• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What brand of motor oil do ya’ll prefer for your Stangs?

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Two related items:

1. I'll be changing the factory drain plug to one from UPR. The 3rd Gen engine holds ten quarts, coming out all at once. The UPR plug has a screw valve on the end, allowing me to control the output, with an attachment for a hose. The UPR plug is also magnetic.

2. I'll be using a Fram XG series filter. Like oil, filters are a personal preference. I use Fram items unless there's a clear difference. The XG series is designed around synthetics, filters a bit more, and the internals are of better materials (YouTube has several videos of cut-open comparisons). There are like filters from other companies that are well received and work just as great.
The new ‘24 Mustang does not use the same drain plug as the last gen. It is now back to a standard threaded drain plug.
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I used Ford oil in the 60's with sometimes Marvel Mystery oil. Motorcraft synthetic blend after it came out. Always Ford filters. Changed no more than 5k miles. Never had engine issues with some cars going 180k.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 ..kinda pricey and was only able to find it at advance auto
Next time, try Wal-Mart on-line; last I noticed, they were $10 a jug cheaper.

I purchase and have it delivered to the house for free in like two days.

Wal-Mart often sells products on-line they do not stock in their stores, PUP being one.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
This is what I'm going with. It was highly recommended by a friend of mine who builds racing engines. Expensive but still cheaper than taking it to the dealer.

S650 Mustang What brand of motor oil do ya’ll prefer for your Stangs? 20231029_140502

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 ..kinda pricey and was only able to find it at advance auto
dude go to Walmart. I only go there for oil. Got PP for 23.50. It ain’t ultra but if you change at 5k why you wasting money?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
How does Amsoil compare to the standard Ford motor oil used by the Ford dealerships? I don't do my own changes anymore, but perhaps I may need to find a shop that will use the oil I specify even if I have to buy it myself.

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I use Royal Purple XPR full synthetic oil and K&N Gold filters and I change it out every 5k miles. I like the K&N filter as it has a nut welded on to the end so removing it is a snap. At the moment, none of the sites I normally buy my supplies from has anything listed for the Gen7 yet in regards to the oil filter and K&N's website doesn't have anything listed yet.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I use Royal Purple XPR full synthetic oil and K&N Gold filters and I change it out every 5k miles. I like the K&N filter as it has a nut welded on to the end so removing it is a snap. At the moment, none of the sites I normally buy my supplies from has anything listed for the Gen7 yet in regards to the oil filter and K&N's website doesn't have anything listed yet.

The 5.0 uses the same filter as it always has so should just be able to get the same K&N filter

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've used full synthetic on my '07 Mustang, and she liked it. That's what I'm sticking to on the '24. Never had an issue with the oil in the past, never left me stranded anywhere.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
How does Amsoil compare to the standard Ford motor oil used by the Ford dealerships? I don't do my own changes anymore, but perhaps I may need to find a shop that will use the oil I specify even if I have to buy it myself.
Amsoil is hands down the number one oil for automotive use. Is it necessary, no as long as you do your oil changes regularly. But, if you want the best, use Amsoil.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Quaker State synthetic. But I will also stock up on Mobil 1, Pennzoil ultra or Castrol or Amsoil. I buy a couple years' worth of whichever one is on big sale when I need it. Ideally Quaker State based on 540rat's tests.
Motorcraft filters only.
I think whatever you get will be fine and respecting the time/mileage interval is the singlemost important factor.
Sponsored