• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Would you buy a permanently locked ecu 650 mustang ?

Would you buy a permanently locked ecu 650 mustang ?

• Total voters

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
For personal use, yes. For track use, no.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Put it this way, :like:If it’s locked anywhere near my Mach 1 I’m certain no one will be disappointed in the performance. That’s 4 Sure.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
In my experience with multiple remote tuners, they up the power and simultaneously make your car run like shit anyways. People should thank Ford for protecting them from themselves
remote tune? Sheesh. Good luck.
That’s why you take the car to the nearest reputable dyno shop for a tune after installing your mods. Get a baseline then tune for the actual setup. And unless you did something crazy with cams, your car should run stock quality.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
It will only be locked to non partner vendors. I guarantee Ford Performance, Roush, possibly LIvernois and other tuners will have access to tuning this vehicle. These tuners already offer CARB tunes for current models. This is the future regardless of brand of manufacture.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW turbo
We could be yelling fire before anyone's lit a match. Ford has indicated the new S650 ECU will be harder for 3rd party tuners to work with but they haven't said it's locked. What they are doing is joining the 21st century by having the ECU code encrypted so maybe no hackers can get into the car and hijack it or crash it. Remember the white hat hackers that drove a Jeep Cherokee off the road to prove how unsecure their chips were? It could lead to limiting how many tune companies can pony up (LOL) the dollar Ford will want for code access. Maybe the marginal players get left behind, but I expect the big players will be there.