• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I would like to see a Cup2 camaro ss1le auto vs Mach 1 auto same day comparison
followed by a quick change to GY Supercar 3R's for an even better lap time and driving experience. :)
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I would like to see a Cup2 camaro ss1le auto vs Mach 1 auto same day comparison. I am not sure why Ford never allowed it. Same situation happened with the GT350TP. We never saw one. Randy Pobst did one but the camaro ss 1le was a manual had many miles on it and the brakes were shot. Even with that handicap on the camaro the Mach 1 was only 0.4 seconds faster through the whole lap. Maybe Throttle House might do it in the future, who knows.
You mean the guys who cross-arm drive corners, accelerating going into the corner and then argue that a car understeers? ThrottleHouse is entertainment, they have absolutely shitty driving techniques. Fun fact: That the C8 understeering was a preproduction issue, that magazines in handons reported to GM and in some old articles. But GM fixed that before launch, the production C8 never had an understeer problem (unless you drive really shitty with no idea how get the nose down to corner fast, but then it's not the car just your poor skillset).
Drove the C8 a whole day on a ractrack training with tons of different exercises like slalom, track and even being passenger when Oliver Gavin did Hotlaps. No understeering at all. Back to my point: TH is just telling crap for views if they can. Don't rely on their tracktimes, they are amateurish at best.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT (7th gen) vs. 2023 Camaro SS (6th gen) -- Specs Comparison 1667083059334

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
You mean the guys who cross-arm drive corners, accelerating going into the corner and then argue that a car understeers? ThrottleHouse is entertainment, they have absolutely shitty driving techniques. Fun fact: That the C8 understeering was a preproduction issue, that magazines in handons reported to GM and in some old articles. But GM fixed that before launch, the production C8 never had an understeer problem (unless you drive really shitty with no idea how get the nose down to corner fast, but then it's not the car just your poor skillset).
Drove the C8 a whole day on a ractrack training with tons of different exercises like slalom, track and even being passenger when Oliver Gavin did Hotlaps. No understeering at all. Back to my point: TH is just telling crap for views if they can. Don't rely on their tracktimes, they are amateurish at best.
1667083059334.png
This is a picture of James, who's credentials consist of being your typical car enthusiast.

Thomas is literally a track instructor by profession.

Don't be hating on my favorite automotive pair. >:(

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
1667083059334.png
In a second video of the C8, a blue one if I recall, Thomas said it was one of the best handling cars he's ever driven. The first C8 they drove (probably a pre-production one) had the understeer problem. The production version they drove in track alignment, they liked very much.

And as stated above, James isn't a track or race car driver. Thomas instructs and races and is the one who sets the lap times.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
GM, Chevrolet, Team Camaro and Camaro5/6 were PISSED thePill broke the 7th Gen Camaro and 6th Gen z28 Cancellation story “waaaaaaaaaay too early”

thePill was completely cancelled in GM-Land for it too…

Why???? If the information was true why not allowed thePill to mobilize the fan base and potentially save the brand? Chevy canceled CamaroFest 2016 and it forced a private Fest in which your employees spoke openly about the end of the Camaro.

So dumb…

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
GM, Chevrolet, Team Camaro and Camaro5/6 were PISSED thePill broke the 7th Gen Camaro and 6th Gen z28 Cancellation story “waaaaaaaaaay too early”

thePill was completely cancelled in GM-Land for it too…

Why???? If the information was true why not allowed thePill to mobilize the fan base and potentially save the brand? Chevy canceled CamaroFest 2016 and it forced a private Fest in which your employees spoke openly about the end of the Camaro.

So dumb…
TF?!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
…there won’t be a 2024 Camaro to compete with the S650 2024-2026 Mustang. The fan base had more than enough time to be open about the product and possibly drum up support.

If thePill was permitted to break the story proper without restriction, we may have had enough time to get a social media campaign going. It was stupid to restrict the information about the 7th Gen Camaro and 6th Gen z28 being cancelled.

In fact, to be totally honest, if the Z/28 Cancelation went live and the fans were informed, we would have witnessed a fan base rebellion. At the time M6G/C6 was an extremely rabid environment and it there would have been a revolt on that news alone…

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
At the time M6G/C6 was an extremely rabid environment and it there would have been a revolt on that news alone…
methinks d'Pill overestimates the number who care but more importantly that HQ/Sales/Marketing gives a damn.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The Ford engineers continued to improve the Mustang handling of the SRA as the years went buy. I would expect the Ford engineers to continually improve the handling of the IRS in the 2024 Mustang. As you recall the Ford engineers were excited to have a IRS to work with to show they can make a Mustang handle really well. The Ford engineers will get the job done.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
The Ford engineers continued to improve the Mustang handling of the SRA as the years went buy. I would expect the Ford engineers to continually improve the handling of the IRS in the 2024 Mustang. As you recall the Ford engineers were excited to have a IRS to work with to show they can make a Mustang handle really well. The Ford engineers will get the job done.
Thank you, I am going to add to that. During the 2010 refresh of the s197, the gt got the chassis previously used by the Bullitt, and I think the v6 got the gt's chassis too.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Ford needs to improve magride quite a bit to be on par with chevys

the 1le had a configurable elsd (not just steering, traction control,stiffness of shocks)
even now the 1le in myopinion is a better performance car than a mach1 HP.
the problem is the interior is outdated. The aftermarket support is the same ol stuff. Chevys dealerships are absolute trash. Ford isn't great either. I basically had the same issues with ford dealers as Chevys but it's unanimous to just keep your car out of the service department as much as possible.
In fact that's what made me go to a Camaro. I'm glad I did. But in the end the Camaro is getting stale. No updates no major anything. It's sad honestly and I can say that's my last GM car ever.
The mustang though lacking in some performance aspects has more character. Better marketing. Maybe even more gimmicks if you want to use that word but it adds to the experience. Both or a toss up I'm happy to have owned both in my life. Wish the Camaro moved forward though. It's a shame.

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
1LE comes with mag ride & dual mode exhaust. Mustang charges about $3k extra on top of PP for mag ride & exhaust

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Ford needs to improve magride quite a bit to be on par with chevys

the 1le had a configurable elsd (not just steering, traction control,stiffness of shocks)
even now the 1le in myopinion is a better performance car than a mach1 HP.
the problem is the interior is outdated. The aftermarket support is the same ol stuff. Chevys dealerships are absolute trash. Ford isn't great either. I basically had the same issues with ford dealers as Chevys but it's unanimous to just keep your car out of the service department as much as possible.
In fact that's what made me go to a Camaro. I'm glad I did. But in the end the Camaro is getting stale. No updates no major anything. It's sad honestly and I can say that's my last GM car ever.
The mustang though lacking in some performance aspects has more character. Better marketing. Maybe even more gimmicks if you want to use that word but it adds to the experience. Both or a toss up I'm happy to have owned both in my life. Wish the Camaro moved forward though. It's a shame.
Have you thought about picking up a used ZL1? Low mile, 1-2 Year old ZL1s will likely be cheaper than a DH HP.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Have you thought about picking up a used ZL1? Low mile, 1-2 Year old ZL1s will likely be cheaper than a DH HP.
Actually yeah I had one on order that came in. I've had two SS 1le though and have driven zl1s which is basically a faster 1le. It felt the same to me and just want a change. Zl1 is a great car though.
Sponsored