• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

WARNING: Check Dark Horse alignment on delivery

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP / 2018 Mustang EB Premium Convertible
My favorite part of this whole mess was what the dealer tech put on the front of the invoice when we asked to have the alignment checked after being made aware of the condition of the rear tires.
S650 Mustang WARNING: Check Dark Horse alignment on delivery nonsense

While providing us with this printout (compared to Mach 1 Handling package as the Dark Horse was not in the computer yet)
S650 Mustang WARNING: Check Dark Horse alignment on delivery nonsense2

"The alignment of the vehicle is correct. Vehicle designed as a track car"
OASIS and the follow up alignment check with a 3rd party vendor has shown this to have been a lie. Just get your alignments checked people.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Here are the specs from OASIS. Dark Horse with Handling Package on the 2nd page. Feel free to compare to the spec as delivered in the first post. Tires may be soft and expected to have a short life, but the deck is stacked against them having any chance for longevity with an alignment so far out of spec.
Thank you for posting the info.

OP
OP
Cindy42

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
They didn't actually "rack" the vehicle either, they used a quick check system on the ground.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Hey Cindy, a lot of owners take the Trofeo's off and reshoe the car with either Mich PS4S. The Trofeo's are really a streetable track tire and will wear very fast.

S650 Mustang WARNING: Check Dark Horse alignment on delivery 1698197777658

OP
OP
Cindy42

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
Hey Cindy, a lot of owners take the Trofeo's off and reshoe the car with either Mich PS4S. The Trofeo's are really a streetable track tire and will wear very fast.

1698197777658.png
And they wear more than twice as fast when your alignment has about a degree of toe in. I am trying to let people know the cars are shipping with jacked up alignments. Toe setting more than 3x's out of spec, caster about a degree different on either side, front toe setting ready to do right turns only. Don't assume the car being darty or twitchy is because it is wearing track tires like I did. And ask for an alignment check before you leave the dealership upon purchase. My front Trofeos are at 6/32, my rear are at cords. At most, if the car was aligned right, with the tires being soft, the rear would have only wore about 1/3 to 1/2 faster. If I would have taken these off and put on anything else, I would have a terrible wear pattern on the tires I would have spent money on. So then my $1800 worth of Michelins would have been on start to be ruined.

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
They told you it wasnt a street legal car 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dont ever go to that place again.

w00tcamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium fastback
Just chiming in with another - my DH with the trofeos was extremely misaligned on delivery and I drove it ~700 mi home :(

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Cars coming from the factory out of alignment isn't unusual. Corvettes are known for that as well. Our son, who is a technician, purchased a new Toyota and it came from the factory out of alignment. I'm going to have my car realigned when I take it out of storage next spring. Sorry to hear about your problem.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I think we all need to check... my Ecoboost was well out of alignment too. Rear toe was more than 3 times the spec! Also front toe to the right. I got everything set where it should be... except caster is still not the same on both sides.
Sponsored