• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 cousins

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
This has been posted time and time again, but did Ford and Chevy designers share the same luxury boxes at Ford Field? While watching the LIons, someone must have drawn a design on a napkin and the other one stole it. The exteriors of both cars have a striking resemblance.

S650 Mustang 2024 cousins 2024 camaro panther

S650 Mustang 2024 cousins 2024 musta
Sponsored

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't know why we need another threat for this but those two cars look totally different. Yes, both are two door coupes, which limits design options but apart from that these cars don't look alike.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They look the same just as these look the same. Two doors, 4 wheels, and a hood. Thank you for bringing this up I woulda never known 2 door coupes could have been similar otherwise.

Please make another one of these threads tomorrow!

S650 Mustang 2024 cousins vehicle

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The posting of this daily and internet wide, is far more annoying than any possible or factual resemblance they are alleged to share.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why we need another threat for this but those two cars look totally different. Yes, both are two door coupes, which limits design options but apart from that these cars don't look alike.
I never said they look alike. please reread my statement in its whole content and not pick whatever you think you read, then draw a conclusion from it.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look the same just as these look the same. Two doors, 4 wheels, and a hood. Thank you for bringing this up I woulda never known 2 door coupes could have been similar otherwise.

Please make another one of these threads tomorrow!

vehicle.png
That's not the premise of my post. My post was about a theoretical case of 2 two designers at a football game.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
there have been multiple threads on this already, with better pictures and overlays that show the comparo better. But yes the 2024 Mustang has a good handful of cues that scream Camaro. Even up close and in person, like this weekend at Ford Nationals.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is a ridiculous premise to start a thread

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ah yes, both cars have wheels, very derivative. In all seriousness, the two cars look nothing alike. The front and rear graphics, the proportions, the rooflines, all of those elements are drastically different. The challenger and Camaro both have squared off, notchback style rooflines. Where are all the comparisons there? Not only do they look similar, extra criticism could be directed towards them because notchbacks look like shit compared to fastbacks.

The only element that's anything like the Camaro is a flared out rear haunch. But that's a muscle car styling trait that goes back to the original mustang/Camaro. If the s650 is a modern interpretation of the first gen mustang, and the current Camaro is a modern take on the first gen Camaro, then doesn't the Camaro look like a mustang? Why are we saying the original ripped off the copycat? That's not how it works guys.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
At least modern cars are safer to drive... :inspect:
are they though? That bronze thing would pancake a S550 let along any and all Kia and Civic/etc and the occupants would look around and ask "what was that? Did maybell forget her driving glasses again?"

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That's not the premise of my post. My post was about a theoretical case of 2 two designers at a football game.
I don't care about a theoretical pigskin conversation. This is a mustang forum so I addressed the mustang part of your post.
Sponsored