• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Opinions are fine and welcome when it's one and done. Vehemently spewing hatred isn't cool though, even for a forum. It becomes a drag and a turn off to be frank. You don't see me heading over the M6G starting a thread (or jumping in unrelated threads) about how atrocious I think the '18 refresh looks or how the 15-17 S550 looks more like a Ford Fusion than a Mustang.
actually we can be as negative and vehement about it as our Fancy Feast permits. The title of the thread makes it plain the slant on the topic to be found therein. That doesn't mean we can spew hatred and bile in the 'love-fest' thread(s), or indiscriminately across the board.

If you don't like people talking negatively, may I remind you the un-sub button at the top of the thread. Then you can enjoy your day, quan intact while basking in harmonious balance with glued-on tablets identifying as modern car dash.

The rest of us will pile invective on insult Ford's way till our horror is assuaged.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But what if this day never comes shogun? Then what?
then we will have 300 pages of acrimonious dissent paired with innumerable photos of quality designs that approximate effort and thought by other (perhaps even Ford?) designers.

Not too many people who JUST LOVE the new dash are going to spend much time in this thread unless it's out of morbid curiosity and unhealthy fascination with rancor and dissention amongst so-called Mustang believers.

With any luck they'll be able to amass a rolodex of people to put in their kill file (oops, dating myself),, or perhaps place their forum handles on the church circular as needing prayer and a spiritual visit from the Almighty lest they continue down the path of sinful unbelief. Indeed I've heard it preached Salvation is to be found in digital screens per the clergy of Meta/Google/Tiktok.

Remember how Virtual Reality was supposed to consume all future HCI going forward? it's been a spectacular failure. There are lessons that can be learned here too.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
then we will have 300 pages of acrimonious dissent paired with innumerable photos of quality designs that approximate effort and thought by other (perhaps even Ford?) designers.

Not too many people who JUST LOVE the new dash are going to spend much time in this thread unless it's out of morbid curiosity and unhealthy fascination with rancor and dissention amongst so-called Mustang believers.

With any luck they'll be able to amass a rolodex of people to put in their kill file (oops, dating myself),, or perhaps place their forum handles on the church circular as needing prayer and a spiritual visit from the Almighty lest they continue down the path of sin. Indeed I've heard it preached Salvation is to be found in digital screens per the clergy of Meta/Google/Tiktok.
I wish you guys were around for Pontiac Aztek. If only you could have warned them, shogun.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish you guys were around for Pontiac Aztek. If only you could have warned them, shogun.
I'm sure there was plenty. Even the industry and general press crucified GM on it. Did they heed the masses? Nope.

I was watching a Disovery(?) series about the Cars that Built America. Now maybe the script writer isn't much of a car fan, but the impression I took away from the first few episodes is that Detroit is staffed by morons and a couple of lucky/maverick buggers who managed to hit the odd homerun despite the general incompetence, naivete, and arrogant stubbornness of protagonist and antagonist both.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Sure looks like a mis-named Boss 302 to me.
I'm sure there was plenty. Even the industry and general press crucified GM on it. Did they heed the masses? Nope.

I was watching a Disovery(?) series about the Cars that Built America. Now maybe the script writer isn't much of a car fan, but the impression I took away from the first few episodes is that Detroit is staffed by morons and a couple of lucky/maverick buggers who managed to hit the odd homerun despite the general incompetence, naivete, and arrogant stubbornness of protagonist and antagonist both.
Largely accurate, especially of late.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

S650 dash aside, I can agree that these next gen designers are probably not "car people". I've said this before - BMW used to make some, if not most, of the best looking cars on the road. That's past tense lol. Hyundai Elantra? Yes, let's make it look like it took a severe impact to every major body panel.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW used to make some, if not most, of the best looking cars on the road. That's past tense lol. Hyundai Elantra? Yes, let's make it look like it took a severe impact to every major body panel.
The Stinger was designed by an ex-BMW guy and it shows. It's a NICE looking sedan. It's a DAMN shame it doesn't come with a stick.

Car designers have run out of things to do just like the fashion industry has and so they keep reaching for 'radical' or 'controversial' to desperately try to put their 'mark' on the end result. Much like name-brand architects keep trying ever more wild and impractical designs so they can 'show off' with seemingly little appreciation for the travails of the people and purposes an office building is supposed to serve.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
.... The rest of us will pile invective on insult Ford's way till our horror is assuaged.
I'll drink to that ... let the invective piling on continue! Ford, are you there? Do we all have to wait until April 1st when you will say those two magic words regarding the dash?

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I'll drink to that ... let the invective piling on continue! Ford, are you there? Do we all have to wait until April 1st when you will say those two magic words regarding the dash?
On April 1st they'll probably say 'based on customer feedback we have decided to change the dashboard design to an upgraded version of the one we had in S550' and then laugh at us on April 2nd because we all believed it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Want to redesign a classic? Here you go. This is how it should have been done. Congrats to Charge cars. Tech+Classy+Heritage
BBD3B159-1CB2-432D-8C73-37564838BB1D.jpeg
That looks horribly bland. Screen glued to a flat dashboard. And vertical screens don't belong in cars, they are way out of the view of the driver.

My favorite modern interiors are C8 Corvette, modern, sporty, screens are integrated nicely, everything is driver centric but you could argue if you like the wall of buttons or not.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1665047685044

And e-tron GT. Very classy, screens are greatly included into the dashboard and a good mix between not too simple and not too overdesigned.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1665047790636

Oh no, it looks like it has a 1950 mustache
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1665048130329
Sponsored