• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020 F150 Limited
Eh; it's only money. No big deal.

And just so you know you are not the only one not getting X plan. Finding a new dealer isn't the best advice. Good for you for hanging in.
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Xplan is available to military and its retirees for the record.... I mentioned xplan but also explained I am military retired but I forgot about the pin part... I don't think that will be an issue... wasn't asked for a pin but it is definitely ordered under xplan

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Xplan is available to military and its retirees for the record.... I mentioned xplan but also explained I am military retired but I forgot about the pin part... I don't think that will be an issue... wasn't asked for a pin but it is definitely ordered under xplan
You will only need the Pin when you take delivery, I actually used the 1st Pin I generated specifically for the Mustang, on a '14 Focus so they aren't picky as long as you have the Pin and can show your MCA card was issued 2 months ago..

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will only need the Pin when you take delivery, I actually used the 1st Pin I generated specifically for the Mustang, on a '14 Focus so they aren't picky as long as you have the Pin and can show your MCA card was issued 2 months ago..
I don't have an mca membership... Ford has a fleet contract with military and government so I don't think it will require something else because it does include retirees of partners ... I think I read it right

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think read into your comment too much..lol hanging on a 2 hour nap from yesterday at 3 am.... Power outage till midnight... I am about dead...lol

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Everyone needs to realize that ford doesn't require the mustang be included in x plan at participating dealers (dealers do not have to participate in x plan). It's the dealerships decision weather to do it.

But a good dealership with a good customer, there is no reason not to

I use x plan due to working for a ford supplier. But I don't even bother anymore. My dealership does it for me due to being a long time returning customer (same reason I got their one LE at sticker and was offered a Shelby at invoice).

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I was able to get x plan pricing on my order yesterday. Pumped!! Has anyone had success negotiating the adv and delivery fees?

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I need some advice.

On May 28 I went into my local Ford dealer where I've probably purchased 15 + vehicles over the years. The fleet manager who is also co-owner said he wouldn't give me X plan but said he'd give me invoice for the car and not gouge. At the time I thought this was fair enough as he was giving me their only allotted car. I have seen countless people here in the forums get X plan and I am really feeling cheated by my dealership. I also have been in talks with them about a 2015 F150 and he said without a doubt he'd give me X plan on that but didn't want to on the Mustang.

Now I'm headed there tomorrow to order the truck and use X plan and I really want to bring up how upset I am about him not giving me X on the mustang. Does he have the right to refuse x plan on the mustang when they obviously honor x plan and will give it to me on the F150? Do I have a leg to stand on? I don't really wanna ruin my relationship here but he's asking me to pay $3k more than I should have to.

Can I still get X plan at this point if it wasn't ordered that way from day one?

I though I read that me using x plan does not cost the dealership anything. As in they make the same profit from the sale either way. Is this true? I would like to know for sure so I can use this as ammunition in my defense.

Really but hurt about this and wonder what you guys who may have real experience with this think.

Please only responses with serious opinions not just saying to go somewhere else and get a car because at this point I sure don't want to go to the end of the line and start all over again......

Thanks in advance

Jaime

Having just read the whole thread, I'd say that you should ask them to give you X-Plan on your Mustang, especially if you've bought that many cars there.

It would tick me off that the dealership is willing to possibly lose a good long term customer for what in the long run, isn't a big profit. My thinking is that I reward loyalty with loyalty. If you treat me like a valued customer, I'll reward that with my business.

You can buy a 2015 Mustang ANYWHERE in the country for sticker, so they aren't treating you like a valued, long term customer (keyword being Valued). I wouldn't reward that by giving them my business.

You have your reasons for being loyal to them, and I'm not questioning or putting those down, but when the Guys here said look somewhere else, I have to agree with them, unless................You sit down and explain this to the Guy you talk to about the car before (the co-owner), but as in any negotiation, you have to be willing to walk away if things don't go your way or just pony up and buy the car for sticker!

