• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
Interesting that it wonā€™t use the 5.2l cross plane engine. Also wonder if the suspension work or transaxle carry over to future production variants.
I'm also curious if the rear transaxle will make it onto a production variant. If it does, that means that it's almost inevitable that the Mustang will go mid-engine within the next 20 years. (That is, if it still has an ICE option.) Too bad I'll be too old by then to even care anymore. šŸ˜­

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
I'm also curious if the rear transaxle will make it onto a production variant. If it does, that means that it's almost inevitable that the Mustang will go mid-engine within the next 20 years. (That is, if it still has an ICE option.) Too bad I'll be too old by then to even care anymore. šŸ˜­
I would not read too much into the transaxle of the GT3. It will be a bespoke race car built by Multimatic, not Ford. Same as the current GT4 Mustang. BTW, the gearbox for the GT4 is built in my home city here in Australia.

Ford Performance is involved in the homologation of the Supercar Mustangs that race in Australia and New Zealand, and they have always run a ā€˜controlā€˜ transaxle. (Below)

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 IMSA race car is coming in 2024. Ford previews S650 Mustang Silhouette! Gen3

Last edited:

SkyZykS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT manual fastback.
Whatever it looks like it's shaping to be a car worth the wait. I'll be first in line when it's released!

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Hard to tell, the roof of the teaser looks slightly more upright to me, while still retaining a fastback design.
Agree on the roof. Looks more of a bubble. Difficult to imagine fastback/length with rear wing.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Agree on the roof. Looks more of a bubble. Difficult to imagine fastback/length with rear wing.
Right, I really do see the comparison with the gen 2 Viper. Not a bad thing, I need to see more! Bring on the leaks and spy photos!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I wouldn't even be sure if the released picture is an actual photo. It looks a bit like a rendering to me which shouldn't necessary be 100% close to the real lines.
Especially the mirrors being before the A pillar doesn't really make sense to me. A driver wouldn't be able to see the mirrors behind the pillars

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I wouldn't even be sure if the released picture is an actual photo. It looks a bit like a rendering to me which shouldn't necessary be 100% close to the real lines.
Especially the mirrors being before the A pillar doesn't really make sense to me. A driver wouldn't be able to see the mirrors behind the pillars
I have to agree it's probably not accurate lines.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I've always proposed that Ford take a Mustang, cut 6-8 inches off behind the driver's seat, lose the back seat and release a 2-seater sports car Lincoln. Upgrade the heck out of the interior, Eco-Boost the Coyote and you could have a Jag XK, Merc GT S, competitor.
This, plus a four door version that ISN'T branded as a Mustang. Give me a two door Lincoln and a four door Lincoln, based on this chassis, with a 5.0L and a manual, and I'm in.

JR

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Gt3 cars often have their own mirror placement, so that isn't the same placement as the street car most likely. Not to mention, I believe many racecars just house cameras in the mirrors, so the placement would prioritize aero above everything else.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Also, I know they did if for functional reasons, but the mirrors on the bronco are placed pretty far forward. It doesn't seem to impact the effectiveness of the mirrors too much there, so it could work on the s650 as well.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also, I know they did if for functional reasons, but the mirrors on the bronco are placed pretty far forward. It doesn't seem to impact the effectiveness of the mirrors too much there, so it could work on the s650 as well.
The mirrors on the Bronco are more forward than normal as they had to still be usable with the doors removed :)