• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you cross shopping?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
BMW M2 or M4.
Sponsored

Reactions: fb1

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
M2
ZL1
Challenger Scat (Narrow or Widebody - perhaps a last call edition)
Supra
Z
S650 GT/P or DH
Mach 1
IS500
CT4V BW
Future GT350/500 equivalent

Truth be told, I'm 99% sure I'll end up with something that has 2 doors and a V8...the sound and character are just intoxicating. I'm also 99% sure whatever I buy, I will own for the rest of my life.

I recently found a new left-over 2021 Mach 1 that is $10k off...and I'm having an internal struggle on why I shouldn't buy it over any of these other fine vehicles...YES, I'm well aware it's a first world problem, Hahaha.
As an 22 IS350 owner, it’s a blast to drive, the 500 is awesome also. Only thing is the factory exhaust is trash lol.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cross shopping was a bit weird until I figured out I really really wanted a v8. My list was pretty budget driven and kinda all over the place lol.

2024 Mustang GT*
BMW i4 eDrive35
Toyota Supra 3.0
Nissan Z Performance
BMW 430i xDrive Coupe
Lexus RC 300 F Sport

And my "not like the others" was a 2 Door Black Diamond Ford Branco but finding one was another story.
Finding a bronco? You’d have a better chance at finding big foot than. A bronco, let alone for MSRP

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
The GR Corolla, Civic Type R, Nissan Z, MX-5 Hardtop, Tesla Model 3, and believe it or not, the 2 Door Ford Bronco were all strong, strong contenders for me.

I wanted something slick that could look professional enough, but still be fun to drive and be at least somewhat practical. Manual is a huge preference, but I wouldn't have minded an automatic

The GR Corolla, Type R, Tesla, and Bronco are definitely the most practical of them all. But ultimately, I landed on the Mustang because I can get it for MSRP. Unlike the GR or Nissan Z, which are being scalped everywhere.

As for the others, Type R doesn't have heated seats (huge deal for me), I'm too large for the MX-5, the Bronco is having engine reliability issues, and I don't have a garage or electric car charger for a Tesla.

While yes, you could argue the Mustang isn't as practical as the others, with it being a coupe, small trunk, and less than optimal gas mileage. But the things it does well, it does better than the competition. I love that it has the heated and cooled seats, the smooth ride, and the biggest factor: guaranteed MSRP at my local dealership.

Totally believable, about the Bronco and the other cars you listed.

I'm done buying for the moment, but I did some cross shopping recently. I was looking for "fun vehicles with manual transmissions." Which is what I see on your list.

Mustang was on my list, but I didn't want to buy the end of the previous generation and couldn't quite wait for the next generation. May buy in the future, so I stay on this list.

Cars on my list included the CT5-V Blackwing (purchased), Ford Bronco (purchased--in a 2-door like you mentioned), Subaru BRZ / Toyota GR 86 (previous version was a LOT of fun, new version is only better), Civic Type R, Mustang, etc. I also have a soft spot for the Acura Integra, as an owner of a '95. If I were looking now I'd be adding the GR Corolla to the list.

CT4-V Blackwing should also have been on the list, but it was too small for me. Yes, it looks larger than the BRZ or my old Integra, but GM ergonomics (getting in and out, primarily) are not great--it really needs to be a 2-door.

A car like the BMW M3 should be on my list but it's ugly, BMW manual transmissions are not great, and I've already hit my lifetime quota of BMWs (one)--one can only handle so many check engine lights in one lifetime, they are just disposable cars.

I'm working on a buddy, will get him to buy a Dark Horse (he's a hard core Ford guy). And my daughter will get the GR 86 or GR Corolla. So I'm pretty well covered.

One thing I learned in various test drives is that the Tremec is worth it. Magnetorheological suspension is worth it. And I like the analog feel of certain cars, like the GR 86.

No interest in a an EV. I'll own one someday, but now is the time to buy cars with manual transmissions, preferably with large engines, while we can. People will look back in 10-20 years and lament that they didn't buy them when they could.

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
What do you guys say?

Manual 2023 supra… manual challenger RT… or manual s650?

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you guys say?

Manual 2023 supra… manual challenger RT… or manual s650?
Manual S650 is better than {third best Toyota with a manual} or {third best muscle car}. :)

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm done buying for the moment, but I did some cross shopping recently. I was looking for "fun vehicles with manual transmissions." Which is what I see on your list.

Mustang was on my list, but I didn't want to buy the end of the previous generation and couldn't quite wait for the next generation. May buy in the future, so I stay on this list.

Cars on my list included the CT5-V Blackwing (purchased), Ford Bronco (purchased--in a 2-door like you mentioned), Subaru BRZ / Toyota GR 86 (previous version was a LOT of fun, new version is only better), Civic Type R, Mustang, etc. I also have a soft spot for the Acura Integra, as an owner of a '95. If I were looking now I'd be adding the GR Corolla to the list.

