• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang?

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It replaced my Oxford white 2015 Mustang GT with a 2024 GT 301A PP AE Atlas white, the 2015 was stock with standard equipped as i bought it off a lot with 32k miles at the age of 19. I owned it for 3 years and put 35k miles on it. It did have $4,500 dollar aftermarket catskin white and black leather seats. I had done window tint, black badges, caliper paint, vinyl flags, black spoiler, black hood vents, cat back muffler delete MBRP H-Pipe, CAI, VMP tuned, with SVE 357s. I loved the car but started feeling like it wasn't what i wanted anymore. I started shopping around for New Tacoma's but then the day i found the truck i wanted, the 2024 Mustang was revealed. I don't think i have ever changed my mind on something so fast. I was the first order my dealership had on 3/27! I sold the 2015 private party somewhat local so i still see it around every now and then.

2015.jpeg

20151.jpeg

20152.jpeg

20153.jpeg

20154.jpeg
I like seeing the responses that have people replacing there Mustangs for another one! And I'm kind of getting the impression that Mustangs are quite the aftermarket mod car. Which is good, sense I'm not really ending up with exactly what I wanted.
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I like seeing the responses that have people replacing there Mustangs for another one! And I'm kind of getting the impression that Mustangs are quite the aftermarket mod car. Which is good, sense I'm not really ending up with exactly what I wanted.
They are very good at being customizable to your own taste!

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Replacing a Toyota Solara convertible 2008 with 70k miles with Ecoboost Premium convertible. Nothing wrong with the Solara but lower priced convertibles have been steadily disappearing from the market and I was afraid that when I did need to replace it I would not find anything I wanted to buy. It is a 4th car in our family so spending 80k for an Audi or whatever is hard to justify but the Ecoboost with Ford 360 is about 45k so much more palatable. I could see the convertible option disappearing from the Ecoboost in the future so I wanted to get it while I can. I also drive a lot of miles so I don’t really want the GT because I want the better gas mileage.
Yeah. Left to my own devices, I would have just ordered another Corvette. But, a $90k car was a tough sell with the wife!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Have you had other sports/muscle cars in the past? If so , what were those?
The SRT is really the only muscle car (suv) I've ever owned. The first car I ever bought was a 1990 Nissan 240SX which is sort of a sports car. Totally loved that car and had it for like 12 years.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
I'm replacing my 2006 Mustang GT Premium, 71167.9 miles, 5sp, cold air intake, underdrive pulleys and Diablo tuner. Unfortunately, I hit a deer doing 55mph and the insurance company totaled it out. I could have it rebuilt, but they say it's just not the same as it was.
I had 17/18 great years with it and with the new Mustangs coming out I decided to let this one go and pick up a new Stang. Ordered a Dark Horse Premium, Carbonized Gray, AT, HP, Painted Hood and Accent Stripe. Down size that it looks like I"ll be waiting awhile. Ordered it 7/17/23.
S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 0
S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 1

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 1_1

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 2

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 4

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? Car 6

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm replacing my 2006 Mustang GT Premium, 71167.9 miles, 5sp, cold air intake, underdrive pulleys and Diablo tuner. Unfortunately, I hit a deer doing 55mph and the insurance company totaled it out. I could have it rebuilt, but they say it's just not the same as it was.
I had 17/18 great years with it and with the new Mustangs coming out I decided to let this one go and pick up a new Stang. Ordered a Dark Horse Premium, Carbonized Gray, AT, HP, Painted Hood and Accent Stripe. Down size that it looks like I"ll be waiting awhile. Ordered it 7/17/23.
Car 0.jpg
Car 1.jpg

Car 1_1.jpg

Car 2.jpg

Car 4.jpg

Car 6.jpg

[/QUOTE
The SRT is really the only muscle car (suv) I've ever owned. The first car I ever bought was a 1990 Nissan 240SX which is sort of a sports car. Totally loved that car and had it for like 12 years.
It wasn't my first sports car, but I had an '83 Toyota Celica GTS for several years. It was the last sports that I bought new. I loved that car. It was also the only red car I ever owned, until I take delivery of my new Mustang.

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Car 0.jpg
Car 1.jpg

Car 1_1.jpg

Car 2.jpg

Car 4.jpg

Car 6.jpg
Not sure how my reply post to your post ended up as a double post reply to somebody else's post. But, I'm sorry to see how things ended for your last Mustang. I'm sure it was "fixable" in absolute terms. But it is probably true that it would ever have been quite the same. Hope your new Mustang gives you another great 18 year run!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2012 Volvo S60 T6
A 2022 bronco sport badlands that I absolutely loved and miss. Only got 2100km on it. Got it new for a good deal. Out of 6 months of ownership I only got to drive it for 3. God damned squirrels kept eating the wires. They were attacking all the trucks in our condo and my sport. Decided to trade it in. Negative equity sucks but it's been nearly two weeks and no squirrel issue lol. Where as with the bronco I couldn't even get 7 days.

I love my ecoboost, but damn I miss my badlands.

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
2015 Acura TLX.

Sold it back in September '22, been without a car ever since. Hated the transmission in that car. The gearbox did not know what to do between gears 2 and 3. If you were in 2nd and put your foot down quickly, it would upshift before realizing it needs to go back to 2 to get the revs going. If you're in gear 3 in moving traffic and tap the break, it will sometimes downshift thinking you're coming to a complete stop when you're not. The revs will hold around 5,000 RPM before the gearbox realizes you're not coming to a stop and will shift back up to 3rd.

Was on the list for a C8 from May '22 to Jan '23, but I no longer desired the car and saw one everywhere I went in Dallas. Instead of buying a Mach 1 I decided to wait for a brand new DH.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Possibly a failed motor 2024 to another 2024 🤣😂

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GT/PE
Replaced my 2022 Mustang GT/CS in Mischievous Purple