• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 22 2ss1le
Note I mentioned IF you’re ok spending 6K and completely going into the LT1 for heads/cam work. That’s a big if because A lot of people aren’t. Good point of first year production issues. I’m glad I held off on tbe 350s until they made the track pack standard after learning the hard way the tech pack wasn’t cutting it. 😂 I’d imagine we will get fed a little more info as we approach order banks opening.
I am little confused here. What are you competing with a head cam packaged camaro ss 1le? A ZL1 1le? A cayman GT4 RS? With around 550 whp now you put the camaro ss 1le on another league of its own and still lighter than a ZL1 1le. Head cam packages though with full exhaust and intake manifold would put you close to 9 to 10 grand range with installation. The SS 1le already has lots of torque, all you need is a simple flex fuel tune, an intake, swap the tires with 315 rear and fronts 295 cup2s on stock rims. No need for head cam. Best bang for the buck.
Sponsored

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Sat in a 4V blackwing and a 5V blackwing the other day. Such a NICE car and the sport seats handled my extra girth with perfect comfort. The SS/1LE's Recaro's are a bit of a squeeze in the ribs (and hips) but comfortable enough for 3hr stints with no stops.

Now the decision is bare-bones SS/1LE (probably used with low miles) or splashing out for the 4V BW. The 5V dash is 'slap a tablet on it' gross but the back seat is a true 4-adult experience with lots of leg and head room. The 4V is a "SMALL" car and the back seat is as useless as the Mustang/SS except that ingress/egress is easier due to the doors. But still double-amputee or small child only.

The dealer has a slightly used 4V BW with Carbon 1+2 and 6MT coming in tomorrow and I'm going to test drive it. But it's black so I won't ever buy. My Audi (V8 + 6MT) is black and I won't be making that mistake again! The more I drive the Audi the more I'm impressed by it's poise, power and 'drive it fast and hard' confidence despite it's 2012 age. The Mustang by comparison is loose and imprecise.
Why exactly are you even here?

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just to piss you off?

The Camaro being 'dead' the Blackwings are the Gen7 Camaro just with up-market interior.
If that’s why you’re here, you’re not accomplishing what you set out to do. Just confused as to why you think anyone cares about your decision between a Camaro and a Blackwing.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Was just trying to give perspective bc he was looking at a 1LE vs a dark horse.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was just trying to give perspective bc he was looking at a 1LE vs a dark horse.
It seems he’s look at a 1LE vs Dark Horse, unless he’s using it to compare 1LE vs blackwing and then will decide between black wing vs dark horse. Or based on the majority of his other comments, he’s not into Mustangs at all and is just a troll.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
It seems he’s look at a 1LE vs Dark Horse, unless he’s using it to compare 1LE vs blackwing and then will decide between black wing vs dark horse. Or based on the majority of his other comments, he’s not into Mustangs at all and is just a troll.
too funny. I owned two 2019 Mustangs at the same time, one GT/PP1 and one EB/PP. I also owned a new '19 SS/1LE at the same time, and a new '19 GTI Rabbit. For over a year I switched between 4 cars every day.

I still have my original '19 GT, and a custom EB order in-bound. No, I'm not a "Mustang faithful" - you couldn't pay me any amount of money to be seen in one before S550. The Blackwing angle is because GM stupidly cancelled the Gen7 Camaro and all of it's chassis/suspension/dynamic improvements are only available in the BW. And having lived day-in/out with a Camaro I was looking for a better ownership experience (access, greenhouse) without giving up the track-ready equipment.

And no, the value simply isn't there for the Mach1, nor the value any better with Dark Horse. For DH money you can buy the smaller BW and it's a MUCH better car.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too funny. I owned two 2019 Mustangs at the same time, one GT/PP1 and one EB/PP. I also owned a new '19 SS/1LE at the same time, and a new '19 GTI Rabbit. For over a year I switched between 4 cars every day.

I still have my original '19 GT, and a custom EB order in-bound. No, I'm not a "Mustang faithful" - you couldn't pay me any amount of money to be seen in one before S550. The Blackwing angle is because GM stupidly cancelled the Gen7 Camaro and all of it's chassis/suspension/dynamic improvements are only available in the BW. And having lived day-in/out with a Camaro I was looking for a better ownership experience (access, greenhouse) without giving up the track-ready equipment.

