• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Considering that the Mustang is the only car that Ford makes (in NA) it’s unlikely. Most other Ford SUV/CUV’s and pickups already have their own dedicated screens.
Chinese market Fusion has a very similar display layout to the S650. European Focus has Sync4 on a 12.5" screen as well.

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 1678798609231
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Geez, even that’s better integrated than the ones in the Mustang. At least from the picture.
Better have an extremely long arm to reach the other end of the screen while driving....

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Honestly...this is the "awkward" stage of a trend/direction that will likely be THAT much more attractive and intelligently implemented within the next decade with more practice/feedback. The digital thing isn't exactly bad, it's just not really there yet
Geez, even that’s better integrated than the ones in the Mustang. At least from the picture.
No really, it does look better and more thought-out across the board. We need a full left to right screen that fits within a double brow shape/theme and I would honestly call that "ok" as far as working with where things have to go. I really hate the asymmetrical aspects of the interior and the whole thing should just be an update/rethink of the S550 or S197's basic interior. Integrating a full screen into the overall shape of some of the unused S550 interior themes would have been amazing...maybe gen 8 lol, the first one is my favorite and so amazing; just stick the screen where the aluminum element sits, basically:

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 015-Ford-Mustang-Interior-design-rendering-Theme-A

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 02-2015-Ford-Mustang-Interior-design-sketches

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No it's an illusion in that picture - it stands proud as with the Mustang. This image shows it slightly better.

1678806407128.png
This is proof positive that just looking at pictures doesn’t tell you the whole story. That’s why I’m reserving final judgement until after I sit behind the wheel.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
To me still one of the nicest interiors on the market (GT 63 AMG 4 door). I like big screens and I have no problem with the current one on Gen 7. Wrapping it neatly would have looked better imo.

Also I like the " middle arm console tunnel" in the Mercedes. Maybe Ford will one day hop on that....

amg gt innenraum.JPG
My pops has one of these AMG GTs and I have to be honest, MB’s ergos are pure trash and their build quality feels like everything’s held together by warped Legos plates. Everything about that cockpit is unfortunately subpar; seating position, steering rack positioning range, MBUX UI, everything. Looks pretty in pictures though.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Honestly...this is the "awkward" stage of a trend/direction that will likely be THAT much more attractive and intelligently implemented within the next decade with more practice/feedback. The digital thing isn't exactly bad, it's just not really there yet

No really, it does look better and more thought-out across the board. We need a full left to right screen that fits within a double brow shape/theme and I would honestly call that "ok" as far as working with where things have to go. I really hate the asymmetrical aspects of the interior and the whole thing should just be an update/rethink of the S550 or S197's basic interior. Integrating a full screen into the overall shape of some of the unused S550 interior themes would have been amazing...maybe gen 8 lol, the first one is my favorite and so amazing; just stick the screen where the aluminum element sits, basically:

015-Ford-Mustang-Interior-design-rendering-Theme-A.jpg

02-2015-Ford-Mustang-Interior-design-sketches.jpg
Like Ferrari?

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 1678815352536

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
This is proof positive that just looking at pictures doesn’t tell you the whole story. That’s why I’m reserving final judgement until after I sit behind the wheel.
Oh come on now that is two people in this thread posting reasonable comments. Please stop!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I can’t get enough of the pissing and moaning over stuck on tablets 😂

keep it up guys, I hope there is a whipple screen that uploads when I slap that on.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I can’t get enough of the pissing and moaning over stuck on tablets 😂

keep it up guys, I hope there is a whipple screen that uploads when I slap that on.
The best part will be when the haters get their S650’s and then get on here to tell how great they are in person.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Reading infotainment design and heated/cooled seat complaints has really been the most painful part of waiting for the order books to open. Feels like watching Tesla drivers show off auto park at cars and coffee

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Nobody cares how old you are.

If you don't like the car, go away and move on.
If you do, then buy one.
Simple?
FFS.
You know people are saying their age because of a video talking about why they built the interior because of the age demographic they were going for?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
You know people are saying their age because of a video talking about why they built the interior because of the age demographic they were going for?
Yes, and you do realize that attracting a younger demographic was also discussed way back on September 14 during the launch?

It's old news.

Nobody cares if you're 21 or 91, and nobody need justify their age and why something does or does not appeal.

Time to unsubscribe from this pointless topic.
Sponsored