• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
Just like the review from TFL the accessory buttons at the bottom of the center stack seem super cheap, and it looks like the whole piece moves. I’m starting to fear this is going to be in the production models
It does seem like a really weird design. Not a fan. Probably another cost cutting measure vs separate buttons.
Sponsored

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
At this point I expect that it is the production panel. :frown:

My biggest complaint is the empty space in the first position. On all of the pre-production cars it has been the auto start/stop. That blank button will forever drive me nuts. I was really hoping they would have a different version of that module for cars w/o the feature. So much so that I'm hoping that I can swap in a stop/start panel even if the feature does not work.

It sounds petty, and it is. Having that empty space will make me think about some feature that I could have had but skimped on. 🤬
The original order guide showed auto start/stop wouldn’t be available until 8/28. I agree about having the blank panel but I can definitely live with it knowing I don’t have to ever deal with that stupid start/stop BS. I assume it can’t be added later as an over the air update since the switch is blanked

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The original order guide showed auto start/stop wouldn’t be available until 8/28. I agree about having the blank panel but I can definitely live with it knowing I don’t have to ever deal with that stupid start/stop BS. I assume it can’t be added later as an over the air update since the switch is blanked
Complaining online is mostly a way to appease my OCDish tendencies about stuff like button blanks on the dash.

_J¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Just like the review from TFL the accessory buttons at the bottom of the center stack seem super cheap, and it looks like the whole piece moves. I’m starting to fear this is going to be in the production models
I agree, although I'm sure there will be aftermarket switches that will be made to replace that area. I plan on switching those if they are not as sturdy.

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
No word on when the Dark Horse will be in the hands of of the media. Will probably be another 2ish months before those videos come out.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Dang i just noticed he said July 24 ecoboost drive but July 25 for the GT. I wonder if the GT embargo is Tuesday or if it is just his decision to release them separate days.
I think he's saying they will get to drive the EB on Monday and the GT on Tuesday. I'm betting there are a few people, like Vaughn Gittin, that have already driven the GT and will post impressions Monday

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think he's saying they will get to drive the EB on Monday and the GT on Tuesday. I'm betting there are a few people, like Vaughn Gittin, that have already driven the GT and will post impressions Monday
They've all driven both versions already, they just can't release the actual driving reviews due to embargo.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
0-60 in 3.7 :shock: Fantastic but is this documented? Best convertible video so far, I drive a Shelby vert with a GT vert w Space Gray in production so his convertible Zonks are spot on as well as the button array and radio antenna. Looking forward to the July 24 videos.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They've all driven both versions already, they just can't release the actual driving reviews due to embargo.
I guess that could be the case if this is a video he waited to post, but he says in the video that he hasn't driven it yet

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Yeah noticed that too…that does bother me should have given the GT another button if none were going to have the auto start stop. These are production cars I think.

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
At this point it 100% in the early 2024 preview vids people mentioned the buttons are capacitive but the whole module moves on purpose for some feedback. Wish they kept the toggles from the S550

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
And that’s for the heavy ass PP vert
I’m expecting my 300a GT to COOK!!

esp.. with the whipple.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)