CT4-V Blackwing should also have been on the list, but it was too small for me. Yes, it looks larger than the BRZ or my old Integra, but GM ergonomics (getting in and out, primarily) are not great--it really needs to be a 2-door.

A car like the BMW M3 should be on my list but it's ugly, BMW manual transmissions are not great, and I've already hit my lifetime quota of BMWs (one)--one can only handle so many check engine lights in one lifetime, they are just disposable cars.

I'm working on a buddy, will get him to buy a Dark Horse (he's a hard core Ford guy). And my daughter will get the GR 86 or GR Corolla. So I'm pretty well covered.

One thing I learned in various test drives is that the Tremec is worth it. Magnetorheological suspension is worth it. And I like the analog feel of certain cars, like the GR 86.

No interest in a an EV. I'll own one someday, but now is the time to buy cars with manual transmissions, preferably with large engines, while we can. People will look back in 10-20 years and lament that they didn't buy them when they could.
Dude says the bmw is ugly but wants to buy his daughter a GR Corolla 😭🤮

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude says the bmw is ugly but wants to buy his daughter a GR Corolla 😭🤮
Exactly. The BMW is *that* bad.

Also, my daughter will be working for Toyota, so there's that.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue

I like the Blackwing that is for sure, but I'm a bit of a Ford fanboy and a GM..... soft hater, for lack of a better term. It's also quite a bit more expensive than the Mustang. $53k GT Premium with some options is way cheaper than a $90k MSRP Cadillac. (cheapest in my area is $109k)

The Integra Type S is the same story as the GR Corolla: It's gonna be really hard to find one for MSRP, especially since it isn't out yet. I wouldn't mind one, but I'd probably go for the GR Corolla instead.

As for the BRZ and GR86, they just don't catch my attention. They feel like a bigger Miata, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it lacks wow factor, to me. An old coworker of mine has one, and it really doesn't impress me too much. The price is definitely better than the Mustang, and you definitely get what you pay for. But I don't really intend to buy one.

Also I will never bring myself to own a BMW. I cannot with the maintenance on those things! They definitely look good, but as someone who works on my own cars, I can't own a BMW. (unless its an 80s M3)

The GeTrag 6 speed sounds sucky from what people have said (haven't had the chance to feel it yet), but I've also heard the 2018's revised lots of the issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revised again for the 2024. But if not, I don't mind changing the shifter and clutch to make it smoother. Those mods, or even swapping in my own Tremec, would be cheaper than getting a Dark Horse. (also Dark Horses are WAAAAAY back ordered in my area, so I'd be waiting a lot longer for it)

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
You guys think dark horse will be backed up for a while? You think they’re limited runs?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I like the Blackwing that is for sure, but I'm a bit of a Ford fanboy and a GM..... soft hater, for lack of a better term. It's also quite a bit more expensive than the Mustang. $53k GT Premium with some options is way cheaper than a $90k MSRP Cadillac. (cheapest in my area is $109k)

The Integra Type S is the same story as the GR Corolla: It's gonna be really hard to find one for MSRP, especially since it isn't out yet. I wouldn't mind one, but I'd probably go for the GR Corolla instead.

As for the BRZ and GR86, they just don't catch my attention. They feel like a bigger Miata, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it lacks wow factor, to me. An old coworker of mine has one, and it really doesn't impress me too much. The price is definitely better than the Mustang, and you definitely get what you pay for. But I don't really intend to buy one.

Also I will never bring myself to own a BMW. I cannot with the maintenance on those things! They definitely look good, but as someone who works on my own cars, I can't own a BMW. (unless its an 80s M3)

The GeTrag 6 speed sounds sucky from what people have said (haven't had the chance to feel it yet), but I've also heard the 2018's revised lots of the issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revised again for the 2024. But if not, I don't mind changing the shifter and clutch to make it smoother. Those mods, or even swapping in my own Tremec, would be cheaper than getting a Dark Horse. (also Dark Horses are WAAAAAY back ordered in my area, so I'd be waiting a lot longer for it)
This is the answer to all our problems, a fellow Swedes car

500- something crank HP

S650 Mustang What are you cross shopping? Snapinsta.app_1080_236651351_275194173942166_1766515016253971648_n
S650 Mustang What are you cross shopping? Snapinsta.app_1080_236435584_2973887519533275_3757544549662935173_n

Last edited:

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
This is the answer to all our problems, a fellow Swedes car

500- something crank HP

Snapinsta.app_1080_236651351_275194173942166_1766515016253971648_n.jpg
Snapinsta.app_1080_236435584_2973887519533275_3757544549662935173_n.jpg
I do REALLY like the ND Miata... but I'm a tall, overweight American man. I don't fit comfortably in them, unlike the American sports cars, like the Mustang and Challenger.
Sponsored