• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, Velocity Blue,94 Mustang GT
I really dislike the big screens. I might get past the GT version (though I like the S550 much better) but I don't think I could do the EB version. Double iPads just sitting there look stupid.
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
They should have kept the gauge screen looking like a gauge area and then did the larger screen. I don't mind the way the C8 screens look as much as the new Mustangs.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I don't mind the way the C8 screens look as much
except that the steering wheel and arm placement means the left 1/4 to 1/3 is blocked from view. It's like they never sat a person in the car during the design phase - just looked at a computer rendering...

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
There is some next level boomer-ing goin on here lol.

no more complaints until you’ve driven it.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
except that the steering wheel and arm placement means the left 1/4 to 1/3 is blocked from view. It's like they never sat a person in the car during the design phase - just looked at a computer rendering...
Yeah I guess I've seen them in person but never sat in/driven one.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150
It is obvious the S650 interior designers only looked at photos of second half of the Fox body run and never sat in or drove a car with such a lousy interior. The 1979-1986 interiors were much worse.

You can see some of the styling cues from the 1987-1993 Fox body interior in the S650.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1674531360793

The Fox body curved dash was necessary so the driver could reach the awkwardly placed switches on each side of the gauges. It was NOT curved to emulate an aircraft cockpit. Heat and AC controls were intuitive. Good luck adjusting anything on the radio with it's multitude of tiny buttons and not getting into an accident while driving.

Like I mentioned earlier, the 1979-1986 interiors, which had a one model year longer run, were crappy, but at least you could see all the gauges while driving.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1674532119613

When someone states that the S650 dash has cues from the Fox body Mustangs, ask what year. :crackup:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Let’s face it. If it weren’t for the drivetrain the rest of the FB Mustang was NOT something to look towards if you’re trying to build a new ground breaking muscle car in 2022.

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
To me, this looks terrible. I am OK with screens to an extent but to just stick them on there and not integrate seamlessly into the dash just does not work. I think this will provide a more seamless transition between the IC and the electric one from an interior design perspective which may be part of the point, but when I get in my Mustang my focus is on the critical information that I need to know and the road. Adding more information on digital displays does not improve my driving experience, and I work in a high tech company. There is a time and place for it, but IMO not on the dash of a car. I also find the center display to be a distraction as you cannot operate it through tactile feedback and quick glances. The '15 that I have has just enough real buttons to do the most common operations and I only have to use the screen for the advanced stuff that I only do every now and then. Mine is also a convertible and the screens sometimes become almost unreadable in the wrong sunlight. Though I suppose I am in the minority that I enjoy technology and abhor it at the same time. :crazy:
im right there with you. I've worked in IT for over 30 years and still hate a lot of the technology advancements that have supposedly made our lives "easier" At the end of the day a lot of them are unnecessary noise and just a PITA

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
There is some next level boomer-ing goin on here lol.

no more complaints until you’ve driven it.
You can like it all you want, but your opinion does not trump mine where my preferences are concerned... I prefer things to flow and integrate naturally, not be stuck on like an afterthought. The subject is about the interior design, not the performance. I am sure it will perform very well, no dispute there.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
It might “flow” from the driver seat
Not bloody likely. I see what I see and it does nothing for me. I wish I had Thanos' glove so I could snap it into a s550-like gauge layout.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
Not a fan. Not because I am opposed to tech, but the lack of styling cues, of any kind. As mentioned above, without the logos on the wheel and passenger side, it could be anything recent. For what it’s worth, I drove a friend’s Model 3 and did not like the tablet in the centre design in that either.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
The new GMC & Chevy midsized trucks just debuted and both have flat screens for infotainment centers.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
What a great way to jump to this never ending stories!

1st of all: Get over it! This is the future and if you think that the FL model or Gen8 will go back to old analogue gauges, better stick with your S550.

2nd: I am okay with the screens. The only thing that bugs be about them is the fact, that it doesn't have a full screen, but some parts are black (especially the left one). I don't know if that was an intentional decision or if there are regulations to it.

interior draw.JPG

One of my favourite interiors currently is the AMG GT4 Coupe. Yes the screens are also somehow placed on top of the dash, but it still has a neat cover surrounding them.

ALSO I like the middle console of this particular Mercedes. If they would have gotten rid of the "buttons" in the S650 and placed them like in the Mercedes (left and right on the middle console WITH TYPICAL STANG TOGGLES), it would have looked so cool. I am also not a fan of the same shift knob of the S650 Mustang. They could have done something more sportier like Mercedes or Audi.

I am not going to start on seats, because there is a dedicated thread for that.

amg gt innenraum.JPG

I think what Ford needs to do is to expand/advance the voice control. In the current Sync 3 you have like 10 functions and that's it. In new/modern cars you can also activate climate control, heated seats, music, ambient light, sat nav etc. with voice control which is more convenient and also doesn't distract you from fumbling for the right area to click/slide on.

LAST but not least I am wondering how the ambient light in the Gen7 looks like. Is it the same as Gen6? Does it look better? I don't know.
I don't like the flimsy displays. If they had an anti-reflective layer on top of the display and bonnet for the sun, I could tolerate them.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I think the car should’ve not come with any gauge pack at all. They should just have a docking port for the tablet you provide and run the new “Mustang Now” app and you can have any screen you like, run your car and take it with you or, watch football. ( that’s not soccer for you guys across the pond).
Aren’t choices wonderful?
Sponsored

Last edited: