• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light on my 2.3L

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
So after barely hitting 200 miles my check engine light turned on today (pictured below), taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I hope it’s nothing serious, after seeing what my brother went through with his 2015 I’m gonna have nightmares tonight.
Wish me luck.
S650 Mustang Check engine light on my 2.3L IMG_0846
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If the message is accurate (not saying it ain’t) cars are artificially getting intelligent. The car seems to be saying an electric wire / circuit is either unplugged or melted / broken and it even lets the tech know which line. Dang. Smart it is. 😀

btw: good luck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
So after barely hitting 200 miles my check engine light turned on today (pictured below), taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I hope it’s nothing serious, after seeing what my brother went through with his 2015 I’m gonna have nightmares tonight.
Wish me luck.
IMG_0846.png
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Just wanted to update the thread for anybody that is having similar issues.
I took it to the dealer and they found that the turbocharger wastegate actuator was malfunctioning so they replaced it the next day free of charge. Haven’t had any issues with the car since.

Huge thank you to @Ford Motor Company for all the help I really appreciate you

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Just wanted to update the thread for anybody that is having similar issues.
I took it to the dealer and they found that the turbocharger wastegate actuator was malfunctioning so they replaced it the next day free of charge. Haven’t had any issues with the car since.

Huge thank you to @Ford Motor Company for all the help I really appreciate you
Wow glad you got it fixed promptly but having an issue after only 200 miles isn't fun. I get it that things happen but still.

How are you liking your EB overall? I actually have one on order but I'm getting a little nervous about it to be honest. I plan on using my EB for my daily driver with hopes of keeping it for 10+years. I've read some horror stories about EB's going EcoBoom but not sure if that's an issue or do to bad maintenance,etc.

I like the EB and it drives really well (plenty quick for me) and sounds like it gets good gas mileage. Not sure about the whole turbo thing but that's how all these vehicles are these days so it seems. I could always spring for a GT but not sure it's worth it for me hmmm, or is it, lol:)

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Wow glad you got it fixed promptly but having an issue after only 200 miles isn't fun. I get it that things happen but still.

How are you liking your EB overall? I actually have one on order but I'm getting a little nervous about it to be honest. I plan on using my EB for my daily driver with hopes of keeping it for 10+years. I've read some horror stories about EB's going EcoBoom but not sure if that's an issue or do to bad maintenance,etc.

I like the EB and it drives really well (plenty quick for me) and sounds like it gets good gas mileage. Not sure about the whole turbo thing but that's how all these vehicles are these days so it seems. I could always spring for a GT but not sure it's worth it for me hmmm, or is it, lol:)
The EB in my opinion is the perfect mix of fun yet practicality because of the great MPG. Since I drive it for work daily it just made sense for me to get another ecoboost. I had a 2019 and it never gave me a problem.
The new interior on the 2024s is a lot nicer, after reading some posts on here I was a little nervous about the screens but right away I noticed how they’re conviently placed and how intuitive they are, plus it ties the whole “futuristic” look together imo.
Some tips I give to people who also drive an EB is to always let it warm up before you really start pushing it hard and to service the vehicle on time or even early, never late.

Edit: remember that all the posts online about people having issues are normal, when someone has an issue with their car they’ll try to find a solution by checking online but most of the people that are enjoying their cars aren’t coming online to say so because they don’t really need to.

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

I found out what that is all about today. My sister in law had the 2.3L go boom in December with 30k miles on it. The letter from ford offered a 7 year replacement warranty for the time period between 2017 and 2019. You should be safe with one because they have had 4 years of production where the issue should be resolved. The recall notice is up on their web site and the letter was sent out in 2022.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I found out what that is all about today. My sister in law had the 2.3L go boom in December with 30k miles on it. The letter from ford offered a 7 year replacement warranty for the time period between 2017 and 2019. You should be safe with one because they have had 4 years of production where the issue should be resolved. The recall notice is up on their web site and the letter was sent out in 2022.
So are they going to replace your sister in law's engine? Was her car stock or did she have a tune or other mod's on it? 30K seems crazy but hopefully Ford has fixed this issue by now.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are they going to replace your sister in law's engine? Was her car stock or did she have a tune or other mod's on it? 30K seems crazy but hopefully Ford has fixed this issue by now.
We just learned about it today but the document indicates a short block replacement. As I type this they are probably exploring the options with ford. The car was stock with no abuse as my sister in law is into shopping (not buying anything but just knowing what every thing cost). It was only used for transportation around town and probably didn't see much freeway use. It appears there was a defect in the casting where the cylinder wall failed. I am sure they replaced some under the factory warranty and this letter was an extension of the time period for the recall.
There was something similar for the 96 mustang. The intake manifold would fail leaking coolant to the outside. Unfortunately when mine failed it was beyond the extended replacement period. That isn't a problem with the newer engine as they didn't run the coolant through the intake manifold. Originally they did that with iron manifolds and the heat didn't cause a problem however that wasn't true when they went to carbon fiber. The newer manifold put metal linings in the passages which prevented that failure.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Addendum to my previous post. My niece borrowed the car for a trip to Tucson which is freeway all the way down. She is known to have a somewhat heavy foot at times so it could be the first time that engine was used really hard. There is no point in asking exactly what happened because I suspect I wouldn't get the full answer.
Sponsored