• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

dkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Here's the old disclaimer for the Costco deal Ford Canada used to have on their site:

43 Offer only valid from December 3, 2013 to January 31, 2014 (the "Offer Period") to resident Canadians with an eligible Costco membership on or before November 30, 2013 who purchase or lease of a new 2013/2014 Ford (excluding Fiesta, Focus, C-Max, Raptor, GT500, Mustang Boss 302, Transit Connect EV, and Medium Truck) or Lincoln vehicle (each an "Eligible Vehicle"). Limit one (1) offer per each Eligible Vehicle purchase or lease, up to a maximum of two (2) separate Eligible Vehicle sales per Costco Membership Number. Offer is transferable to persons domiciled with an eligible Costco member. Applicable taxes calculated before CAD$1,000 offer is deducted. Dealer may sell or lease for less. Limited time offer. Offers only valid at participating dealers. Retail offers may be cancelled or changed at any time without notice. See your Ford Dealer for complete details or call the Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673. For factory orders, a customer may either take advantage of eligible Ford retail customer promotional incentives/offers available at the time of vehicle factory order or time of vehicle delivery, but not both or combinations thereof. Retail offers not combinable with any CPA/GPC or Daily Rental incentives, the Commercial Upfit Program or the Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP).
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
My dealer said, if in October/November when my car arrives, he would take of the Costco rebate if there is one. :ford:

dkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
My dealer said, if in October/November when my car arrives, he would take of the Costco rebate if there is one. :ford:
For Canadians I think it's going to be tough to beat X-plan plus Costco rebate. I think together they should come in lower than A-plan by at least a few hundred dollars (although you should be able to apply it to A-plan as well).

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'm hoping they also have a 1.9% financing option.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
My dealer also said my X-plan order would be eligible for any incentives at delivery. Hope there are some I can find.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Yeah, I'm definitely going in with something from the CU, just not sure what rate they'll quote me yet. Hopefully less than 2%, that would be nice.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, I'm definitely going in with something from the CU, just not sure what rate they'll quote me yet. Hopefully less than 2%, that would be nice.
Same here. I'm hoping for 1.9% for 60.

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
will placing an order or buying one straight from the dealers lot with the x plan pricing be more difficult later on if these cars start selling like hot cakes?

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
will placing an order or buying one straight from the dealers lot with the x plan pricing be more difficult later on if these cars start selling like hot cakes?
Unlikely to be a problem in my opinion and what I'm hearing from my local dealers. Ford has a reimbursement schedule that is included in the plans so the dealer isn't losing out. Trying to negotiate a discount without qualifying for one of the plans will probably be much harder if they sell very well, at least in the beginning.

I also think that after production kicks in there will be no shortage of these cars, at least not on the scale I am used to when I ordered my C7. For all of 2014 you couldn't find a Z51 car that was not sold, or marked up with a ridiculous "market adjustment", so ordering was the only way to go. But, they only made 35,523 C7's (official numbers not released, not including the 1,000 Premier Edition cars) for 2014. That number is actually quite large for Corvettes and usually as the models age the production slows to 10-15k unites a year. The Mustang will be made in much larger numbers over the entire life of the generation, I'm sure.

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unlikely to be a problem in my opinion and what I'm hearing from my local dealers. Ford has a reimbursement schedule that is included in the plans so the dealer isn't losing out. Trying to negotiate a discount without qualifying for one of the plans will probably be much harder if they sell very well, at least in the beginning.
As long as you are willing to wait for your vehicle to be built, you can always order your car X-Plan. Some dealers will allow you to purchase from the lot at X-Plan, but they've got to have inventory to allow that.
Sponsored