And no, the value simply isn't there for the Mach1, nor the value any better with Dark Horse. For DH money you can buy the smaller BW and it's a MUCH better car.
So your on here to boast about being able to own multiple vehicles…. Got it. Still unsure how that is relevant to the forum and/or thread.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
For DH money you can buy the smaller BW and it's a MUCH better car.
We don't know the price, nobody besides some Ford Engineers has driven the DH and you can already judge it?

Just look at the lightning lap times from Car & Driver. I like the Blackwing Cadillacs, but without a doubt they are not good performance value for the money, since they are premium cars like Audi RS oder BMW M. And the CT4-V BW is slower than the Camaro 6 SS 1LE. The DH will obviously be slightly faster than the Mach 1, so it will offer awesome performance for the money:

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2:49.4
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1, 2:51.4
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, 2:54.8
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:55.6

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The sad thing is that they even had a Camaro on Alpha 2 in the making which would also release as the actually leaked Cadillac coupe. you can easily see the Camaro bodylines and they actually fixed all the problems with the Camaro by making the windows higher and even add a hatchback trunk.
1666593977331.png

1666593987610.png

Pretty sure the solution to the question why Chevrolet stopped caring about the Camaro lies within the C8 Stingray. If you have ~$55-70k for a sporty basically 2 seater, why going for a 2SS 1LE or ZL1 instead of a Stingray? The Stingray is faster without being as uncomfortable stiff as the 1LEs, has a different league of interior and even has more trunkspace.
The fact that gm will never build that coupe is a crime.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your on here to boast about being able to own multiple vehicles…. Got it
no, I was shredding your evidence-free assertion I was a troll or didn't like Mustangs. And I pointed out I owned 4 new cars simultaneously to show I had unlimited time and opportunity to compare them. How many people outside of magazine drivers on assignment can say that?

If the DH is faster than a M1 it'll be because of tire choice. It's just a skin over the S550 underpinnings.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We don't know the price, nobody besides some Ford Engineers has driven the DH and you can already judge it?
the S550 underpinnings (yes even the M1/GT350) are VERY obviously deficient vs GM's Alpha and even further behind Alpha 2. So yes, by the transitive logic of A < B and B < C we can prove A < C.

I realize folks on this board might believe Ford is good at what they do, but it doesn't take much looking around to realize that no, their offering is really rather crap. My 10 year old audi runs rings around the most recent S550. I know this because I drive them back to back and it's not even close. Hell, even a short time with a Kia Stinger demonstrates Kia has a better chassis/suspension/dynamics leaving aside the whole topic of better interior and production quality.

Maybe with S650 Ford has finally chosen to care about Quality craftsmanship and assembly to match their pricing. We'll see.

Last edited:

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no, I was shredding your evidence-free assertion I was a troll or didn't like Mustangs. And I pointed out I owned 4 new cars simultaneously to show I had unlimited time and opportunity to compare them. How many people outside of magazine drivers on assignment can say that?

If the DH is faster than a M1 it'll be because of tire choice. It's just a skin over the S550 underpinnings.
Oh, I'm sorry, I should have made it clear, I wasn't looking for a response to my post. No need for further explanation from you.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Doubt it, the Trefeo R has historically rated lower than the Cup 2s (found on the Mach 1 HP) in dry lap times. If the DH is faster(I believe it will be), it will be doing it on an arguably less agressive tire, meaning there were suspension or chassis improvements elsewhere.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 22 2ss1le

Just look at the lightning lap times from Car & Driver. I like the Blackwing Cadillacs, but without a doubt they are not good performance value for the money, since they are premium cars like Audi RS oder BMW M. And the CT4-V BW is slower than the Camaro 6 SS 1LE. The DH will obviously be slightly faster than the Mach 1, so it will offer awesome performance for the money:

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2:49.4
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1, 2:51.4
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, 2:54.8
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:55.6
I would like to see a Cup2 camaro ss1le auto vs Mach 1 auto same day comparison. I am not sure why Ford never allowed it. Same situation happened with the GT350TP. We never saw one. Randy Pobst did one but the camaro ss 1le was a manual had many miles on it and the brakes were shot. Even with that handicap on the camaro the Mach 1 was only 0.4 seconds faster through the whole lap. Maybe Throttle House might do it in the future, who knows.
Sponsored