• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What is everyone using to clean info screens

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Seems like many screen cleaners suck. What is working or not? I tried using a microfiber for cleaning glasses but it didn't work that well.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I haven't cleaned my screen yet but I am going to use the best glass cleaner I have. A white terry cloth shop rag that has been washed one or more times with distilled or reverse osmosis water in a spray bottle. You don't have to worry about chemicals damaging the screen or leaving a deposit behind.
My eye glasses are cleaned with a tiny drop of dish soap on my fingers, rinsed then followed by distilled or reverse osmosis water.
For glass, you could use something like windex followed with a rinse but I think the screen is plastic so until I learn otherwise, I am sticking with water.
I started this approach because in grade school I was a projectionist and we clean the lens on the projectors with about 10% alcohol and 90% distilled water. Most of the time glass is dirty but not really greasy so you don't need much to cut the dirt.
The glass starts cleaner and because there is nothing to attract or hold dirt, it stays cleaner longer.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I've only dusted my screens with a microfiber towel. That also has worked fine with clearing any fingerprints. Not sure how often you would actually have to "wash" the screens unless you are sneezing constantly on them or you smoke cigarettes..., lol.

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I use this on my car screens, phone, TV and computer. Works great and you get two bottles.

JiaTeums Car Screen Cleaner, Non-Drip Laptopn Cleaning Spray with Wipe Cloth for CD LCD LED Computer Phone Electronic, Monitor, Glasses (200ml/6.7oz x2) https://a.co/d/9sirbAN

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
In most cases, a lightly damp low pile microfiber towel should deal with infotainment screens.

Otherwise, you want something that will "flash" away to leave a streak free finish. That would include most automotive glass cleaners, in which case, the classic Stoner Invisible Glass would be my choice. Rather than saturating the screen with liquid, apply to the towel and then wipe.

S650 Mustang What is everyone using to clean info screens feb2192

You can also use something like Koch Chemie ASC. From what I have been told, ASC is one of the safest interior cleaners/detailers when used around electronic buttons, switches and screens. A lot of that comes down the IPA element, meaning any lingering residue evaporates and prevents these areas remaining damp and causing damage.

Koch-Chemie - Allround Surface Cleaner | The Rag Company

S650 Mustang What is everyone using to clean info screens IMG-4984

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://gyeonusa.com/products/q-m-interior-detailer

I've used Gyeon's Interior Detailer and been happy with the results.

https://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner.html

I've also been using Invisible Glass on a variety of surfaces.

Whenever you clean your screens, I'd do so in a covered area, when the screen is at room temperature. Apply the product to one side of a microfiber towel, wipe/clean in one direction. Use the dry side of the microfiber to buff or remove any residue.

When I'm doing glass or screens, I use just enough product to get the job done, but not so much things are dripping or just sitting there. The less amount of product lends to things evaporating off better (IMO), without any tells left behind.

Edit: long-term, with detailing screens in-particular, always maintain separation from all other towels. For example, all my white waffle-like towels are glass and screen only. Nothing else. I have six. When all six have been used, they are washed by themselves.

Last edited:

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
I just use a damp microfiber cloth. Most products will leave streaks. JMO.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have been using a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water on every screen I use for the last 10 years, I have had no issues.

Last edited:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just use a damp microfiber cloth. Most products will leave streaks. JMO.
This. I find a dry microfiber cloth that will easily wipe the fingerprints away. You may need to use water for some of those more stubborn fingerprints.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I've only dusted my screens with a microfiber towel. That also has worked fine with clearing any fingerprints.
:like: I've tried all kinds of glass cleaning products over the years and always go back to water. I lightly dampen a very soft microfiber towel and use it on my screen and dash display.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
Seeing the fingerprints on the screen bugs me so for in between cleans, I found this on Etsy, just like the one that DannyJ7 posted above but this one is a little extra.

S650 Mustang What is everyone using to clean info screens Screenshot_20240119_112907_Etsy

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
This is what I use and it can also be used on other plastics as well. No streaking and a little goes a long way.
S650 Mustang What is everyone using to clean info screens IMG_6007

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Seeing the fingerprints on the screen bugs me so for in between cleans, I found this on Etsy, just like the one that DannyJ7 posted above but this one is a little extra.

Screenshot_20240119_112907_Etsy.jpg
Where do I get one? Link please!
Sponsored