• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Complimentary, huh? I had to look up the definition of that word. I don't think the Mach E is a complementary option.
I meant complimentary as in: alongside. It's a good pairing. For a Mustang household like mine ( we have a mustang and a fusion.) It's the perfect replacement. There is no new fusion, I'm not getting rid of my GT, a Mach-E fits well in that space.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Ford has never put that name on a 4 door sedan until now. So now the name Mustang no longer means 2 door, sporty vehicle. It just means a product that Ford builds. Nothing more.
I'm very surprised the Maverick truck hasn't been branded with Mustang. It's a family of vehicles now: truck, GT/sporty, CUV. Maybe the 4-seater S650 Mustang Taurus with 2.3 or 2.7EB will be next. The heart flutters in excitement what wonderful plans Marketing has for the Brand. :barf

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm very surprised the Maverick truck hasn't been branded with Mustang. It's a family of vehicles now: truck, GT/sporty, CUV. Maybe the 4-seater S650 Mustang Taurus with 2.3 or 2.7EB will be next. The heart flutters in excitement what wonderful plans Marketing has for the Brand. :barf
Oh yeah, my heart is fluttering as well. šŸ˜

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I meant complimentary as in: alongside. It's a good pairing. For a Mustang household like mine ( we have a mustang and a fusion.) It's the perfect replacement. There is no new fusion, I'm not getting rid of my GT, a Mach-E fits well in that space.
it fits exactly the same way ā€œin that spaceā€ if it was not called a ā€œMustangā€ and had a different, more suitable and fitting name.

you want an electric SUV in that space, then one from Ford or Tesla or whoever would do.

at this point, a Chevy Camaro is more of a Mustang than the Mach E. Thatā€™s just sad.

Itā€™s literally an indefensible position. The Cliffs Notes: Ford made a stupid decision, is too proud to back down from it, and will have to at some point later on anyway. Some people whoā€™ve lost touch with reality got loud in the boardroom snd had their way. The rest of the normal people donā€™t jive with it and thatā€™s how it goes.
The Mach E would likely sell better if it had its own identity and didnā€™t try to parasitically siphon hype and energy from the actual Mustang.

Last edited:

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The Mach E would likely sell better if it had its own identity and didnā€™t try to parasitically siphon hype and energy from the actual Mustang.
Wrong.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Would you be willing to say a bit more about why you think that?
He's just stating the obvious. The mach-e has nothing in common with an actual mustang but the pony badge. It's a cross-over SUV on battery power. It's hardly even a performance car. The Mach-e GT costs $60K US, just to run the same quarter mile time as a 2015 Mustang GT

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
He's just stating the obvious. The mach-e has nothing in common with an actual mustang but the pony badge. It's a cross-over SUV on battery power. It's hardly even a performance car. The Mach-e GT costs $60K US, just to run the same quarter mile time as a 2015 Mustang GT
I think that's a bit harsh.. Don't you see similarities in design in this comparison?

S650 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model IMG-4551 (42)

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think that's a bit harsh.. Don't you see similarities in design in this comparison?

IMG-4551 (42).jpg
Sure they weaved the design language into the body panels, but it's still not a pony/muscle car. I don't have a problem with the design itself. I actually think it's pretty nice. But as a lifelong mustang fan, I hate that they slapped the mustang name on it in an attempt to make it cool by association.

Separately, it's still debatable that an actual electric mustang would even deliver the true mustang experience. One of the best parts of muscle cars are the differences in engine characteristics and all of the ways they can be modified to the driver's taste. The Mach-e and electric cars in general cater to an entirely different crowd that don't care about those things

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
as a lifelong mustang fan, I hate that they slapped the mustang name on it in an attempt to make it cool by association.
I thank you for answering, and I take what I can get from it:-)

You say that the MME is not a muscle car. My First Edition has 346 BHP and 580 Newton metres of torque. Don't figures like that make it a muscle car along side many other Mustangs?

You say that Ford used the Mustang name only to make the MME "cool by association". A guy like Dave Pericak instead says that Ford has added another horse to the stable, only with different drivetrain and not to the detriment of the ICE Mustangs. Isn't it poosible to look at it from that angle?

As for the Mustang experience I suppose you would have to try one out:-) And also a BEV can be modified, but I agree that there are limitations since they don't have engines.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I thank you for answering, and I take what I can get from it:-)

You say that the MME is not a muscle car. My First Edition has 346 BHP and 580 Newton metres of torque. Don't figures like that make it a muscle car along side many other Mustangs?

You say that Ford used the Mustang name only to make the MME "cool by association". A guy like Dave Pericak instead says that Ford has added another horse to the stable, only with different drivetrain and not to the detriment of the ICE Mustangs. Isn't it poosible to look at it from that angle?

As for the Mustang experience I suppose you would have to try one out:-) And also a BEV can be modified, but I agree that there are limitations since they don't have engines.
I get that you like the Mach E. I do too on its own premise - a stylish electric SUV.

ITS GREAT actually and competes well in that category.

where many people were upset and alienated was regarding the disingenuous nature of the whole thing.

Mustang is an enthusiast sporty car. Rip snorting power, handling and speed with the character behind it thst makes it fun. Some describe this as ā€œsoul.ā€

to start: the Mach E is an SUV. That alone disqualified it as a true Mustang in the heritage along the lines of the MACH 1, GT, BOSS, Gt350, GT500, BOSS 429, Cobra, etc.

