• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Titanium Exhaust?

Japeatr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang DH; '13 F-150; '20 Exped; '05 CobaltSS
As the car makes major power with headers and full exhaust, I was curious if a full titanium exhaust system would be a possibility down the line with the current aftermarket vendors. Not sure if such a system was ever developed for the s550 chassis.

The weight savings over the stainless-steel exhaust system offerings would be substantial.

So it stands to reason, since titanium is ~40% lighter than SS. The headers and exhaust would save close to 80lbs over SS systems.

This along with some other modifications could save considerable low-slung weight for further improved handling and track performance.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
As the car makes major power with headers and full exhaust, I was curious if a full titanium exhaust system would be a possibility down the line with the current aftermarket vendors. Not sure if such a system was ever developed for the s550 chassis.

The weight savings over the stainless-steel exhaust system offerings would be substantial.

So it stands to reason, since titanium is ~40% lighter than SS. The headers and exhaust would save close to 80lbs over SS systems.

This along with some other modifications could save considerable low-slung weight for further improved handling and track performance.

Thoughts?
Price per hp, would rather get whipped.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Get a solid system made with 304 stainless steel. You'll be happy with it. No need to go to titanium. As for the wt savings...maybe go open header on the track with an 18 inch header extension tube if weight is a major concern on the track. It will take heavy modification to make it work with modern emissions equipment. Also, with the locked ECU IDK how viable that would make it for you to run open headers, but it's an option if you're brave enough.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Thoughts?
IMO there are better ways to spend $15,000. A full SS exhaust right now can run you $3-4,000 if not more. If someone ever comes out with a similar but Ti setup, it will easily be 3-4x more expensive just from a rarity standpoint (unless everyone does it which I highly doubt).

A car with an $8,000 supercharger + $7,000 in suspension and other supporting mods will run crop circles around a stock car with a full Ti exhaust system and nothing else.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I believe there is very little to no market for a titanium exhaust in the Mustang world. See folks and BMW Porsche spend $10,000+ to get a titanium exhaust to save a little bit of weight and very little horsepower

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
I get that the return on investment is pretty low. Some titanium exhausts look more appropriate mounted on a wall than under a car. Here's a piece from Powerhouse Amuse in Japan. It goes for about $4,000.

S650 Mustang Titanium Exhaust? Amuse

Titanium exhausts seem expensive until you start looking at Inconel exhausts, which is what F1 uses.

S650 Mustang Titanium Exhaust? inconel.JPG

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Herfurth aluminum exhaust is the move, ultra light at a very reasonable price, it’s on a few already I believe.
Sponsored