In time, maybe just having the car to enjoy will make you forget all about paying the $3k difference. It's all in what you're willing to do.

Best of Luck to you. :thumbsup:

dkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Hi everyone.
If I would sign up at MCA, could I use that X-plan pin in Canada to order a Mustang? My dealer printed out my Mustang build and it showed up on paper with $40,299 MRSP. After chatting a bit, he offered me the car to $34,500 "flat price" including D&D and all fees - plus tax.

EB PREMIUM: P8T-201A (including SHAKER pro etc.)
Navigation: 91N
Premium trim: 68B
Auto. T.: 443
Rear P. A.: 77R
Spare Tire: 66W
D&D: $1,600
AC fee: $100

Order place would be in Canada Alberta.

Did I get a good offer from my dealer?
I'm not completely sure how the MCA x-plan deal works for Canada but I'm pretty sure the pin I got from my employer doesn't work with the US site. I think the x-plan pricing formula for us is also a little different than in the US.

I believe US is invoice less 0.04 but ours is a-plan plus 0.04. It could end up being the same discount percentage but it definitely makes it harder to calculate exactly what our discounts end up being since we'd need to know what the a-plan price is.

Looking at the pricing on the unhaggle pricing it looks like you made out okay. Which dealership did you deal with? I'm also in Alberta and I haven't found dealers here that helpful.

If you want I could try contacting your dealer with my x-plan pin to see if they'll tell me what the x-plan discount should be for your order.

Ecoboost_Jim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red, manual
Well gang I just ordered my Ecoboost premium, nav, auto, 50th anniversary package, DIB. Now the waiting. ..

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I'm not completely sure how the MCA x-plan deal works for Canada but I'm pretty sure the pin I got from my employer doesn't work with the US site. I think the x-plan pricing formula for us is also a little different than in the US.

I believe US is invoice less 0.04 but ours is a-plan plus 0.04. It could end up being the same discount percentage but it definitely makes it harder to calculate exactly what our discounts end up being since we'd need to know what the a-plan price is.

Looking at the pricing on the unhaggle pricing it looks like you made out okay. Which dealership did you deal with? I'm also in Alberta and I haven't found dealers here that helpful.

If you want I could try contacting your dealer with my x-plan pin to see if they'll tell me what the x-plan discount should be for your order.
I ended up $2500 under invoice so there was no need for x-plan. But you can try what you could get for you. I ordered my EcoBooster Premium at Kentwood Ford in Edmonton. Ask for Gavin Lawrence. They are closed on Sunday!

dkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I ended up $680 under invoice so there was no need for x-plan. But you can try what you could get for you. I ordered my EcoBooster Premium at Kentwood Ford in Edmonton. Ask for Gavin Lawrence. They are closed on Sunday!
Great thanks for the tip. I'll probably look around southern Alberta first but I'll definitely give him a shot if I can't find any there here.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I need some advice.

On May 28 I went into my local Ford dealer where I've probably purchased 15 + vehicles over the years. The fleet manager who is also co-owner said he wouldn't give me X plan but said he'd give me invoice for the car and not gouge.
I got mine at invoice. You realize that's just a touch less than X-Plan? X-Plan is 99.6% x Invoice, plus $275. (Also plus the advertising and fuel fees, but he'll likely charge those on the invoice deal too, so no matter.)

If the Invoice is $36,000, that's your price. X-Plan would be $36,131.

So don't blame your dealer for doing you a favor.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I got mine at invoice. You realize that's just a touch less than X-Plan? X-Plan is 99.6% x Invoice, plus $275. (Also plus the advertising and fuel fees, but he'll likely charge those on the invoice deal too, so no matter.)

If the Invoice is $36,000, that's your price. X-Plan would be $36,131.

So don't blame your dealer for doing you a favor.
I think later in the thread he mentioned he actually got charged MSRP and accidentally said invoice.
Sponsored