• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
I would prefer the auxiliary gauges look like actual gauges with a needle pointer on the dial.
Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Late 30s here,
have not seen one of them in person, but I hate the ipad setup of the screens
but i think that , once im sitting in the drivers seat, the screens will be bright, easy to see, full of useful and coolly presented info, a bit like a cockpit and i wont notice them when im driving,

its only when im actually looking at the interior, other than while im driving, im going to hate it

Ford, next update/refresh, please try and integrate them into the car:)

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Nobody cares how old you are.

If you don't like the car, go away and move on.
If you do, then buy one.
Simple?
FFS.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Last year we all wrote a long topic about the loss of physical buttons for HVAC and major settings like drive mode/steering/exhaust but even after seeing these videos I stick by my opinion that this whole setup is a major step backwards, not just in the way it looks but also ergonomically. From the moment manufacturers like Audi started moving too many functions into touch screens (years ago) they have been getting roasted about it worldwide. Some brands are already responding to this by bringing back phycial HVAC switches. Ford however is so far behind the curve on this that they introduce a brand new car that includes the same mistakes that their competition made 5+ years ago.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with the design chief's opinion that they needed to drop the double brow design to fit in a bigger center screen. That's just plain right nonsense. He could walk into any Porsche dealership, look at the current 911 or Taycan and see how it's done. The 911 dash is completely digital now and still oozes 911 heritage. This new Mustang dash has zero heritage and looks just like any new BMW/Mercedes/Opel/Kia/Hyundai, take your pick. And mind you, the two separate panels in the base Mustang versions look even worse than what is shown here.

All this throws MAJOR shade on the hard work that went into developing this UI, which by itself I think is actually pretty cool. I wonder if we will ever see Ford's Sync5 based on Android Automotive project appear in this Mustang, now that they spent so much effort on creating this Sync4 based system.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level II
Nobody cares how old you are.

If you don't like the car, go away and move on.
If you do, then buy one.
Simple?
FFS.

What a pathetic rebuttal this is.

The cluster itself is neat but it’s the main detractor of the car, period.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
What a pathetic rebuttal this is.

The cluster itself is neat but it’s the main detractor of the car, period.
For YOU, in YOUR opinion

So actually the 'rebuttal' is spot on.

If YOU don't like it then don't buy it. Many others do like it and will buy it. Simple.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
:crazy:
I believe this is what they were going for. And this one costs $70,000,000. :giggle:

1678636393586.png
I believe this is what they were going for. And this one costs $70,000,000. :giggle:

1678636393586.png
Trying to make an automobile user interface look like that of a fighter jet is kind of….well, weird. Some people buying these can barely pass a road test. Silly marketers. Tricks are for kids.

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
To me still one of the nicest interiors on the market (GT 63 AMG 4 door). I like big screens and I have no problem with the current one on Gen 7. Wrapping it neatly would have looked better imo.

Also I like the " middle arm console tunnel" in the Mercedes. Maybe Ford will one day hop on that....

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive amg gt innenraum.JPG

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Last year we all wrote a long topic about the loss of physical buttons for HVAC and major settings like drive mode/steering/exhaust but even after seeing these videos I stick by my opinion that this whole setup is a major step backwards, not just in the way it looks but also ergonomically. From the moment manufacturers like Audi started moving too many functions into touch screens (years ago) they have been getting roasted about it worldwide. Some brands are already responding to this by bringing back phycial HVAC switches. Ford however is so far behind the curve on this that they introduce a brand new car that includes the same mistakes that their competition made 5+ years ago.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with the design chief's opinion that they needed to drop the double brow design to fit in a bigger center screen. That's just plain right nonsense. He could walk into any Porsche dealership, look at the current 911 or Taycan and see how it's done. The 911 dash is completely digital now and still oozes 911 heritage. This new Mustang dash has zero heritage and looks just like any new BMW/Mercedes/Opel/Kia/Hyundai, take your pick. And mind you, the two separate panels in the base Mustang versions look even worse than what is shown here.

All this throws MAJOR shade on the hard work that went into developing this UI, which by itself I think is actually pretty cool. I wonder if we will ever see Ford's Sync5 based on Android Automotive project appear in this Mustang, now that they spent so much effort on creating this Sync4 based system.
Want to know maybe the worst part? Those "80s inspired" buttons which replaced the cool toggles, well they aren't even individual buttons as part of a panel. It's all one big piece of plastic with individual trip switches underneith it, so the whole entire thing moves inward when you push any of the individual sections marked for functions...so cheap, so stupid. Wonder how much they saved using one giant piece of plastic vs individual buttons...

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Presenting the all new 2023 BMW 7 series and 3 series interiors

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 2023-bmw-7-series-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 2023-bmw-3-series-sedan-128

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Proves my point. All these designers go to the same schools, use the same software, have the same associations and connections resulting in the same boring designs.
Sponsored

Last edited: