• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
so, I’m gonna just throw this out there… maybe Ford is tweaking the dual intake to make a more authentic FPC setup.
I'm confident in saying that you can take comfort knowing that will never happen again.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
It could be a GT because only the GT has that front bumper.
And it could be a DH because only the DH has Blue Ember metallic.
And it could be the Cobra Jet or the California Special because only the CJ or CS needs still to hide its decal.
:inspect:

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
This. There's just no reason for a mach 1, a boss, or even a GT PP2 for several years. Assuming GT500 happens in the first couple years, they will have a vast performance range available with what's already been announced.
First off, I think that if you were to consider today's Mustang lineup (EB, GT, Mach 1, and then the Shelby models), then even though the GT is (absolute performance wise) might be moving up to where the Mach 1 was, in a relative scale, the GT remains the same, and the Mach 1 is replaced by the Dark Horse.

So, even though you claim that there is no need for a Mach 1, they have, in fact, actually already announced the Mach 1 replacement.
2022 GT vs Mach 1 is a 20 hp increase (460 vs 480 and no torque change), with some handling improvements.
2024 GT vs Dark Horse: 20 hp or so increase (480 vs 500), and some handling improvements.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
This. There's just no reason for a mach 1, a boss, or even a GT PP2 for several years. Assuming GT500 happens in the first couple years, they will have a vast performance range available with what's already been announced.
Since my track record of making predictions based on events the last couple of years has been near 100%, I’m gonna guess that this whole thing will be gone a lot sooner than y’all think. Ford included.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I almost suspect the Dark Horse was intended to be the Mach 1, and someone in Marketing decided to just change the name.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I almost suspect the Dark Horse was intended to be the Mach 1, and someone in Marketing decided to just change the name.
well they needed an imprecise, vague nomenclature for a 'family' of vehicles. You can't exactly call the IMSA racecar a Mach 1 GT3, or Mach 1 S, or Mach 1 dragster. And they can't use 'Shelby' either.

'Dark Horse' is sufficiently cute it would appeal to the kinds of people who staff Marketing departments.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I feel that way about the last Mach1. Calling the MachE the Mach1 was a massive flub, and the PPL2 engineers said the suspension was aimed at a "boss level car". The GT350 was selling well, so they kept it around till they could scrap together a Mach1 out of what they had around.
1. A Bullitt Engine
2. An updated PPL2 package
3. Parts left over from the GT350 that were not used anyplace else.

I almost feel like a BOSS was intended for 2022 and 2023, their normal 2yr cycle for a "above GT, non Shelby" car. But the screw up with the Mach1 nametag made them have to get something else out a year earlier than planned because a Mach1 was promised.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I almost feel like a BOSS was intended for 2022 and 2023, their normal 2yr cycle for a "above GT, non Shelby" car. But the screw up with the Mach1 nametag made them have to get something else out a year earlier than planned because a Mach1 was promised.
The Mach 1 was supposed to be a Boss. But the Mach-E screwed that up. So we got a “track focused” Mach 1 which now becomes a Dark House. Hopefully we will still get a Boss in a couple of years.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The Mach 1 was supposed to be a Boss. But the Mach-E screwed that up. So we got a “track focused” Mach 1 which now becomes a Dark House. Hopefully we will still get a Boss in a couple of years.

This is the dream, boys and girls. That, and a manual GT500. The latter is most certainly a only a dream though.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Trust me fellas. It’s a Mach 1. :party:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
'Dark Horse' is sufficiently cute it would appeal to the kinds of people who staff Marketing departments.
Agree that "Dark Horse" is just cute marketing name, but so is "Mach 1". In fact, I always thought it was a pretty stupid name that only sort of worked in the post WW2 era when a connection to fighter planes and the notion of flying at "super sonic" speeds still captured the imagination of young baby boomers.

But seriously, a name that implies my car goes is so fast it breaks the sound barrier is just another marketing gimmick that really only works today because of its legacy (and yes that means that Mach "E" is even stupider when you think about it :) ).

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
one other thing...they don't have a lot of years to make everything happen with them going electric in 2028, so I would expect to see a lot of "last hurrah" versions, sort of like Dodge is doing this year.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
one other thing...they don't have a lot of years to make everything happen with them going electric in 2028, so I would expect to see a lot of "last hurrah" versions, sort of like Dodge is doing this year.
Yea, if GT500 is coming out in 2 years, a BOSS could very well happen before then.
Sponsored