• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

They HAVE to ditch the MT-82 this time around, right?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The S550 had some clearly identifiable flaws, the manual being the most obvious, in my opinion. They need to stick a Tremec in the volume models and call it a day already.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I would bet that's exactly what they're planning, ditching the mt-82 I mean. Apparently, the tremec costs a similar amount to produce, and can be made at a similar scale to the mt-82, at least based on what I've heard. So there's no reason for them not to.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Its in the camaro already right? Not reason they couldnā€™t, but it would suck for mach 1 owners.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Its in the camaro already right? Not reason they couldnā€™t, but it would suck for mach 1 owners.
I get the impression that the mach 1 will essentially reflect the performance levels of the base s650 gt, in the same way that the boss 302 was kinda the benchmark for the s550 gt. Makes sense, more brands are doing this, like Nissan when they put the engine planned for the new frontier into the last year or two of the old one. Allows brands to see how consumers respond, and let's these powertrains accumulate a ton of real world testing, so they're less likely to have issues when the next gen launches. It really is a brilliant strategy.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
So in other words, the mach-1 from an engineering standpoint, is what we can expect from the s650 gt. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The S550 had some clearly identifiable flaws, the manual being the most obvious, in my opinion. They need to stick a Tremec in the volume models and call it a day already.
Other than gearing the MT-82 hasn't had issues since they revised it in 2019. So... I would buy another without blinking an eye. Only reason to get the Tremmec is to spend more money for 0 return IMO.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I would absolutely hope that the Mach 1 is the benchmark for the S650 GT :like:
I'm keeping my expectations lower. I'm thinking we will see a 5.0 that's a merger of the Bullitt/Mach1 and F-150 versions with power in the 470-500 range, and the handling will be "on par" with the PPL2 minus the wider/sticky stock rubber those got. Basically, a Mach1 track pack will have an edge over the GT + performance package, but will come down to driver. Much like how the GT350 and mach1 are.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I'm keeping my expectations lower. I'm thinking we will see a 5.0 that's a merger of the Bullitt/Mach1 and F-150 versions with power in the 470-500 range, and the handling will be "on par" with the PPL2 minus the wider/sticky stock rubber those got. Basically, a Mach1 track pack will have an edge over the GT + performance package, but will come down to driver. Much like how the GT350 and mach1 are.
If that would be the case the S650 would be almost DOA. That Mach 1 has to be the bar. If they aim for anything lower than that they can keep it. In other words: a S650 with mild improvements wouldn't be worth calling S650.

I"m extremely curious what the S650 will be like but on the same

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Tbh id expect any powertrain $$$ to be spent on the hybrids we have seen rumored. Tremec sure as it exists. Anything for a gen 4 coyote is likely to be focused on emissions or fuel economy with the hybrid expected to make the net hp more. They are also still going to leave room for special edition cars with more margin. Ford apparently canā€™t import the manual into the eu starting like june with fuel and emissions. The auto is barely above that. If they want to continue selling there they are going to have to do something. Hopefully they will maintain power but the 2022 cars already lost a little.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
I hope so, maybe Iā€™d jump back into a Mustang. The biggest POS trans Iā€™ve ever owned was that MT82. I know all of them are not ā€œbadā€ I drove a few friends that didnā€™t have issues. But mine sucked. Wouldnā€™t shift quickly over 6300 and even with the Mantic only was quick 90% of the time.

Eh, Iā€™ll probably just go A10 if I ever get back into a Mustang

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Stangmode repeated again in his latest video that the S650 will get the Mach 1's Tremec.........but I've not heard this anywhere else.
Somehow I got the bad feeling that in the end they still put the MT-82 in european cars šŸ˜…
The Gertrag has to be ditched, it's just a horrible transmission for such a great car

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
If that would be the case the S650 would be almost DOA. That Mach 1 has to be the bar. If they aim for anything lower than that they can keep it. In other words: a S650 with mild improvements wouldn't be worth calling S650.

I"m extremely curious what the S650 will be like but on the same
IN NO way would it be DOA. By that logic the 2005 Mustang GT was DOA for being slower than the 2004 Mach1. I think its blatantly stupid to expect a car that's likely going to be about 48k with the performance package to perform like a car that was 60+K the year before. Be your own logic the Mach1 is DOA for being about the same price as the GT350 but also slower than it.

The S650 has long been expected to be just mild improvements over the S550 ever since we knew it was just going to be a tweaking of the same platform.
Sponsored