• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I agree 100%.
I don't buy into the argument that EV are "faster than ICE" either. Sure, that is fine. But driving is the experience. I like to row my own gears and hear the authentic engine rev. If someone else is capable of getting from A to B faster than me, not a problem for me. I will enjoy the trip.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't buy into the argument that EV are "faster than ICE" either. Sure, that is fine. But driving is the experience. I like to row my own gears and hear the authentic engine rev. If someone else is capable of getting from A to B faster than me, not a problem for me. I will enjoy the trip.
I agree shifting is a lot of fun. I don't really enjoy driving without shifting.

And someone is always faster. In my opinion trying to be the fastest or always own the fastest is a losing game. Don't get me wrong, I like a quick vehicle. But I've found it's not the top of my list. Heck, I remember having the Z06 and the Fiesta ST in the garage and almost always choosing the Fiesta. The Corvette was no doubt faster, but the Fiesta is more fun to drive.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree shifting is a lot of fun. I don't really enjoy driving without shifting.

And someone is always faster. In my opinion trying to be the fastest or always own the fastest is a losing game. Don't get me wrong, I like a quick vehicle. But I've found it's not the top of my list. Heck, I remember having the Z06 and the Fiesta ST in the garage and almost always choosing the Fiesta. The Corvette was no doubt faster, but the Fiesta is more fun to drive.
Yeah, I'm kind of right there with you. If I wanted an econo-shitbox that gets me somewhere for the least amount of fuel, or even something that gets me there fastest devoid of feeling, then fine.
But, I love my daily commute and any sort of drives mainly since I get an instant gratification of rowing my own gears and dropping it down a gear to zoom past someone.

Again. To each their own. I've never driven a pure EV, I'm sure the acceleration is cool and all, but... I'm just not there. I love stick shifts and the joy of driving. Once driving becomes a pure A to B, it'll be a sad day for me.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I don't care how fast it will be. It could make 2000 bhp and go from 0 to 60 in five milliseconds. I still won't be interested.
It could be the fastest vacuum cleaner in the world. It could be faster than a rocket. But I don't care. I will still want a car, slow as it may be.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't care how fast it will be. It could make 2000 bhp and go from 0 to 60 in five milliseconds. I still won't be interested.
It could be the fastest vacuum cleaner in the world. It could be faster than a rocket. But I don't care. I will still want a car, slow as it may be.
You know what's funny? This isn't about what we want. This is about what we eventually are going to get. So enjoy your ICE car. They will be around for a long time. But when that time comes, sometime in the future, you are not going to have a choice.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We may have a choice if we get enough people to think the same. If we get enough people to think with their own heads instead of blindly swallowing the official propaganda.
And yes, I do intend to enjoy my real, proper car for as long as I can. :like:

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We may have a choice if we get enough people to think the same. If we get enough people to think with their own heads instead of blindly swallowing the official propaganda.
And yes, I do intend to enjoy my real, proper car for as long as I can. :like:
What I'm waiting for/hoping for is in the future a discovery/development of a powertrain or conversion as an alternative to electric. Of course fossil fuels will last only so long. Question is, how long will these cars we now currently have. I plan to own my Bullitt for 20+ year, I dunno, probably never get rid of it.
Does that mean it needs to have the engine converted to burn hydrogen in 15 years or something?

I just can't see how mass electrification is going to be the only option we will have in the future. I don't think it's there from the grid support, charger support, affordability, environmental impact. There has to be an alternative, even if it is only a stepping stone to when EVs have all the grid/charger support, etc.

Granted, until it gets better, the driving experience and enjoyment is probably going to get worse before it gets better. Of course, YMMV.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
The electric motor is a DINOSAUR compared to the ICE. This is a step backwards in technology.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't say first patented.
That was the implication, and also a material misrepresentation of fact. Your initial statement was how much older the electric motor is as compared to the ICE. It isn't, they were contemporaries. It's not a step backwards. The EV never caught on for the same reasons that they aren't widespread now; batteries are terrible. They are just 2 centuries less terrible now.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was the implication, and also a material misrepresentation of fact. Your initial statement was how much older the electric motor is as compared to the ICE. It isn't, they were contemporaries. It's not a step backwards. The EV never caught on for the same reasons that they aren't widespread now; batteries are terrible. They are just 2 centuries less terrible now.
My point was that patents don't mean all that much. I think the wheel has been around a lot longer than the 1700's. The electric motor has been used in transportation for longer than the ICE. I suppose I should have been more clear.

The same thing happens in the shooting community when comparing the "venerable" 45 ACP with the "newfangled" 9mm. The 9mm is actually older.

We hear the argument made so often that the ICE is a dinosaur compared to the electric motor, when the electric motor is older from a practical and even a theoretical standpoint. In any event, moving from one to the other really can't be labelled "progress". Unless, by "progress" we mean less freedom of choice and less liberty.
Sponsored