• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
Regarding the Screens - I like its functionality, much better positioning and flowing visual ergonomics (a much needed improvement over the too low and out of sight current screen), however I don't like the way it is not integrated into the Dashboard, and looks like an afterthought.

My main concern is the lack of anti-glare shrouding around the Display / Cluster, as in Australia we tend to have a bit of sun.
I'm worried about finger smudges. Maybe an anti glare/smudge screen protector?
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I'm worried about finger smudges. Maybe an anti glare/smudge screen protector?
I have a Spigen screen protector on the Mach-e screen, works really well. Has a matte finish and helps a lot with reflections/glare and fingerprints barely barely stick(now after almost 2 months I can see some prints)

https://amzn.to/3kidZUC

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I have Spigen screen protector on the Mach-e screen, works really well. Has a matte finish and helps a lot with reflections/glare and fingerprints barely barely stick(now after almost 2 months I can see some prints)

Thanks, that Spigen Screen Protector looks like a good idea, just hope they do one for the S650 sooner than later.
  • Tempered glass durability rated at 9H hardness
  • Extreme clarity preserves the original screen brightness
  • Touch-responsiveness guarantee hassle-free access and no delay
  • Oleophobic coating for glare and daily fingerprint resistance

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I have a Spigen screen protector on the Mach-e screen, works really well. Has a matte finish and helps a lot with reflections/glare and fingerprints barely barely stick(now after almost 2 months I can see some prints)

Oh nice! This is a must have for that massive screen. Hopefully they come out for the S650 soon

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun210 wagon, 92 240SX, 08 Evo, 20 Mustang GT
Ford must be trying to attract people who were cross-shopping Mustangs and Teslas, and how big a market share is that?

As for me, I bought my Mustang to drive it, not run apps on it. Having the inside of a car look like the outside of my phone just looks stupid.

silver beauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Not crazy about the screen but could live with it. The part I could not live with is the front end of the car. I want to like it but just cant get myself to feel that way! I was hoping the S650 would be thoroughly modern in appearance with stronger Mustang influences in front. Instead, they made it look a bit Japanese. Challenger is the only one of the 3 pony cars that gets the look right.

UrbanAlaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
It was a mistake for Ford to put the new Mustang design language on a CUV before the real Mustang.

The S650 will always look like a Mach E Coupe to me, for that reason. And the interior is a big part of that.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Not crazy about the screen but could live with it. The part I could not live with is the front end of the car. I want to like it but just cant get myself to feel that way! I was hoping the S650 would be thoroughly modern in appearance with stronger Mustang influences in front. Instead, they made it look a bit Japanese. Challenger is the only one of the 3 pony cars that gets the look right.
I can't live with the dash the way it is, but fully agree with you concerning the front end. Ford screwed up on that.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Personally the interior just looks lazy. I can get over the whole s550 v 3.0 exterior vibe of the new car, but the interior is just awful. It looks like it could be in a Civic, or a Stinger, or any other car that has ipads tacked on the dash these days.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Omfng … there’s probably 2 interior suppliers… yes it’s gonna look like a common modern vehicle’s interior as that is what suppliers are making.

it’s not a pagani… it’s a mass ass produced mustang.
And im stoked fwiw
Gen4 yote ftw

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
As I posted elsewhere, here's a little-known styling study for the S650 dash:

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens PXL_20221219_185430044

These clean lines practically SCREAM Mustang!

Last edited:

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Omfng … there’s probably 2 interior suppliers… yes it’s gonna look like a common modern vehicle’s interior as that is what suppliers are making.

it’s not a pagani… it’s a mass ass produced mustang.
And im stoked fwiw
Gen4 yote ftw
It is great that you are stoked and I hope you enjoy your yote. Yes, the Mustang is not a Pagani... it has much more history, heritage and pedigree, and should be treated as such.
Sponsored