• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Great work!! I will buy this for both the LH and RH! I hope we can get it before spring hits as someone else mentioned!
Sign me up as well. I don't even have my Mustang - yet!
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People need to keep talking about this, eventually hopefully some of the sponsored social media people will bring this up. Itā€™s also disappointing when you have all these people doing there reviews itā€™s never brought up. The original video I did pointing this issue out has 7k veiws, I believe I did that video in early October, so I can only imagine what it would get for coverage if one of the big Mustang YouTube channels brought this up.
As you know, I sent your video to my sales rep back in early December. I have made a copy and edited it down to a minute so I can put it on my iPhone. I want to show it to the Service Manager shortly. Hopefully I can get some traction there.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
As you know, I sent your video to my sales rep back in early December. I have made a copy and edited it down to a minute so I can put it on my iPhone. I want to show it to the Service Manager shortly. Hopefully I can get some traction there.
Hope you can kick ass!! Iā€™m supporting you!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope you can kick ass!! Iā€™m supporting you!
My effort is to get Ford Corporate to respond with a reason for this hole OR admission of a possible problem. If a problem, will they provide a remedy.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Great, let me know what the service manager thinks.

Reactions: DCS

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Some peeps on Facebook reporting that this rock guard for the fronts covers that sneaky hole.

https://zl1addons.com/products/copy-mustang-dark-horse-standard-rock-guards

Anybody else have experience with it? It could most likely be a marketing ploy that it does cover as the person has not shared the pics yet - but just claims it to cover it up. Any experience from members on here would be appreciated.

Cheers!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Some peeps on Facebook reporting that this rock guard for the fronts covers that sneaky hole.

https://zl1addons.com/products/copy-mustang-dark-horse-standard-rock-guards

Anybody else have experience with it? It could most likely be a marketing ploy that it does cover as the person has not shared the pics yet - but just claims it to cover it up. Any experience from members on here would be appreciated.

Cheers!
It still doesn't cover the bottom of the opening.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why DH only?
Just spoke to the dudes at zl1 - he did say that it does cover that sneaky hole in the fronts. Coming to why the DH only and not for GT or EB - they didnā€™t have a GT or EB to test fit it on - hence itā€™s advertised as DH only as itā€™s a guaranteed fit. Rest assured that it will fit the EB and GT as well. Imma place the order today and will confirm here if it does cover the hole or not.

PS - they do have a return policy(14 days) - buyer pays for shipment.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still doesn't cover the bottom of the opening.
Nice won - thanks for the update then. I will not buy it! Could you share any pics of how the fitment actually is? The dude on the phone said it does cover. Hmm šŸ¤”

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
I have purchased several of Hein's products to convert my Transit cargo van into a camper. Top quality stuff, great customer service. This is very encouraging news.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nice won - thanks for the update then. I will not buy it! Could you share any pics of how the fitment actually is? The dude on the phone said it does cover. Hmm šŸ¤”
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1706131300721

As you can see, the hole is not just right in front of the tire, it's also on the bottom. The mud guard simply covers the front of it, leaving the bottom portion exposed. And stuff will still get inside.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just spoke to the dudes at zl1 - he did say that it does cover that sneaky hole in the fronts. Coming to why the DH only and not for GT or EB - they didnā€™t have a GT or EB to test fit it on - hence itā€™s advertised as DH only as itā€™s a guaranteed fit. Rest assured that it will fit the EB and GT as well. Imma place the order today and will confirm here if it does cover the hole or not.

PS - they do have a return policy(14 days) - buyer pays for shipment.
Let us know!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1706131300721.png

As you can see, the hole is not just right in front of the tire, it's also on the bottom. The mud guard simply covers the front of it, leaving the bottom portion exposed. And stuff will still get inside.
Thanks for the pic! Understood!
The likelihood of things getting in from the bottom is definitely there - but with the rock guard - at least the likelihood reduces by an extent. I reckon Iā€™ll pick one up until we have people on here come up with a product that I could buy and put an end to this worry. šŸ˜Š
Thanks again for being so detailed with your explanation

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
I just held the ZL1ā€™s up and they definitely cover the front of the hole, not the bottom of the hole though (if you were underneath the car looking up), still should reduce rocks getting in I believe. I just held them up in place, have not mounted them yet.
Sponsored