• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

jaykoolzboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lightning ER, Hyundai Kona EV, BMW iX 50
That's exactly why I'm asking, not to be rude but just curious. I wish I was in a position to afford 4 cars lol. Mainly curious about his choice to keep the 3 evs over selling one for a dark horse with the Tremec he really wants.

Long story short, my primary daily is the F150 Lightning ER and Wife is driving the new Lyriq AWD , the Kona EV is our last resort vehicle (in case we forgot to charge or for for whatever reason we won't have our other vehicles for awhile)

We were committed to drive only "alternative energy" vehicle since 2017 , but after all those years of EVs (i3, Kona, F150L, Lyriq, Clarity FCV, Model 3 .......) , I just felt it's getting a bit boring and mundane, yes the instant torque is nice, straight line 0 - 60 is nice , lower cost of electricity is awesome (we have solar panel also) , make our planet slightly a better place is also optimal. But nothing will ever replace a RWD , MT (especially with V8's roaring sound).

My previous fun cars includes OG 16 BMW M2 , P-Car 996 GT2 , Mazda RX 8 , STI ............ mostly MT, man, insisting that I missed those engagement and experience would be an understatement.

Here I am , breaking a bit of my previous commitment (EV or Alternative Energy only) by having a weekend only fun car with RWD and MT. I was tilting between a used Cayman, new ND2 Miata and the Mustang, eventually never owned a V8 and love the new looks of the S650 overweighs them all (having 4 seats helps also , just in case).

As for why not going for DH straight? For several reasons

1. DH will be roughly 20K more than the base GT I got , I don't feel the price is justifiable (that's just me , understand for some people 20K performance and cosmetic upgrades from DH is very justifiable)

2. I don't think DH is on 350 or 350R uniqueness tier , to me at least it's rather a heavily factory modified GT, I will have my eyes on the new GT350 or GT350R (if it's below 80K , I will definitely jump in)

3. Dealer does have an allocation slot for me (there are several people in front of me) , but from what I see, it's going to take awhile (I have priority Code 10 on the GT with July 16th production scheduled :)

4. Plan to do some enhancement and mods myself in the future (after warranty expires), I want to keep the vehicle as simple as possible.

In recaps, I want to see the new 350 and 350R first , if the price is within 10 - 15K from the DH, I would definitely consider to upgrade to those.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We were committed to drive only "alternative energy" vehicle since 2017 , but after for those years of EVs (i3, Kona, F150L, Lyriq, Clarity FCV, Model 3 .......) , I just felt it's getting a bit boring and mundane, yes the instant torque is nice, straight line 0 - 60 is nice , lower cost of electricity is awesome (we have solar panel also) , make our planet slightly a better place is also optimal. But nothing will ever replace a RWD , MT (especially with V8's roaring sound).
I currently drive a Model Y Performance and this is how I feel. Yeah, 0-60 in 3.5s is insane, but acceleration aside the car doesn't feel engaging at all to drive. There's no doubt that the tech is amazing but I also feel like driving experience is a huge factor in car ownership.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
I currently drive a Model Y Performance and this is how I feel. Yeah, 0-60 in 3.5s is insane, but acceleration aside the car doesn't feel engaging at all to drive. There's no doubt that the tech is amazing but I also feel like driving experience is a huge factor in car ownership.
That's how I felt when test driving a Mach E GT. Amazing acceleration and plenty of passing power, but otherwise an unengaging vehicle for me. Others may hate the idea, but the practical silence in EVs is why I don't mind piped-in "engine noise". Misleading sure, especially in certain ICE vehicles, but at least I'd be less concerned about falling asleep on the wheel while driving on the highway.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Then again sound is important to me and I’m quit willingly spending a few $k on a home audio system (always stereo, never 5.1 or 7.2 or other monstrosities :D )…
I get you and agree, except you probably meant you prefer to play stereo tracks in stereo instead of "upmixing" via Dolby PL. I agree stereo tracks in other-than-stereo sound muddy, but downmixing 5.1 tracks to stereo is even worse.

At home I play music and movies in whatever format they come in, up to and including 7.1.4 Atmos. One listen to Grover Washington Jr.'s "Winelight" in native 5.1 format (hard to find those DVD-A discs though) and you'll be hooked.

jaykoolzboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lightning ER, Hyundai Kona EV, BMW iX 50
I get you and agree, except you probably meant you prefer to play stereo tracks in stereo instead of "upmixing" via Dolby PL. I agree stereo tracks in other-than-stereo sound muddy, but downmixing 5.1 tracks to stereo is even worse.

