• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Using a weighted shift knob.

travistx28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Mustang GT
Just curious who plans to replace their shift knob with a performance, weighted shift knob.

If so, what brand and why are you choosing it?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Billetworkz and Raceseng make some nice products.

https://billetworkz.com/

https://raceseng.com/

If you're unsure of weight, I always point people to their kitchen. Pick up some canned goods of the weight of interest and move them around, to get a feel for things.

As a reference, the factory shift knob in the 2022 Mach 1 arrives at 250g / .5 lb.

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just got this. Never heard of raceseng until joining this forum. It's HEAVY and very well built. Hopefully stands up to wear and tear... 1.4 lbs!
20230922_083512.jpg

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Iā€™m planning on an alcantara wrapped weighted shift knob from raceng or billetworkz.

OP
OP

travistx28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Mustang GT
Just got this. Never heard of raceseng until joining this forum. It's HEAVY and very well built. Hopefully stands up to wear and tear... 1.4 lbs!
20230922_083512.jpg
Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts on the added weight? Does it improve your driving experience? Are you happy with the product?

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts on the added weight? Does it improve your driving experience? Are you happy with the product?

Driving to work in a few so I'll let you know when I get there lol

Very happy with the product build quality. Little taller than I thought compared to stock knob I'll snap a picture side by side but other than that I'm impressed.

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For a lot less that $99 I can get a knob job down the street. Sorry for the bad joke but weighted or not itā€™s just a shiny bit of bling that changes nothing. Maybe you could argue some of the shapes might feel better in your hand but come on.

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
For a lot less that $99 I can get a knob job down the street. Sorry for the bad joke but weighted or not itā€™s just a shiny bit of bling that changes nothing. Maybe you could argue some of the shapes might feel better in your hand but come on.

Assuming youre on here because you got a new mustang or considering it.. but..You could also get a lot cheaper car but I guess you could argue you like the way it feels lol

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I put it on without the top mount screw (the one used to align the gear numbers) I hand tightened all the way down, reverse lockout wouldn't work. I had to back the threads off quite a bit for the reverse lockout to work which made it significantly taller. I'll set it all properly tonight (minus locktight) so I can get better idea of how tall this is going to be. Contacted raceseng to see if this is normal or if they just haven't seen the 2024 yet and then may need to alter the design a tad to accommodate it. I did like the way the Weight felt though, noticeable change

OP
OP

travistx28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Mustang GT
I put it on without the top mount screw (the one used to align the gear numbers) I hand tightened all the way down, reverse lockout wouldn't work. I had to back the threads off quite a bit for the reverse lockout to work which made it significantly taller. I'll set it all properly tonight (minus locktight) so I can get better idea of how tall this is going to be. Contacted raceseng to see if this is normal or if they just haven't seen the 2024 yet and then may need to alter the design a tad to accommodate it. I did like the way the Weight felt though, noticeable change
Great! That helps me a lot. I think I will wait until they make the tweaks for the shift knob to fit a 2024.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Iā€™ve got a billetworkz Iā€™m going to install soon. I also have their reverse lockout replacement so that the knob doesnā€™t sit too high properly installed. Iā€™m hoping the install is the same as s550 shown below. Has anyone removed the shifter boot in their 2024 to change the reverse lockout yet? It looks like itā€™d be easy to break the clips on removalā€¦
IMG_8512.jpeg

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The knob I got was for the OEM lockout but on their site it doesn't say 2024 so I'm curious if this was expected or if they'll need to adjust their design thus year

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
The knob I got was for the OEM lockout but on their site it doesn't say 2024 so I'm curious if this was expected or if they'll need to adjust their design thus year
I bought the spherical knob from billetworkz and on their site it said Iā€™d need their reverse lockout with a smaller diameter top end for all but the half-sphere knob designs for 2015+ mustangs.

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Assuming youre on here because you got a new mustang or considering it.. but..You could also get a lot cheaper car but I guess you could argue you like the way it feels lol
Not cheap when buying the car but maybe a little cheap on that. Went all in on a Viofo A139 dash cam and window tint all windows.

IMG_2961.jpeg

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not cheap when buying the car but maybe a little cheap on that. Went all in on a Viofo A139 dash cam and window tint all windows.

IMG_2961.jpeg
Pic of cam setup? Curious how large it is once in place. Never had a cam before and everyone recommends that brand.
Sponsored