• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
It's not how I'd have done the interior. Me? I'd have simply enlarged the 2 screens in the S550, keep them integrated into the dash and keep the double brow and circular air vents. I'm a sucker for the classic style.

That being said, the interior wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and I'm sure when you're sat in the car, it'll be much more agreeable.
Agreed with this. Holding off on a decision until I see a car in the flesh. As far as the exterior, not enough difference to make a change.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I personally think, it is about time. The “retro” thing was played out 5yrs ago. Im all about the tech. Hell, the tech is a large part of the draw for me.
Exactly, the s550 and s650 look way better than the '05-14 cars. I say this as someone who wants to go into car design as a result of falling in love with the '05 car when it first came out. Made a massive impression on me. It still looks good but it's kinda tacky looking.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I like the tech too, concerned the way its implemented with the interior. Thats why I will have a wait and see until I can sit in an actual car. Also, the materials better be better, if not this could keep me away and maybe look into a 2023-24 BMW M2.

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
Start the cah vs start the caw-er
What makes it worse is I get progressively angrier every failed attempt and my accent just falls off a cliff and I end up sounding like boomhauer and VR just turns itself off.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Jeez...the anger. Interesting. Chill dude, no one needs to 'get over' their personal preference. Maybe get over being hypersensitive towards anyone who expresses a different view to yours.

It's the future is it? Speaking (yelling?) with assumed authority on behalf of designers world wide? Of course you aren't.

If everyone agreed it'd be boring as batshit on here.

Awesome. Excellent. Not everyone is, including some of the mass manufacturers such as Nissan eg see above.
How did I assumed that this would come from an Aussie :D I am chilled mate! I just wanted to put accross that whining will not change things and this is (for you it is unfortunate) the way that the industry go.

We had these discussions about those who favor and those who critisize, so I am not going to stir the history lesson again.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
I've said it before in another thread and I'll say it again here...if Ford tried to emulate what Porsche does with their 911 interior it would've been perfect. A big center tach to give that racecar feel and some screens flanking it. Then the typical infotainment off in the center. This is perfection, IMHO.

The biggest issue I have with the S650 interior is the fact the screens aren't integrated neatly. I mean shoot, if there was a simple "brow" over the top of them as part of the dash it would be a vast improvement and look more neat and "finished". Tacked on screens are just...yuck. They scream afterthought and budget. Plus, digital stuff never ages as well as precision analogue.

Like most of you, though, I'll reserve final judgement for when I'm in the drivers seat. If they work well and aren't a PITA to use, then it's fine.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I just wanted to put accross that whining will not change things
I get it. You want everyone to be open minded and get on board with the new design as you have. No discord? Eradicate dissent? Hmmm...good luck I guess.

Someone disagreeing with you isn't whining, but complaining about folks disagreeing with you about something objective probably is. Bit defensive maybe? Did you have design input on the new dash?

It'd probably be less stressful for you to just recognise and appreciate differing opinions. The success or otherwise of the new arrangement will be what it'll be.

this is (for you it is unfortunate) the way that the industry go.
It's the future is it? Speaking (yelling?) with assumed authority on behalf of designers world wide? Of course you aren't.
You're still dodging the question that gives you an opportunity to state the evidence supporting your claims that it's an inevitable trend.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
What makes it worse is I get progressively angrier every failed attempt and my accent just falls off a cliff and I end up sounding like boomhauer and VR just turns itself off.
:crackup::like:

(I've also found that strangely it doesn't recognise commands like 'For fark sake!')

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm surprised there are so many strong negative reactions here. It's almost like people forgot what the current junky Mustang interior looks like and all of a sudden it's become a perfect gift from God. You have to admit that all that hard plastic with the fake stitching on it is pretty terrible.

Screens seem fine to me. Don't care. My current screen is stupid small, but I also don't care. I do find it annoying that it takes roughly 20 minutes for the screen to switch when I shift out of reverse back into a forward gear. But not annoying enough for me to do anything about it or buy something different.

Hopefully the functionality and usability of the S650 interior will be good. That's the important thing to me. I think the current Mustang interior controls are good. My Toybaru has some small controls and I have to take my gloves off all the time to use them.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Hate it. I don't understand the screen obsession...especially with it just glued on top of the dash. I would much rather have seen them make the current screen a bit larger (take the audio controls out if needed) and higher res and keep the current digital dash the way it is. I don't even really care if it is higher res...I am not playing Halo on it. I need a moving map. I would have have kept the classic double brow and air vents as they are as well. Now the interior looks like pretty much every other car...or CUV. Hooray?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've said it before in another thread and I'll say it again here...if Ford tried to emulate what Porsche does with their 911 interior it would've been perfect. A big center tach to give that racecar feel and some screens flanking it. Then the typical infotainment off in the center. This is perfection, IMHO.

The biggest issue I have with the S650 interior is the fact the screens aren't integrated neatly. I mean shoot, if there was a simple "brow" over the top of them as part of the dash it would be a vast improvement and look more neat and "finished". Tacked on screens are just...yuck. They scream afterthought and budget. Plus, digital stuff never ages as well as precision analogue.

Like most of you, though, I'll reserve final judgement for when I'm in the drivers seat. If they work well and aren't a PITA to use, then it's fine.
haha bro whenever I see your nickname, I need to laugh :D

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it. You want everyone to be open minded and get on board with the new design as you have. No discord? Eradicate dissent? Hmmm...good luck I guess.

Someone disagreeing with you isn't whining, but complaining about folks disagreeing with you about something objective probably is. Bit defensive maybe? Did you have design input on the new dash?

It'd probably be less stressful for you to just recognise and appreciate differing opinions. The success or otherwise of the new arrangement will be what it'll be.

You're still dodging the question that gives you an opportunity to state the evidence supporting your claims that it's an inevitable trend.
Matey! I respect everyone's opinion, but accepting it is another thing. People judge based on what? Pictures?
If you looked carefully on page 7, I made a rather bigger caption of what actually I DON'T LIKE about the interior and what could or should have been done to make it maybe more appealing.

At least I am giving some arguments that weights my point. Most people here just say " it looks shit" or " I don't understand the hype about screens" Welcome to 2023!

Why do I need to give you evidence, if the vidence is a google search away? Look at all new car models. The trend is digital and dashboards, some are smaller, others are bigger.

At the end of the day everyone should reserve judgment once seeing the car in person. And who knows, maybe me as someone who favors it maybe do not like it as much as now when sitting in the cockpit. On the other hand you as criticiser may like it because it looks and feels much better in reality.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I think the interior looks like crap because of those giant, non-integrated into the interior screens. I absolutely hate it. I would rather theh spend money on interior material improvements than giant, tacked on screens. This car should be fun to drive. It isn't a video game. I want technology in my phone, not my car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
While I’m not a fan of the digi-dash, my biggest issue is in the effort to move screens up, they’ve moved the center A/C vents down and directly in front of the shifter. It’s an issue for us that still cling to a 3 pedal. My Mk7 GLI dash is arranged in a similar fashion and I’m very much not a fan. I have metal and some arthritis in my right arm from wrecking my last mustang and that cold air blowing directly on it hurts like a mofo.

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 401a on order!, 08 4runner, 16 Jetta
I don’t like the stuck on screens, hated them in the Mercedes A class, don’t like them here either.
Sponsored