At home I play music and movies in whatever format they come in, up to and including 7.1.4 Atmos. One listen to Grover Washington Jr.'s "Winelight" in native 5.1 format (hard to find those DVD-A discs though) and you'll be hooked.
Totally agree , my dad s Acura MDX Aspec come with ELS 3D Studio system, oh me, oh I , multi channel DVD audio sounds amazing , just purely, simply amazing. Meanwhile our so called upgraded B&O on my F150 lightning (8 speaker B&O) just made me feel depressed everytime I am playing anything other than the audio books. 12 speakers B&O on Mustang Mach E is just slightly better with a bit more surround and smaller cabin. The unleashed system on the Plat is semi decent , but it's not an option for vast majority of the Ford Vehicles.

In recap, if u r serious about your audio (not necessarily audiophile) , either opt in for the unleashed system if its available or simple do the aftermarket yourself. Just my 2 cents

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Just wait until someone moves your seats after a service or when you get your car detailed... I hope you have some way of measuring your preferred position and side mirrors (blind spot vs side of car); ask me why I know.
Heartily agree!! It is a real pet peeve of mine!

I am 6'3" tall and it seems that every mechanic that works on my car is much shorter. The first few times it was impossible to even get into my own car. Them moving my seat has happened so much, that after every service performed, I have gotten into the habit of moving the seat all the way back before I even get in.

You would figure if they had to move the seat for whatever reason, they would do the courtesy of moving it back when they are done.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Heartily agree!! It is a real pet peeve of mine!

I am 6'3" tall and it seems that every mechanic that works on my car is much shorter. The first few times it was impossible to even get into my own car. Them moving my seat has happened so much, that after every service performed, I have gotten into the habit of moving the seat all the way back before I even get in.

You would figure if they had to move the seat for whatever reason, they would do the courtesy of moving it back when they are done.
This might be the most entitled response I’ve ever heard.

“Please maintain and reposition my driver position regardless of the duties you have to perform”

lol stop. Do you even understand what it takes to perform such a task?

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

“Please maintain and reposition my driver position regardless of the duties you have to perform”

And regardless of task, moving your seat back to your preferred position is such a menial thing to have a grudge against. It literally takes seconds. Why people waste energy getting frustrated over these things is beyond me.

If I was a mechanic and someone got mad at me for not moving their seat back, I'd laugh and walk away.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I get that a mechanic has to enter my car and move my seat to facilitate a service, but on the other-hand my car is a sanctuary, and personal settings are comforting to return to. Since I don't expect an entitlement to preset positions in my Ford that is not a Bentley, I rely on a memory function to do such a "menial" thing; yay presets with a $2900 premium to facilitate this luxury, along with the better speakers and interior trim!

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Entitled, uh oh, damn those picky car people! I get that a mechanic has to enter my car and move my seat to facilitate a service, but on the other-hand my car is a sanctuary, and personal settings are comforting to return to. Since I don't expect an entitled return to preset positions in my Ford that is not a Bentley, I rely on a memory function to do so; yay presets with a $2900 premium to faciliate my entitlement!
If your car is such a sanctuary do your own mechanical work.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
If your car is such a sanctuary do your own mechanical work.
I don't know f-all for working on a car; that's why I'm happy to pay a mechanic to do what I can't do. My car being a sanctuary does not require me to be a vehicle technician. I'm a dentist, so by your definition, if your mouth is a sancturary, why don't you do your own dental work?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

Now I'm LOL!! Thanks for that comment.

Entitled? Not really, I was always taught that you put things back the way you found them. And the last time I checked, it is my car.

Yes, I do understand what it takes; just before exiting the car, push the seat adjustment button the same amount of time they did when they got in the car.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know f-all for working on a car; that's why I'm happy to pay a mechanic to do what I can't do. My car being a sanctuary does not require me to be a vehicle technician. I'm a dentist, so by your definition, if your mouth is a sancturary, why don't you do your own dental work?
My mouth is not a sanctuary😂

What a strange thing to say. All I'm saying is don't get mad at others for something that takes seconds to fix. It's like getting mad at your dentist for not rinsing your mouth completely.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
No it's not; rising your mouth is not the same as say getting a tooth pulled or getting an implant placed. In either case, not "a seconds to fix" scenario. You rely on a technician to do a job and hopefully restore your car or mouth to the same function as you had before. Sorry for being way, way off topic.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
No it's not; rising your mouth is not the same as say getting a tooth pulled or getting an implant placed. In either case, not "a seconds to fix" scenario. You rely on a technician to do a job and hopefully restore your car or mouth to the same function as you had before. Sorry for being way, way off topic.
I'm talking about moving your seat back, the thing that started all this.
Sponsored