• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

interestinganimals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opel
I completely agree with dgc333. The sales agreement has had to be crossed out and be changed to $100. Off topic, this is so funny!
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Baz, actually it is up to the dealer weather to participate in x plan or not. Also, if they do elect to participate, only stuff on the lot and certain lines have to be, per ford. Mustang is not one of those lines. However most dealerships will do it as it increases their sales and allotments, and they have the opportunity to get your old car for trade in. Some will even xplan shelbies but usually only for certain customers.
I just factory ordered a 17 Mustang and purchased it on the X-Plan. I built the car I wanted on the X-Plan site. The only vehicles that were not eligible for X-Plan when I ordered my car in May we're the GT350, Focus RS and Raptor and there is no mention in the rules that the car has to come from dealer inventory. When you build the car on the X-Plan site it is the same as the regular site but all the pricing reflects the X-Plan prices and it includes any rebates available in the bottom line. I got $1400 and another $500 for using Ford Credit.

I have purchased 4 Ford's since 2011 (2 were Mustangs) using X-Plan, two were factory ordered and 2 were brought in from other dealership inventory. It is a easy way to get a fair price with no negotiating.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
yes the plan is wonderful for custom orders, my gt350 is first car I bought not on the plan..

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
Excellent advice. I joined the MCA for $50 and then ordered my 2018 GT Premium Convertible with a discount of $2,664. No sixty day wait. Many thanks.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Thanks to everyone for all the info. This is a great resource, particularly for being able to do a customer order at a fair price.

I've seen some mention of dealers adding advertising or fuel charges on to X-plan pricing (if I'm reading the posters right). Reading through the X-plan information, these charges are already included on the sample invoices that are used for provide example X-plan pricing.

Does the X-plan pricing that is shown when you Build & Price or search inventory from the X-plan site not already include these charges? I like to go into a dealer knowing within a few dollars what the numbers should look like. I find that's your best weapon in preventing any shenanigans. These charges would be a bit of a wild card if they're not already included.

I plan to hit a couple of dealers soon to quiz them on their X-plan order process before deciding where to order from. I'm compiling a list of questions to ask. If there are any questions that you wish you would have asked that haven't been covered here please chime in.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
When I bought my 2015 GT, I sent emails to half a dozen dealers and told them I was looking for pricing better than X-plan. One dealer did beat X-plan significantly, while the others said they couldn't. Of course I purchased from the dealer that beat X-plan. Good luck!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
When I bought my 2015 GT, I sent emails to half a dozen dealers and told them I was looking for pricing better than X-plan. One dealer did beat X-plan significantly, while the others said they couldn't. Of course I purchased from the dealer that beat X-plan. Good luck!
Good to know. Two questions, how long after the '15 release was that and are we talking a custom order or off the lot? I'd love to beat X-plan on an order but I'm not getting my hopes up.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
nrc - I placed my custom order in January 2015 and took delivery the first week of March. It's worth a try to reach out to multiple dealers to see what they will do for you. The idea is to get dealers to compete for your business.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to everyone for all the info. This is a great resource, particularly for being able to do a customer order at a fair price.

I've seen some mention of dealers adding advertising or fuel charges on to X-plan pricing (if I'm reading the posters right). Reading through the X-plan information, these charges are already included on the sample invoices that are used for provide example X-plan pricing.

Does the X-plan pricing that is shown when you Build & Price or search inventory from the X-plan site not already include these charges? I like to go into a dealer knowing within a few dollars what the numbers should look like. I find that's your best weapon in preventing any shenanigans. These charges would be a bit of a wild card if they're not already included.

I plan to hit a couple of dealers soon to quiz them on their X-plan order process before deciding where to order from. I'm compiling a list of questions to ask. If there are any questions that you wish you would have asked that haven't been covered here please chime in.
I have purchased 4 cars using X plan and the price before rebates was to the penny the same as what the X plan site said it would be with the exception of my first Mustang which came off the lot and was built prior to a price increase so it was less. I did have to remind the business manager on two of the cars that was writing up the sales that the documentation fee that was pre-printed on the sales order form is limited to $100 but they fixed it without hassle.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Thanks all, I've read through this entire thread and it's difficult sometimes to filter out the contradictory and incorrect information.

I'll definitely be hitting multiple dealers equipped with all the information I've gathered -
invoice, holdback, X-plan, etc. I find that things get serious in a hurry when they understand that you know the numbers. I'll narrow it down via email since I don't want to waste my time on dealers not willing to do an order.

It will be interesting. Normally trying to do a deal on a new model with older inventory gathering dust is a challenge but I'm hoping that they'll see that they're going to be securing a sale that will be delivered during a normally slow time.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Thanks all, I've read through this entire thread and it's difficult sometimes to filter out the contradictory and incorrect information.

I'll definitely be hitting multiple dealers equipped with all the information I've gathered -
invoice, holdback, X-plan, etc. I find that things get serious in a hurry when they understand that you know the numbers. I'll narrow it down via email since I don't want to waste my time on dealers not willing to do an order.

It will be interesting. Normally trying to do a deal on a new model with older inventory gathering dust is a challenge but I'm hoping that they'll see that they're going to be securing a sale that will be delivered during a normally slow time.
Be careful I had two dealers ignore me until I found the one I ordered through. I called the New Car manager and asked him about my order (it was coming through on Cotus as a 2017 truck.) He put my mind at ease telling me it was clean and unscheduled. And I'm using the X-plan as well which was no problem I just have to print off the code before I pick it up so they can put it in their system. I'm betting they won't build retail orders till December now. Which sucks :(

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Its to late to order a 17, they are taking orders for 18s but the factory is currently shut down until the inventory of 17s is reduced.
Sponsored