• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Is this a Thumbs up or thumbs Down CAR !!! someone make a poll !!!
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The design is gorgeous. Virtually everyone seeing it in person is saying it blows the s550 out of the water. Seems like it's yet another design that you have to see irl because 2D doesn't do it justice.

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT EU
The exterior will grow on me, but the interior is just so generic 20's, like they copied it straight from Kia or Mercedes. Really wish they'd kept the cool digital gauge cluster from the 2018+ and kept more buttons and switches for climate control and such.

Overall I don't think it's either, it's not a dud and I wouldn't mind owning one for a while but it's not the stud I'd spend my own money on either. Definitely not worth selling the S550 for.

Last edited:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2012 BMW 135i FBO w/ MHD Stage 2+, 2015 Hyundai Equus
The exterior looks great except the front bumper of the Dark Horse. The interior is awesome except that huge screen that looks like it was tacked on as an afterthought. The entire dashboard is a disappointment. The steering wheel looks like an SUV steering wheel.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I have to admit I HATED chazcron's renders, especially for some reason the 3 LED headlight. The reveal being cringeworthy notwithstanding I'm starting to really come around to the car. Both interior and exterior. It does bother me a little that I see Camaro for sure, and some Dodge in the front end. But I have to see them in person to fully judge. I think it will be a popular car and online sentiment seems high, especially with the competitors dying off and Ford doubling down on the V8s.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I like it overall. But, I need to see it in person to be fully sure. I don't really like the rear quarter panels and the similarities to the Camaro. But, I know that beef is played out. The extreme concave rear deck is interesting, but will take time to get used to. The taillights have grown on me. I hated them at first. The interior is fine. I do miss the double brow. But, I like the Foxbody homages. I see the S650 as "all new" as much as the Nissan Z is all new compared to the 370Z.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2022
Is this a Thumbs up or thumbs Down CAR !!! someone make a poll !!!
There are already polls going. This has been discussed an numerous threads.

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
There are already polls going. This has been discussed an numerous threads.
Obviously would not have posted if i had seen polls !!! Thanks

BayouDude82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2022 F-150 Raptor
STUD

While not perfect by any means, I really like the new exterior. I like the aggressive front end and headlights. The Darkhorse stance is really good too and the upgraded Coyote with GT500 rods and more aggressive cams should be a great platform to add boost. I would of really liked the rear to feature bigger and more 3D like tail lamps, but it will probably grow on me as it is.

All in all, I think the interior is a big improvement over the S550. One reason I never upgraded my 2015, or 2011 to another S197 for that matter, was having to live with that same interior on a new car as my old one. The techie in me doesn't mind the digital screens, but would of liked to see physical HVAC buttons or switches for basic controls.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
STUD

While not perfect by any means, I really like the new exterior. I like the aggressive front end and headlights. The Darkhorse stance is really good too and the upgraded Coyote with GT500 rods and more aggressive cams should be a great platform to add boost. I would of really liked the rear to feature bigger and more 3D like tail lamps, but it will probably grow on me as it is.

All in all, I think the interior is a big improvement over the S550. One reason I never upgraded my 2015, or 2011 to another S197 for that matter, was having to live with that same interior on a new car as my old one. The techie in me doesn't mind the digital screens, but would of liked to see physical HVAC buttons or switches for basic controls.
Yeah, I expected the exterior styling to be pretty dull, based on what we'd seen. The big surprise to me is how much I like it.

And I like the interior styling. I like the display. It's interesting that they're using the Unreal gaming engine, which is also being used in a lot high-end TV and some movie production these days to generate virtual sets and environments.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
STUD

Has in been confirmed that the coyote has some gt500 parts?

BayouDude82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2022 F-150 Raptor
Yes, but only in the Darkhorse trim. This will be similar to when we had the Boss 302 with the S197. That had forged rods, ported heads, intake manifold, and a hotter cam setup to make 444hp over the standard GT's 412hp for 2012 and 420hp for 2013.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I like it...but the back end looks sorta like a Camaro. That said, I like it mechanically, and the looks are not bad at all to me.

I love the Dark Horse badge
Sponsored