• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
S650 Mustang Ford announces 7th Gen Mustang S650 with teaser sound clip! 🔊 8A384EE6-9E20-4E25-B151-BF18CD1EE30A

Last edited by a moderator:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Well that sound clip is something at least. I dig the new sound, sounds a little beefier, less raspy imo.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
Well that sound clip is something at least. I dig the new sound, sounds a little beefier, less raspy imo.
Someone leaked some info showing Ford contracting a new 6.8L V8 option at the Windsor plant. It’s possible that this is what we are hearing. Union President Jerry Dias said that it is for the F150 and the Mustang, but nothing specifically was said to if it’s going to be an option, specific to certain sub models, for a SUV variant (think gas Mach E), etc.

The only thing that I find hard to believe with it replacing the coyote entirely is last year Ford struck a deal with the Australia Supercar series to produce the new Gen 3 model using the factory powertrain as a base. This was a pretty big departure from the previous engine platform they’ve used for decades (5.0L OHV, ITB’s, billet parts, etc) and it’s going to reduce the cost of building their engines by half. All that being said, I find it hard to believe that they have worked so closely with Ford performance to make a new Gen racecar that, by the new rules, uses the factory power train just to have the new year model of the car use a different powertrain. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yea doesn't sound like the 5.0, unless something has been revised.

5.0 or 6.8, at least manual transmission is confirmed.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
That 100% doesn't sound like a big OHV and sounds exactly like a less raspier/resonated Coyote.
Well, something to consider is the new Gen 3 Australian supercar has a homologated coyote that's been bored and stroked to a 5.4L. Would it be a stretch to consider that as a potential option? Word is that Ford Performance worked pretty hard on getting the 5.4L setup to be reliable, given that's a major factor in the series. Personally, I would be ecstatic to see the Gen 4 coyote be that displacement with whatever revisions and improvements they've supposedly made.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Well, something to consider is the new Gen 3 Australian supercar has a homologated coyote that's been bored and stroked to a 5.4L. Would it be a stretch to consider that as a potential option? Word is that Ford Performance worked pretty hard on getting the 5.4L setup to be reliable, given that's a major factor in the series. Personally, I would be ecstatic to see the Gen 4 coyote be that displacement with whatever revisions and improvements they've supposedly made.
And the GT3 racecar is confirmed to be running a 5.5L Coyote presumably Gen 4. So we can hope for a 5.5L Coyote Manual (hopefully with a TR-3160 or better).

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
And the GT3 racecar is confirmed to be running a 5.5L Coyote presumably Gen 4. So we can hope for a 5.5L Coyote Manual (hopefully with a TR-3160 or better).
interesting. I haven't kept up with the GT3 news, so this is promising.

I know I'm going to be the odd one out on this, but I hope the Gen 4 coyote goes back to strictly port injection. Probably a fat chance of that but if the Gen 3 supercar is any indication, it just might.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Would it be a stretch to consider that as a potential option?
I think so. It would take a substantial re-work of the block to be able to have the bore that big on plasma liners. There's almost no reason for them to go bigger on the Coyote/DOHC platform when they have a big OHV if they want to go crazy.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
I think so. It would take a substantial re-work of the block to be able to have the bore that big on plasma liners. There's almost no reason for them to go bigger on the Coyote/DOHC platform when they have a big OHV if they want to go crazy.
I don't think it would take a rework as 5.4L is already possible with 3.700 bore liners and a 3.840 stroker crank. Granted, they would probably have to abandon the plasma arc liners to do this, but I would actually see that as a plus. Boosted guys would love having an iron liner from the factory again.

Edit: Actually, a 5.2 voodoo/predator block with a 3.84 stroker crank would make 5.4L so no real rework needed there.