The Mustang is not a utility vehicle, grocery getter, people mover, etc. itā€™s a sports car (pony car) that actually sacrifices such things to maximize performance, but not totally eliminating them to the degree a corvette, viper, Ford GT, etc. do. Thatā€™s its category. It crated the category and opened a space for competitors such as the Camaro, Challenger, etc. to play in. putting a horse sticker on an SUV doesnā€™t make it a pony car or a Mustang at that.

the electric power train actually doesnā€™t bother me that much.True Mustangs may eventually go exclusively electric at some point. It would be better to go hybrid to retain some of the exciting elements as trivial as they seem to some - such as the feel of the engine when you apply the throttle liberally, the rock concert sound blaring from the exhaust - there is truly something magical about an American v8 with a proper exhaust set up. But it may be unavoidable. Tesla has shown that the combination of AWD and big electric power is a serious performance winner.

but a pony car is a pony car and an SUV is An SUV. EVEN Chevy knows better than to call their Camaro inspired electric blazer a Camaro SE or something.

so in the interest of steering this back on course, the true next gen Mustang, the s650 is nearly ready to show its face. Judging by Chazcrons excellent renders, we get an idea of whether we will like it or not. At least the front end. And even for those like me that arenā€™t fans of the leaked pics - there are always the model year facelifts to rectify things. Hopefully they are working on AWD for the alpha dog models. This car is going to be around a while.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I get that you like the Mach E. I do too on its own premise - a stylish electric SUV.

ITS GREAT actually and competes well in that category.

where many people were upset and alienated was regarding the disingenuous nature of the whole thing.

Mustang is an enthusiast sporty car. Rip snorting power, handling and speed with the character behind it thst makes it fun. Some describe this as ā€œsoul.ā€

to start: the Mach E is an SUV. That alone disqualified it as a true Mustang in the heritage along the lines of the MACH 1, GT, BOSS, Gt350, GT500, BOSS 429, Cobra, etc.

The Mustang is not a utility vehicle, grocery getter, people mover, etc. itā€™s a sports car (pony car) that actually sacrifices such things to maximize performance, but not totally eliminating them to the degree a corvette, viper, Ford GT, etc. do. Thatā€™s its category. It crated the category and opened a space for competitors such as the Camaro, Challenger, etc. to play in. putting a horse sticker on an SUV doesnā€™t make it a pony car or a Mustang at that.

the electric power train actually doesnā€™t bother me that much.True Mustangs may eventually go exclusively electric at some point. It would be better to go hybrid to retain some of the exciting elements as trivial as they seem to some - such as the feel of the engine when you apply the throttle liberally, the rock concert sound blaring from the exhaust - there is truly something magical about an American v8 with a proper exhaust set up. But it may be unavoidable. Tesla has shown that the combination of AWD and big electric power is a serious performance winner.

but a pony car is a pony car and an SUV is An SUV. EVEN Chevy knows better than to call their Camaro inspired electric blazer a Camaro SE or something.

so in the interest of steering this back on course, the true next gen Mustang, the s650 is nearly ready to show its face. Judging by Chazcrons excellent renders, we get an idea of whether we will like it or not. At least the front end. And even for those like me that arenā€™t fans of the leaked pics - there are always the model year facelifts to rectify things. Hopefully they are working on AWD for the alpha dog models. This car is going to be around a while.

Perfectly put.

And Dave Pericak is a hero of mine, but even I know he has to toe the company line and say the right thing.

At first the Mach E made my blood boil for the reason you state above. But, whether I like it or not Ford DID call it a Mustang, so a Mustang it is. I, too, have no problem with the electric drivetrain, but the SUV bit still grates. But life's too short to stay angry over such things, so I've now accepted Mach E to the Mustang family.

And if selling loads of Mach Es means we get to keep the V8 for another decade, well, that's a good thing.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to September 14th!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
A guy like Dave Pericak instead says that Ford has added another horse to the stable, only with different drivetrain and not to the detriment of the ICE Mustangs. Isn't it poosible to look at it from that angle?
Never heard of DP so his statement has no value (to me). and No. All that is marketing-speak trying to convince you to swallow a bitter pill and whispering in your ear how sweet it is, and wouldn't you want another.

The Mustang didn't need a stable-mate. this isn't the Kentucky Derby. It's been a solo act since inception.

Making 'Mustang' (and Bronco) a brand umbrella around multiple vehicles is the crassest of marketing fast ones. It is absolutely "trying to impart by association". The Bronco Sport is a farce and the people responsible should be hanged.

Ditto Mach-E. The car itself is just fine. Call it anything else and it will have sold just as well.

Yes, the EV is faster and perhaps better all around. Muscle Car definition has always meant big-ass engine, NOT necessarily big-HP or fast. Granted those are very closely correlated. But just because you put a electric traction motor in a car that has same or better HP doesn't mean it's a "Muscle Car". Muscle Car by definition means ICE.

We perhaps need to invent another term for stupid fast, high HP vehicles using electricity.
Or wait another 20 years till us ICE are eradicated from the planet and the young'uns can be bamboozled into accepting the 1984'esque redefinition of the term without batting an eye.

Your chocolate ration was increased to 20 grams from 25 grams last month.
Sponsored

Last edited: