.
The car DOES jerk left and right, i think his complaint that it is too easy/light to do this, not that the steering is loose. In other words, it is not heavy enough and does not give feedback through the steering wheel.
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The car DOES jerk left and right, i think his complaint that it is too easy/light to do this, not that the steering is loose. In other words, it is not heavy enough and give feedback through the steering wheel.
Yeah that's a better way of saying it. Hoping it's not as bad as the reviewers are saying.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The best part of these articles/videos are the public comments at the bottom.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I think it's important to remember these guys get paid to have complaints about the car, even if little.
Minimal steering feel doesn't really seem like a big issue considering they changed so much. Everyone seemed to have positive reviews except ThrottleHouse which took a rather negative ton on the whole thing.

I for one, cannot imagine complaining about a car I haven't even sat in and drove. Looking forward to delivery even more right now.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I agree with everything you said and do value the opinion of the other reviewers who have driven tons of cars over him. My main point was he liked how it felt and never said it was worse than his s550.

I think a lot of people were expecting supercar level steering and when the guys who drive supercars for a living said they were disappointed people took it as horrible news where in reality it's not that bleak.

I know I'll be happy with mine and hope you're happy with yours šŸ‘
I hear you. It was my biggest gripe with my GT so Iā€™ve been harboring some unrealistic hopes and expectations. You make a good point.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The best part of these articles/videos are the public comments at the bottom.
Stop. Those are always a clown show on any new car

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I think it's important to remember these guys get paid to have complaints about the car, even if little.
Minimal steering feel doesn't really seem like a big issue considering they changed so much. Everyone seemed to have positive reviews except ThrottleHouse which took a rather negative ton on the whole thing.

I for one, cannot imagine complaining about a car I haven't even sat in and drove. Looking forward to delivery even more right now.
They definitely do not get paid to dole out criticism

If anything, independent channels remain cautious about negative commentary because theyā€™re afraid of being cut off from journalistic access

The well established channels arenā€™t as worried about that. Thatā€™s why itā€™s frustrating to listen to up and coming small YouTubers that do nothing but act like hyperbolic salesmen regurgitating press brochures

VERY few cars are immune to criticism

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
For comparison....the Throttle House review on the GT350

Ford Shelby GT350R Quick Review // One Of The All-Time Greats - YouTube

They call the steering great.....so thats what makes me crazy....Ford has the capability......so why not....I mean at this point say if the MSRP is 1000 more for the different pieces needed.....but the steering is greatly improved....I would say that would be a home run .......

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Dumb questions... are the screens meant to have a plain black background, or some outer space effect?

I know it's warm and dusty when they're driving these, but aside from the finger prints, that's a lot of speckles on the screens. (And there's probably dust on the front element of the camera lens too).

Screen1.JPG

šŸ¤¢

Screen2.JPG

I recall one EcoBoost reviewer said the screen surface is actually a plastic.
Ford all along have said "glass".

So which is it?
Real glass or some plastic like acrylic?

hero-original-glass-cleaner-front-2x.png

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
After watching all of the videos I think Auto Buyers Guide had the best breakdown on the exhaust. It's about 5 minutes in. Also listening on surround sound at home is going to sound quite a bit better and more accurate than your laptop or phone.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Dumb questions... are the screens meant to have a plain black background, or some outer space effect?

I know it's warm and dusty when they're driving these, but aside from the finger prints, that's a lot of speckles on the screens. (And there's probably dust on the front element of the camera lens too).

Screen1.JPG

šŸ¤¢

Screen2.JPG

I recall one EcoBoost reviewer said the screen surface is actually a plastic.
Ford all along have said "glass".

So which is it?
Real glass or some plastic like acrylic?

hero-original-glass-cleaner-front-2x.png
It's gotta be glass.. no way they put a plastic screen on a $50k vehicle

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It seems strange that the changes to the steering have not resulted in positive reactions from reviewers.

If you've watched any of the new Aston DB12 videos, they made similar changes. A quicker rack, and removed the rubber isolators from the steering column. The steering in that car has had nothing but brilliant reviews (as has the rest of the car!).

It seems Ford made similar changes, yet the results are disappointing.

Chances of Ford making updates? Slim I'd suggest, but lets hope they do. It'd be good to get a back to back review with and S550 GT or Mach 1.......and it'll be interesting to see if the Dark Horse is also criticised.
I posted on TheDrive article comments asking the author to make that exact comparison and he said he would. He pretty recently reviewed the Mach 1
Sponsored