• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm not an engineer, so please excuse my ignorance when I ask this question...

But in theory, couldn't they offer a "mini-spare" in a size that would clear the brembos?
Yes they could, but they don’t. Guess it’s not worth the cost for the low volume.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yes they could, but they don’t. Guess it’s not worth the cost for the low volume.
That's what I figured.

It just doesn't make sense to me from the standpoint of a consumer, in that I'm paying several thousand dollars more to purchase an option package that will include a more inferior feature (a tire repair kit vs. an actual mini spare) than a standard GT.

But it is what it is.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
So new to cars with potentially no spares, what are the recommendations?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That's what I figured.

It just doesn't make sense to me from the standpoint of a consumer, in that I'm paying several thousand dollars more to purchase an option package that will include a more inferior feature (a tire repair kit vs. an actual mini spare) than a standard GT.

But it is what it is.
Well for the entire run of the S550 the spare was optional so there was no difference. I guess Ford figures if you can afford the PP you can afford the spare. 🤭

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That's what I figured.

But it is what it is.
It could also be that the spare wouldn't fit in the spare tire space in the trunk.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
So new to cars with potentially no spares, what are the recommendations?
You can buy a spare tire kit for the car at a much better price than what Ford list on the order guide. I ordered one from a Ford dealer (can't remember the dealer, but I found them with a google search) before the car arrived at my dealer. I saved some bucks that way.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The AA spare fits (tightly but it fits). PP owners have asked Ford for a spare for nine years with no success.
Ah ok I stand corrected then lol

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
no promises, but i'm gonna see what i can do, but it probably won't have a vehicle representation due to how many things we don't know how they look
S650 Mustang Latest 2024 Mustang Order Guide and Price List (w/ MSRP & Invoice)! 1678071696373

WIP, but it's close to being done, i just need to implement packages auto-selecting other options and costs changing depending on other options (plus make it look nicer, right now it's just a vertical list)
@Blueberrystang2000

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
since they fixed the shiftfork issue in 2018 they have been rock solid. Like I said, gearing aside there isn't really any reason anymore to really care if its MT-82 or the Tremec. Most the issues people complain about are fixed with a better shifter or just changing the shifter bushing for less flex.
My MT-82 leaked twice in 2 seasons on track surely old 2017 model but it has better gearing for track than the insanely long gears on the MT82-D4 which totally kill the car since my 2017 Manual is faster in the 1/4 mile than a 2019 GT with the D4 even though the 2019 has 30 hp more. So overall the MT82 suck balls. And this is before we even talk about the 2nd to 3rd lockouts even with a brand new clutch and the stupid chassis mounted shifter. The TR-3160 is a must have if you plan to track the car. So please stop telling things that you don't understand or do with the trans. Sure if you are only going to shift in the 2000-3000 rpm really doesn't matter what trans you get but then why you don't buy a Prius you know.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
My MT-82 leaked twice in 2 seasons on track surely old 2017 model but it has better gearing for track than the insanely long gears on the MT82-D4 which totally kill the car since my 2017 Manual is faster in the 1/4 mile than a 2019 GT with the D4 even though the 2019 has 30 hp more. So overall the MT82 suck balls. And this is before we even talk about the 2nd to 3rd lockouts even with a brand new clutch and the stupid chassis mounted shifter. The TR-3160 is a must have if you plan to track the car. So please stop telling things that you don't understand or do with the trans. Sure if you are only going to shift in the 2000-3000 rpm really doesn't matter what trans you get but then why you don't buy a Prius you know.
I rev out with redline shifts daily, and never had an issues since I bought the car in 2019. Like i said the forks were changed after 2018. If you have an issues, not be a shit driver. I drive like a fucking asshole and its taken every thing Ive done to it and never given a HINT of an issue.

Also stop acting like 90% of people buying a Mach1 or DH are ever going to go to a track. They aren't. People bitched up and down the 3160 had long as gearing when it came out against the MT-82 at the time. Suddenly its gearing is a godsend LOL. Also if your 2019 is slower than your stock 2017, that's a YOU issue.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
But in theory, couldn't they offer a "mini-spare" in a size that would clear the brembos?
but of course! They just need a spare with a Nissan part number stamped on it.

I guess Ford figures since you're screwed if you have a PP (not-rotatable wheels) you're rich enough to just whip out the CC and cell phone and require a tow truck to get repaired rather than continue your journey with the least amount of disruption.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you have the PP chances are you're going to want a set of winter wheels/tires. Just throw one in the trunk and call it a spare
Sponsored