• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
First I want to thank everyone who is not buying a s650 because of the interior. Really helps everyone who wants one, to get it sooner. You guys are the true heros!
Your welcome! And thanks to all the beta testers, we all need a test pool to work out the bugs. The initial buyers are the real heroes if you ask me!
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Your welcome! And thanks to all the beta testers, we all need a test pool to work out the bugs. The initial buyers are the real heroes if you ask me!
From owning previous Fords (non-mustang), I don't think Ford ever moves out of the beta phase.......

AlwaysCustom4Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
I think the interior is blah, and the screens are what kill it for me. Just looks lazy and uninspiring. I think the S550 with the digital dash is the best there's ever been.

Between the screen dash and the huge void between the bumper and grill on the front end, the whole car is a pass for me.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
After watching the old "RENO" Mustangs going across the Mecum Auction line last week and prices they paid for them, I rather own one of them than a new S650.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I also love the moving map that displays between the speedometer and the tach
I find it annoying and a step back in road safety since it entices the driver to pay attention to it. Do you need sliding pixels every 30/60 seconds? Of course not, we're not flying at 300 knots. (not that you need it in a cockpit either except perhaps on short final in IFR)

My brother's Audi RS5 (2016) had this and it was "neat" for 10 minutes and I recognized the constant distraction and turned it off. "live" displays that are detailed are a bad thing IMO. Sure they look "pretty" when you stare at them like some gdamn tablet in your office chair. Situational awareness displays should be 8-bit resolution, massively simple and information gleaned extremely fast, ie a needle position relative to an arc. The value is not important and can be dismissed.

Human eye and brain recognition of a complicated image is SLOW. These eye-candy designers FORGOT to take a human factors class or were not force-fed as a pre-condition of their employment in the space.

That's why "pretty" moving maps belong off-axis. The display between the gauges should be large, blocky instructions, be it immediately upcoming lane position or turn.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
A really nice HUD such as the one BMW has, one will never need to look at anything else. Loved the one I had on my G20 330e

Maps, music, speed, speed limit, etc etc all can be shown(if you want and you don't have to take your eyes of the road.

I really do like screens and tech! But on the other e.g. the tach layout on my MX5 is really nice! A rev-counter in the middle and the speed etc to the sides! But on the other hand the infotainment system in that car sucks horse balls(big ones)

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I find it annoying and a step back in road safety since it entices the driver to pay attention to it. Do you need sliding pixels every 30/60 seconds? Of course not, we're not flying at 300 knots. (not that you need it in a cockpit either except perhaps on short final in IFR)

My brother's Audi RS5 (2016) had this and it was "neat" for 10 minutes and I recognized the constant distraction and turned it off. "live" displays that are detailed are a bad thing IMO. Sure they look "pretty" when you stare at them like some gdamn tablet in your office chair. Situational awareness displays should be 8-bit resolution, massively simple and information gleaned extremely fast, ie a needle position relative to an arc. The value is not important and can be dismissed.

Human eye and brain recognition of a complicated image is SLOW. These eye-candy designers FORGOT to take a human factors class or were not force-fed as a pre-condition of their employment in the space.

That's why "pretty" moving maps belong off-axis. The display between the gauges should be large, blocky instructions, be it immediately upcoming lane position or turn.
Wow! That's a pretty strong reaction :)

I never stare at the map, in fact I hardly look at it at all under most circumstances, but if I am looking to make a turn in an unfamiliar neighborhood, a glance down at the map helps keep me oriented and it is far safer than looking "off-axis". Glance down for no more than the time it takes to check your speed, and see that I have two more streets to go and I am good.

I respect that you may have a different viewpoint, but I do like not only the map, but the way all relevant information is laid out on the Volvo screen.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
A really nice HUD such as the one BMW has, one will never need to look at anything else. Loved the one I had on my G20 330e

Maps, music, speed, speed limit, etc etc all can be shown(if you want and you don't have to take your eyes of the road.

I really do like screens and tech! But on the other e.g. the tach layout on my MX5 is really nice! A rev-counter in the middle and the speed etc to the sides! But on the other hand the infotainment system in that car sucks horse balls(big ones)
I still have my BMW will all the tech stuff but all I need is that amazing HUD. I hardly ever use anything else... Maybe the map in the center screen or Spotify as it is too small for my liking in the HUD but I rarely use the dash screen... It's not too pretty and all relevant information are displayed buy the HUD as well (oil temperature and such is not but that becomes somewhat irrelevant after 10-15 minutes ;) ) Besides, BMWs iDRIVE 7 and partially 8 still have the iDRIVE controller. That is hands down the best way to navigate through menues while driving. I can easily do it at 200km/h if there isn't too much traffic and one does not take the eyes off the road. F. U. touchscreen!

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
Interior feels forgettable to me. Hide the pony badge and it’s a generic 2023 car interior. Doesn’t really say “Mustang” to me.

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
The interior is horrible. Everyone who says otherwise is wrong. :clap::cwl:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Regarding the Screens - I like its functionality, much better positioning and flowing visual ergonomics (a much needed improvement over the too low and out of sight current screen), however I don't like the way it is not integrated into the Dashboard, and looks like an afterthought.

My main concern is the lack of anti-glare shrouding around the Display / Cluster, as in Australia we tend to have a bit of sun.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I still have my BMW will all the tech stuff but all I need is that amazing HUD. I hardly ever use anything else... Maybe the map in the center screen or Spotify as it is too small for my liking in the HUD but I rarely use the dash screen... It's not too pretty and all relevant information are displayed buy the HUD as well (oil temperature and such is not but that becomes somewhat irrelevant after 10-15 minutes ;) ) Besides, BMWs iDRIVE 7 and partially 8 still have the iDRIVE controller. That is hands down the best way to navigate through menues while driving. I can easily do it at 200km/h if there isn't too much traffic and one does not take the eyes off the road. F. U. touchscreen!
Yes a functional HUD with Speed & Speed Limit, Maps etc is a must, and well overdue.