• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
cause it’s a new engine and the wear metals from break in get in the oil. Some people wait some people don’t. I’m sure it’s 5w-30 i haven’t looked at the cap. But it’s in the manual too.
Thanks man might have to do mine soon then! If is 5W-30, just wondering if it’s motorcraft or mobil 1, etc. that they use from the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Thanks man might have to do mine soon then! If is 5W-30, just wondering if it’s motorcraft or mobil 1, etc. that they use from the factory.
No clue what they use from the factory. My guess is Motorcraft Semi-synthetic. But run what you want. I’ll be doing Quaker State Ultimate or SuperTech Full Synthetic or maybe Pennzoil Platinum if i can get it for a similar price as the others. Bob is the oil guy and past oil samples have shown these oils work for my rides.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
What is the BEST procedure to store it for 5 month, no start in this storage time Either?
Never downs that before. But i think I’d store it with full fuel to help keep moisture out and some fuel stabilizer in the tank too. I’d try and find non ethanol fuel too but most can’t these days.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2020 F-150 Lariat
Got an about 1100k on the odometer now. I haven’t really pushed it. I wil bring her in around 4k and use some of those Fordpass points for my 1st freebie.

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I know this has probably been answered somewhere else.

Does everyone go with full synthetic? Popular brand?

Mine will hit 1000 this weekend. I will probably put it away in a few weeks.
When I did mine, I used Valvoline Full Synth 👍🏽👍🏽

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
What is the BEST procedure to store it for 5 month, no start in this storage time Either?
I did not start mine while stored. IMO, it's better to let it sit, unless you're going to drive the car long enough to come up to full operating temperatures.

Inserted is a quote from another thread:

Last year was the first with my car, the first Winter in storage.

Did virtually everything the OP did.

Last November, I'd just crossed 1000 mi / 1600 km.

- Full tank of fuel
- Stabil
- Full detailing, inside and out
- Inflated tires to 40 psi, 2.75 bar
- Did not set parking brake (stored inside garage)
- Placed wheel chocks, forwards and back
- Left in neutral (M6)
- Attached to tender
- Covered

During storage, I'd occasionally check under the hood and under the car, to ensure nothing was leaking, and to ensure a family of varmints hadn't moved in. Every once in a while, unlocked the car, to wake it up, then locked again. Otherwise, did nothing.

In April, I went to start the car; she started as if I'd turned the car off five minutes before. No stumble, hesitation, smoke or weird noises. Immediately got oil pressure and smooth idling.

Did not experience any flat spotting of tires, even temporarily.

Coming out of storage, I was down to about 27% on the Oil Life Monitor; this was the original, factory fill. I changed the oil after a few weeks. Oil analysis came back normal for that first season.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Got an about 1100k on the odometer now. I haven’t really pushed it. I wil bring her in around 4k and use some of those Fordpass points for my 1st freebie.
I’m at like 1400 and found Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic made from Natural Gas cheaper than Quaker State Ultimate so i went that route. I’ll be changing the oil tomorrow.
Sponsored