• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
YES! especially after tesla cut prices across the board by double digit percentages and by the most on plaids, which are superior.
IMO, Tesla's discounts (and the others which followed suite) are something of a one-off or unique.

Times past, Tesla had the EV market to themselves; now, ever major manufacturer is producing them. Tesla's, while well-received, are getting rarer and more expensive; people were buying and immediately flipping them for a profit. They were becoming unaffordable.

Tesla cut prices to hold onto market share.

The DH wasn't designed for and won't be manufactured as a common car or to be used primarily as a DD, although some people can and will use it as one. While Ford does have to sell Mustangs to keep the model alive, it doesn't have to sell DHs in large numbers.

Tesla only sells EVs. They have to sell virtually every one to hold onto their share of the market.

To add even further pain to Tesla, a lot of people in recent past paid full price+premium, only to see the car's value slashed overnight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I can afford a DH just fine, but I'm not a fan of flushing money down the toilet. This car is not worth what it is sticker priced at when there are other cars out there that can out perform it. It's not personal. The car is a product, nothing more, nothing less. The value of that product is overpriced.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The real question is, everyone that’s going for the dark horse. How many of y’all will REALLY be able to get one
I still plan on it, as I wasn't buying the 60k loaded leak. This was always going to be Mach 1 pricing plus inflation. It's actually a very small amount cheaper than I expected, which was about a 3% increase.

Sucks that someone put out that video saying 50 base-60k loaded and getting peoples hopes up.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I still plan on it, as I wasn't buying the 60k loaded leak. This was always going to be Mach 1 pricing plus inflation. It's actually a very small amount cheaper than I expected, which was about a 3% increase.

Sucks that someone put out that video saying 50 base-60k loaded and getting peoples hopes up.
I was in the middle, hoping 55k base, maybe 60k with some options, but 70k isn’t for me. I definitely hope you get an allocation for one.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I can afford a DH just fine, but I'm not a fan of flushing money down the toilet. This car is not worth what it is sticker priced at when there are other cars out there that can out perform it. It's not personal. The car is a product, nothing more, nothing less. The value of that product is overpriced.
This logic dictates only a car that has the highest performance metrics at the lowest price point is worth it, and every other car is trash and throwing money down the toilet.

Hard disagree.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
A C8 outperforms an RS5, M3, Supra, CT4 BW, etc. if your only basis for comparison is performance does it invalidate all of those other more expensive options?

What about purpose? Usability? Wanting a FE/RWD, high revving NA V8 with a manual?

Benchrscing makes sense when you’re comparing two like cars. I’m this case, you’re comparing a purpose built 2-seat sports car to a 2+2 pony

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This logic dictates only a car that has the highest performance value at the lowest price point is worth it, and every other car is trash and throwing money down the toilet.

Hard disagree.
Bro you keep posting the thoughts in my brain right before me 😂

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
This logic dictates only a car that has the highest performance value at the lowest price point is worth it, and every other car is trash and throwing money down the toilet.

Hard disagree.
And that's absolutely cool that you disagree. I happen to firmly believe that if *I* am buying something marketed as a "performance car" then it should be priced as such. There will always be wiggle room in how a company prices it's product, but the DH does not fit the bill of a 70k performance vehicle, when others can be had that out perform it. The Mustang name only gets you so much in marketing.

It does not mean all other cars are trash if it does not meet that spec. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
This is a price I expected honestly I mean you are getting more horsepower and better performance mods also new interior and technology so this isn’t really bad honestly. The main thing is the carbon fiber wheels that’s going to get you into that high category. However this really isn’t bad even with inflation problems honestly.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Exactly where I thought it would be

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I wouldn't quite simplify it that far. At some point when you start with an already unrealistic price (Mach 1) saying how reasonable the new one is is simply missing the point that the reference point was off kilter to begin with.

Any pricing discussion has to be based on a "sensible" baseline and that's the 36-40K base GT. Is there 25K worth of performance and looks and general content in the DH? Slap a factory-supported supercharger in the engine bay and I might give you a 'yes'. Otherwise, no way in hell.

Yes cost-push inflation is running 10%/yr or higher and I'm not about to demand Ford eat it. But at the same time you have to ask what's so broken about Ford's finances and or long-term agreements that they are having to be the outlier vs Dodge and GM who while also raising prices, haven't done so to the same extent.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
And that's absolutely cool that you disagree. I happen to firmly believe that if *I* am buying something marketed as a "performance car" then it should be priced as such. There will always be wiggle room in how a company prices it's product, but the DH does not fit the bill of a 70k performance vehicle, when others can be had that out perform it. The Mustang name only gets you so much in marketing.

It does not mean all other cars are trash if it does not meet that spec. One man's trash is another man's treasure...
Right, again, only the highest performing car at each price point is worth it to you. That's okay. I just disagree.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
This is the part racking my brain from the comments

Pricing increased below the rate of inflation and we know what this car is

The same comparisons exist when we use a new ‘23 Mach 1 as our base

People love complaining to stir the pot
This. The fact that anyone is complaining about this isn't living in reality or is determined to hate on the S650. $1000 more than the outgoing Mach 1? Sign me up. Not to mention, if the S550 went on for one more year, the Mach 1 would be the same exact cost.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This would be valid if your supposed expectations weren't so unreasonable. Ford marginally raises the price on a new product, with marginally improved performance/tech (not to mention the supply chain climate) and a handful of people immediately jump in to complain. A reasonable person would have known this was the minimum increase the day they dropped the specs
Sponsored