• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tune Update?

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Anyone hearing anything on if any of the tuners are close to breaking into the ECU? In November, Hennessy told me HP Tuners was hopeful about before Christmas. That obviously didn’t happen!

I personally want to put a ProCharger on mine but no luck until this is solved…
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Haven't heard anything yet on our side. We'll be sure to let everyone know once we get more info about support from any of the tuning companies.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Just checking since this is a major issue for me ordering an S650, is there still any evidence of someone being able to do a custom ECU tune?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The Forums are generally quick to post new information, especially a topic like this.

I haven't read anything about tunes, factory (Ford Performance), factory-supported or 3rd party custom.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The Forums are generally quick to post new information, especially a topic like this.

I haven't read anything about tunes, factory (Ford Performance), factory-supported or 3rd party custom.
Speed o meter calibration ?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
With reasonable authority, don't hold your breath folks.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
lol
1) don’t listen to Hennessey
2) it’s going to be a good wait and i mean a good wait, don’t be surprised if they’re isn’t anything after marking tuning available unless they bench flash or figure out a work around like they do on the GR Corolla
3) I’m surprised FRPP, Roush and Whipple haven’t gotten or at least announced a carb legal tune for the people in the mean time. Honestly the time is now to push something out because they would have the market cornered.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
lol
1) don’t listen to Hennessey
2) it’s going to be a good wait and i mean a good wait, don’t be surprised if they’re isn’t anything after marking tuning available unless they bench flash or figure out a work around like they do on the GR Corolla
3) I’m surprised FRPP, Roush and Whipple haven’t gotten or at least announced a carb legal tune for the people in the mean time. Honestly the time is now to push something out because they would have the market cornered.
I would guess FP is on it, and will have something sooner or later. If it will be worth the ask, as they really like their own tunes/devices it seems, is TBD.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I would guess FP is on it, and will have something sooner or later. If it will be worth the ask, as they really like their own tunes/devices it seems, is TBD.
im not a personal fan of the older ford racing tunes, “they had an outside shop work with them back in the day”
They are really mediocre tunes but the once they brought alot of the work in when ford performance was brought together. I’d have no issue throwing one of there safe A55 tunes on my car. But yeah i find it odd they haven’t gone full bore it takes alot of time for pass carb approval but they haven’t even tried. Even with a basic tune they’res a good 10-15whp in both the GT and DH

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
im not a personal fan of the older ford racing tunes, “they had an outside shop work with them back in the day”
They are really mediocre tunes but the once they brought alot of the work in when ford performance was brought together. I’d have no issue throwing one of there safe A55 tunes on my car. But yeah i find it odd they haven’t gone full bore it takes alot of time for pass carb approval but they haven’t even tried. Even with a basic tune they’res a good 10-15whp in both the GT and DH
I see both sides of the coin. but Ford should just unlock it. If people void their warranty, so be it. I'd guess they also want to corner the SC market while being partnered with Whipple.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Mmmmm…. As far as spark and fueling it’s pretty maxed out already I bet.

where we need a tune is more RPM and shifting strategies, also the Tq reduction.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mmmmm…. As far as spark and fueling it’s pretty maxed out already I bet.

where we need a tune is more RPM and shifting strategies, also the Tq reduction.
I have stated this on some FB 650 pages. The "experts" laugh.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have stated this on some FB 650 pages. The "experts" laugh.
Torque management is what the clutch is for.
Sponsored