• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Good riddance to the bannished....sheesh

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I’m sure Ford cares more about sales numbers and customer surveys than general public opinion.
And they care more about general consumer opinion than they do a handful of superfans complaining repetitively and vociferously on one or two message boards. The very definition of an Internet echo chamber.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Good thing nobody here said that. Eric said No Mustang owner NEEDS a massive tablet and I fully agree. It should be about driving experience and I personally find large tablets distracts from that.
Good thing you don't get to tell me...or anyone else...what they need. I need that new interior because I said I do. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Dawg go home. You just outed yourself as the sourest grape in the bunch. What are you aiming to get out of all your pouting? Hope people don't buy the car?
Pouting is what caused Ford to finally drop the Mustang II in favor of a new design.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
I am amazed that they got the number of physical buttons right (twice the S650 count) but foobarred it by rolling it out as one physical cramped long line. Impossible to choose the right one without focused aim!
It is the worst of digital dash turned into the worst of physical buttons. I am baffled. Form against function.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I am amazed that they got the number of physical buttons right (twice the S650 count) but foobarred it by rolling it out as one physical cramped long line. Impossible to choose the right one without focused aim!
It is the worst of digital dash turned into the worst of physical buttons. I am baffled. Form against function.
My wife's Mazda has a couple of knobs on the center console, one spins through settings, and the other lets you adjust values (like radio volume). With those two knobs and a few physical buttons, you can easily control just about everything. We took her car on a long road trip last year and it found it to be one of the best interfaces I have every used.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
We took her car on a long road trip last year and it found it to be one of the best interfaces I have every used.
Exact same experience here. Mazda's rotary user controls are very much like BMW iDrive used to be, super intuitive and much more suited for use in a car than any touch screen will ever be. I recently had to explain to my wife that the screen in her Mazda actually also has touch functionality, which she never even realized in 5 years of owning the car and never missed it too.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I bought a '22 M4. I was close to going GT350 but was too concerned about reliability...then almost went Mach 1, but I didn't want to buy one with the new model coming out so shortly after and I could always trade down (money-wise anyway) when the new one comes out. Anywho...the first pic is the dash on my '22M4 (not specifically mine) and the second is the pic on the '23 M3 that will also be on the '24 M4. I can't say I'm disappointed that I'm not getting the bigger dash...and i agree with those who say that Porsche has struck a nice balance with their latest getn dash layout.
2023-bmw-m4-coupe-control-panel-carbuzz-1033635-900x600.jpg
2023_bmw_3-series_fint_fe_51722542_1600.jpg
Wait, you were concerned about reliability, so you bought a BMW?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Exact same experience here. Mazda's rotary user controls are very much like BMW iDrive used to be, super intuitive and much more suited for use in a car than any touch screen will ever be. I recently had to explain to my wife that the screen in her Mazda actually also has touch functionality, which she never even realized in 5 years of owning the car and never missed it too.
THAT is the definition of excellent UI/HCI design.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
I bought a '22 M4. I was close to going GT350 but was too concerned about reliability...then almost went Mach 1, but I didn't want to buy one with the new model coming out so shortly after and I could always trade down (money-wise anyway) when the new one comes out. Anywho...the first pic is the dash on my '22M4 (not specifically mine) and the second is the pic on the '23 M3 that will also be on the '24 M4. I can't say I'm disappointed that I'm not getting the bigger dash...and i agree with those who say that Porsche has struck a nice balance with their latest getn dash layout.
2023-bmw-m4-coupe-control-panel-carbuzz-1033635-900x600.jpg
2023_bmw_3-series_fint_fe_51722542_1600.jpg
wow! they should just take that whole dash and expand to the other side. one big dash screen...
looks like they went backwards in design instead of forward....

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Want to redesign a classic? Here you go. This is how it should have been done. Congrats to Charge cars. Tech+Classy+Heritage
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO BBD3B159-1CB2-432D-8C73-37564838BB1D

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Want to redesign a classic? Here you go. This is how it should have been done. Congrats to Charge cars. Tech+Classy+Heritage
BBD3B159-1CB2-432D-8C73-37564838BB1D.jpeg
That looks so awfully boring lol

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Pouting is what caused Ford to finally drop the Mustang II in favor of a new design.
The Mustang II was produced for 5 years, and sold over 1m units. It ran its course as a production model as an answer to skyrocketing oil prices, pouting had nothing to do with it.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
The Mustang II was produced for 5 years, and sold over 1m units. It ran its course as a production model as an answer to skyrocketing oil prices, pouting had nothing to do with it.
My college roommate had one (a '75 I think). It had the 2.8 V6 with headers and a custom dual exhaust. It would be considered a total POS by modern standards, but wasn't half bad for it's day.
Sponsored