• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Just wondering...do any of you think there's a possibility Ford will make a non-Performance Pack GT that can be a corner-carver, on par if not better, than a non-Performance Pack EcoBoost?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
We know they already used S550 with padding+camo to throw us off or test mechanical stuff on a S550 body. The diffusor and exhaust looks way too much like the Mach 1, but it's hard to tell here. This really could be anything, from just testing components (or even just some new tire compounds) on a camod S550 body to actually showing that they might reuse S550/Mach 1 parts for certain S650 models.

Don't read too much into this car and especially don't believe the articles that claim to know details. From what was gathered in the last year or so, pretty much nobody knows anything for sure besides the one real leaked photograph and the bad quality concept picture (which according to Jem most likely isn't the real car). Ford is really doing an outstanding job keeping the S650 details for engine or models a secret compared to S550 launch.

So I am doubting that this is a Mach 1 or if we even see a Mach 1 for S650. As far as I can tell the Bullitt was a big hit, but the Mach 1 at least interionally didn't take off as hoped. So it could really be anything. GT, performance package 1 or 2, GT350, Boss, etc.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Fords not putting the same moniker out. Without me even knowing I Know whatever model or special edition mustang is next won’t be a Mach1.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Well, of course nothing is guaranteed, but the exhaust is definitely from the current Mach 1......and those tires look like Cup 2s (or just very bald PS4Ss lol).
Well for one, these test cars are a parts bin build...meaning they use any available part from the model to make it worth. So it could be wearing Ecoboost wheels and Mach1 exhaust if that's all they had available. Also, newer models tend to have the old models high end upgrades as standard. So it very well could be that a standard model S650 GT would sport the S550 Mach1 exhaust.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Just wondering...do any of you think there's a possibility Ford will make a non-Performance Pack GT that can be a corner-carver, on par if not better, than a non-Performance Pack EcoBoost?
well a non-performance EB is hardly a corner-carver! It's frickin' scary how unglued it is compared to a sorted car.

Ford is not interested apparently in properly good chassis and suspension though the FP track shocks are sitting on the damn shelf, and the aftermarket long figured out various fixes for their failure to engineer in favor of letting Marketing dictate NVH standards as a primary goal.

So no, Ford will once more fail to produce a properly sorted corner carver.

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
well a non-performance EB is hardly a corner-carver! It's frickin' scary how unglued it is compared to a sorted car.

Ford is not interested apparently in properly good chassis and suspension though the FP track shocks are sitting on the damn shelf, and the aftermarket long figured out various fixes for their failure to engineer in favor of letting Marketing dictate NVH standards as a primary goal.

So no, Ford will fail once more fail to produce a properly sorted corner carver.
Huh...they sure fooled me then. Even if I'm not going anywhere remotely near track speeds I really enjoy the steering feel and taking turns in my non-PP EcoBoost. Something about it just satisfies me every time.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

So no, Ford will fail once more fail to produce a properly sorted corner carver.
From my understanding, ford engineered the mustang to oversteer easily to make it more fun to drive. Kinda like what Toyota did with the gt86. So the car being "unglued" isn't necessarily a bad thing imo.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about the divorced rear brake setup as used by the GT500 in the camp shots in the article.
If it is the regular GT, that would be nice and hopefully rear compatible with the S550!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
right, but are you driving the same roads back to back with a fully sorted Mustang vs an untouched one? Try it some time.
100% agree with this. The S550PP I bought was decent handling out of the box. But after about $1000 in various steeda parts it started handling like a much more expensive car. Even my not so mechanically inclined girlfriend noticed the difference.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I will say I've noticed a definite difference between a non-PP GT and with-PP GT as far as ride quality/feel goes. Unfortunately I don't have $6K+ on top of the already pricy-for-me-at-this-time GT (new or used). It's why I'm still saving up and paying off my EcoBoost for the time being.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
It's why I'm still saving up and paying off my EcoBoost for the time being.
nothing wrong with that. a few judicious chassis mods and your Eco will impress. I have one of each and the Eco is brilliant once it's been hit with the BMR/Steeda catalog.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
It’s cool that they’re benchmarking the Mach 1 in terms of performance. However if the GT benchmarks the price of the Mach 1 as well then that’s an issue…

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry, quick tangent of a question. I was sitting inside a Bullitt today and the main thing I noticed was that using my optimal seating position I currently use for my A10 EcoBoost, I can't press the clutch all the way down to the floor. For context, I'm 5'4"/5'5". Am I too short, or do I need to sit a lot closer to the pedals than I normally would with an automatic transmission vehicle? (But then sitting closer makes my arms less optimally positioned with the steering wheel...not sure how to solve this problem at the moment besides sticking with automatics.)
Sponsored